United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2019, 09:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't really see how he's going to help PSG take that next step to stop shitting themselves every time they get to a champions league knockout tie.

Still, if winning 6-0 in the french league every week is your thing, go ahead pal.
They'd have the best young defender and best young forward in world football tbf

Dave on a free next summer possibly too

They’ll win it soon if they keep signing players like De Ligt.

Unread 13-06-2019, 09:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think signing the best young CB in the game is generally considered helpful....
For a club that seems to demand instant success, it's a strange one

Unread 14-06-2019, 05:14 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
For a club that seems to demand instant success, it's a strange one
Maybe they've realised instant success planning doesn't work if they're insistent on winning the CL and are thinking about the long term now.

It's been debated before but them playing against dross week in week out really hinders them when it comes to stepping up in the CL, getting outwitted by us over two legs last year proves that. Building a team for the long term wit h quality players like De ligt will certainly help them but it's not guaranteed. You'd certainly have to question any players long term ambitions, especially at 19, if they're happy to win the French league year after year with a slim chance of progressing in the CL every now and then.

Unread 14-06-2019, 05:27 AM
puressence

think him coming from holland working with edwin the fact hes stated long before this summer madness how much of a fan he is of the premier league he will improve massively in england and if he comes to utd play non stop makes me laugh how people assume and presume we have nothing to offer players ...

Unread 14-06-2019, 05:30 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
think him coming from holland working with edwin the fact hes stated long before this summer madness how much of a fan he is of the premier league he will improve massively in england and if he comes to utd play non stop makes me laugh how people assume and presume we have nothing to offer players ...
Yep. Most successful team in England and biggest club in world but we are nothing

Many of our own fans are believing the press’s narrative. Disgusting.

Unread 14-06-2019, 06:23 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Who is "Edwin the Fact" ?

Unread 14-06-2019, 06:23 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yep. Most successful time in England and biggest club in world but we are nothing

Many of our own fans are believing the press’s narrative. Disgusting.
Think it’s just that we’re a bit of a basket case atm pal. 4th (and massively unproven) manager in 5 years, investment banker acting as the DOF, disliked clueless owners, Ashley Young being captain, outside top 4 finishes.

I think if he comes then it says more about him than it does about us.

Unread 14-06-2019, 07:00 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Who is "Edwin the Fact" ?

Unread 14-06-2019, 07:27 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Id love to have de ligt. But who was the last, good player, who wasnt aging and chose man utd over another team?

Fact is man utd these days only offer one thing. Wads of cash. That would tell you about the type of player they sign

Unread 14-06-2019, 07:41 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Parters is MDL's Dad.
Bring him home.
No way de ligts mum is a fatty

Unread 14-06-2019, 07:44 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No way de ligts mum is a fatty

Unread 14-06-2019, 07:47 AM
believe

Made up Jordi Cruyffs hair has grown back

Unread 14-06-2019, 07:50 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Think it’s just that we’re a bit of a basket case atm pal. 4th (and massively unproven) manager in 5 years, investment banker acting as the DOF, disliked clueless owners, Ashley Young being captain, outside top 4 finishes.

I think if he comes then it says more about him than it does about us.
This is the problem. I'd love for him to come here, but if Barca, PSG, or Juve are offering around the same in terms of contract, why would he choose here? Because the chief executive of the club he is leaving won the Champions League here? I don' think that would be enough to convince him.

Chatting to Blind for 5 minutes would probably be enough to put most people off to be honest. He was bought, saw the manager he liked back-stabbed and then thrown under the bus by an investment banker who's trying to play football manager, then he was cast aside before being sold on the cheap.

I want him to come here as it would obviously be a hell of a statement, but if you take off those rose tinted specs for a minute, why the £#%&! would he?!

Unread 14-06-2019, 07:53 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This is the problem. I'd love for him to come here, but if Barca, PSG, or Juve are offering around the same in terms of contract, why would he choose here? Because the chief executive of the club he is leaving won the Champions League here? I don' think that would be enough to convince him.

Chatting to Blind for 5 minutes would probably be enough to put most people off to be honest. He was bought, saw the manager he liked back-stabbed and then thrown under the bus by an investment banker who's trying to play football manager, then he was cast aside before being sold on the cheap.

I want him to come here as it would obviously be a hell of a statement, but if you take off those rose tinted specs for a minute, why the £#%&! would he?!
Someone will be along to let you know we're "the biggest club in the world" shortly, even though we've been acting like anything but.

Unread 14-06-2019, 07:59 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Id love to have de ligt. But who was the last, good player, who wasnt aging and chose man utd over another team?

Fact is man utd these days only offer one thing. Wads of cash. That would tell you about the type of player they sign
pogba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
nice of alan smith to go on holiday with him

Unread 14-06-2019, 08:37 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Fat bastard.

Nice of Ole to tag along with him and his family, though.

Unread 14-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Finport Red

Nice of Charlie Dimmock and Louise Mensch to go along with them.

Unread 14-06-2019, 08:50 AM
waynes ear's

young Dexter Fletcher bottom right

Unread 14-06-2019, 08:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
young Dexter Fletcher bottom right
Twins those two ..

Mums called Vivian btw.

Unread 14-06-2019, 08:56 AM
Lazlo Panaflex