United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-10-2007, 10:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Carrick available?

According to the Grauniad he is??

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...201709,00.html

The repercussions for United will be partly offset by the return of Michael Carrick, who has had an x-ray on a broken arm and been cleared to resume full training. Owen Hargreaves suffered no reaction after Saturday's defeat of Middlesbrough, his first start since September 1, while Gary Neville will return from a seven-month lay-off in a reserve game on Thursday.

Unread 30-10-2007, 10:53 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
According to the Grauniad he is??

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...201709,00.html

The repercussions for United will be partly offset by the return of Michael Carrick, who has had an x-ray on a broken arm and been cleared to resume full training. Owen Hargreaves suffered no reaction after Saturday's defeat of Middlesbrough, his first start since September 1, while Gary Neville will return from a seven-month lay-off in a reserve game on Thursday.
Sky reported that he, Neville and Saha HOPE to be available for Arsenal.

Really sad news about Scholes, but I suppose that is the area of the pitch we are most stocked so we should be able to cope.

How did the official team thread go on Friday. I gotta tell ya, I felt a void come Friday morning.

Unread 30-10-2007, 10:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

How did the official team thread go on Friday. I gotta tell ya, I felt a void come Friday morning.
It missed you, there's no doubt about that.

Unread 30-10-2007, 10:59 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
It missed you, there's no doubt about that.
Me?

Really?

Oh, stop it....

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Me?

Really?

Oh, stop it....

Are you blushing?

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:02 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Are you blushing?
No. I'm hot.

And I'm not crying either, I've just got something in my eye.....

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Bishovetz

Like Carrick, but to be fair, since he's been out, we've starting banging the goals in, and it's given a chance for Anderson and Nani to get a few more games under their belt.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishovetz
Like Carrick, but to be fair, since he's been out, we've starting banging the goals in, and it's given a chance for Anderson and Nani to get a few more games under their belt.
I think the goals are more down to the return of Rooney and Ronnie and the full fitness of Tevez than the lack of Carrick. Nice to have options either way.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Bishovetz

Perhaps, bedders, it's the boy Scholes were going to miss against the likes of Arsenal.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:17 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I think the goals are more down to the return of Rooney and Ronnie and the full fitness of Tevez than the lack of Carrick. Nice to have options either way.
And Anderson.

Don't think it's a coincidence that all four of the four goal hauls have been while he's been playing.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Perhaps, bedders, it's the boy Scholes were going to miss against the likes of Arsenal.
I think we'd always miss Scholes. Still it's time for Anderson, Carrick and Hargo to step up over the next 3 months and i'm excited by that.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:20 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I think we'd always miss Scholes. Still it's time for Anderson, Carrick and Hargo to step up over the next 3 months and i'm excited by that.
Yeah. The good thing is that we have options both in terms of numbers and style.

Anderson, Carrick, Hargreaves, Fletcher and to a lesser extent Giggs battling it out for 2/3 positions should see us through.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Bishovetz

What's the news on Evra?

Deffo need him back for Saturday, given Arsenal's pace down the flanks.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yeah. The good thing is that we have options both in terms of numbers and style.

Anderson, Carrick, Hargreaves, Fletcher and to a lesser extent Giggs battling it out for 2/3 positions should see us through.
Sorry but, Fletcher? Nah.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:32 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Sorry but, Fletcher? Nah.
Fletcher has done enough to deserve the occasional run out.

He's not first choice and never will be but you know as well as I do that he will play his part in the rotation.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:33 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
What's the news on Evra?

Deffo need him back for Saturday, given Arsenal's pace down the flanks.
He was supposed to be fit for Saturday so I can only assume he'll be ok?

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Fletcher has done enough to deserve the occasional run out.

He's not first choice and never will be but you know as well as I do that he will play his part in the rotation.
Nah, we've got proper quality now, unless wqe have a real run of injuries in midfield I see no need to play him at all. I've said it before, his days are numbered.

Unread 30-10-2007, 12:20 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Nah, we've got proper quality now, unless wqe have a real run of injuries in midfield I see no need to play him at all. I've said it before, his days are numbered.
I was merely outlining the options. Shit or not, he is an option.

This is a little like the Official Thread in the sense that I'm predicting more what Fergie thinks rather than my own opinion.

Unread 30-10-2007, 12:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I was merely outlining the options. Shit or not, he is an option.

This is a little like the Official Thread in the sense that I'm predicting more what Fergie thinks rather than my own opinion.
I'm just saying that with Carrick, Hargo and Anderson fit, he's an option we don't need.
Closed Thread