United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:30 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Default platini to ban ribery

For a few bayern games, because he won't play for france, even though he's retired from international football

News may be a bit out of date now but wtf is dat about..

He's retired you corrupt gimp.

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:35 AM
dunk

Didn't they threaten to do similar to Makelele as well. @#%&!s.

I don't expect Germany to do the same for Lahm..

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:40 AM
andyroo

England should do this with Slippy Steve for the lolz.

But they won't.

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:43 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
England should do this with Slippy Steve for the lolz.

But they won't.
He'd reverse his retirement decision so £#%&!ing quickly

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Lok

They also did it with Anelka.

You can't actually retire from international football. If you're still registered for a club and you get called up, you're supposed to play.

Most countries aren't @#%&!s though and they wont consider players for selection if they've 'retired'.

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:51 AM
vangaalsbigballs

I am not sure how he is wrong tbh. If you are fit enough to play club football you are fit enough to play international football.

not wanting to play for your country

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Mr_Ed

Bit of a shocker that... What if you don't want to play for your country at all? There must be some law about it?!

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:54 AM
Chicarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

You can't actually retire from international football. If you're still registered for a club and you get called up, you're supposed to play.

Most countries aren't @#%&!s though and they wont consider players for selection if they've 'retired'.
nouveau au le Francais copain?

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangaalsbigballs
I am not sure how he is wrong tbh. If you are fit enough to play club football you are fit enough to play international football.

As they don't pay you and you aren't under contract to them, you shouldn't have to do anything for them tbh.

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

That's bollox. Not doubting you but it's bollox that you can't retire. What if you don't want to play international football? It's not conscription ffs

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:56 AM
Zorg

Quote:

I don't blame them tbh. In this case you'd think Ribery would want to play in Euro 2016 with it being in France and all that, but most of the time they have to spend time away from their families for stupid friendlies against the likes of Iceland and Georgia. I can see why players in their 30s would decide it's not worth the bother.

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:59 AM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I don't blame them tbh. In this case you'd think Ribery would want to play in Euro 2016 with it being in France and all that, but most of the time they have to spend time away from their families for stupid friendlies against the likes of Iceland and Georgia. I can see why players in their 30s would decide it's not worth the bother.
The law is because if most players think like that international football will end up like a farce. Imagine messi or ronaldo saying they don't want to play international matches.

In this case fully agree with blatter and platini. If your country wants you to play, you play, if not £#%&! off.

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:03 AM
dunk

International football is a farce.

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Zorg

Quote:
The law is because if most players think like that international football will end up like a farce. Imagine messi or ronaldo saying they don't want to play international matches.

In this case fully agree with blatter and platini. If your country wants you to play, you play, if not £#%&! off.
But he already has '£#%&!ed off'

It's not the army ffs.

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:06 AM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
But he already has '£#%&!ed off'

It's not the army ffs.
Should be like that. These @#%&!s don't want to be away from their families when they travel to georgia or iceland yet that is fine for them when they travel with the clubs?

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Lok

Quote:
Should be like that. These @#%&!s don't want to be away from their families when they travel to georgia or iceland yet that is fine for them when they travel with the clubs?
Their clubs are paying them a £#%&!load of money to do it.

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Yes, because the clubs pay their salaries.

Look, it's a football match, not a war. No-one's going 'over the top', lives are not at stake. If some player who's already given a lot to the national team, played in a few tournaments etc., decides he'd rather spend time with his kids than travel thousands of miles for friendlies and leave the door open for someone younger with fewer ties, then he should be free to do so. It's £#%&! all to do with anyone else.

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:38 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

I thought Anelka was suspended from the French team for calling Domenech a @#%&!.

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:45 AM
Crumps

Club > Country

Suppose Scholesy should have kept playing left wing for £#%&!ing England.

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:46 AM
crockster

Default Bizarre

Older players normally retire to let younger players have their go or because they can no longer give 100% for both club and country.

Generally this is accepted by all parties and the player's wishes are respected.

If I was Ribery I would tell Platini to go and s**k my b*lls.
Closed Thread