United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Should Greenwood be allowed to play for us again?
Yes 41 33.33%
No 82 66.67%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:24 PM
NedKelly

Default Should Greenwood be allowed to play for us again?

Poll incoming

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:26 PM
Joe Biden

Why shouldn't he exactly?

Johnny Evans and Ronaldo both played again for united after being falsely accused.

If anything the club should have carried on playing him like certain others.

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:31 PM
Bunker Buster

£#%&! the little #@&%! ....

Never want to see him in the shirt.....

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:31 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Why shouldn't he exactly?

Johnny Evans and Ronaldo both played again for united after being falsely accused.

If anything the club should have carried on playing him like certain others.
There’s nothing to say he was falsely accused. Until we find out why the case was dropped it’s hard to comment. Could be to do with the evidence or whatever I don’t know. He could have agreed an out of court settlement etc. .

As of this moment he shouldn’t play.

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:33 PM
Ethers

The case is dropped because she won’t testify, widely known that they’re back together.

I guess the police were hoping that she might change her mind, or he’d do something stupid again to remind her what he was like.

Without her evidence, I highly doubt there’s any realistic chance of getting a conviction

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
There’s nothing to say he was falsely accused. Until we find out why the case was dropped it’s hard to comment. Could be to do with the evidence or whatever I don’t know. He could have agreed an out of court settlement etc. .

As of this moment he shouldn’t play.
A CPS spokesman said: “In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction.

"In these circumstances, we are under a duty to stop the case."

She's withdraw statements and is pregnant

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:36 PM
Dr Stranger

No.

Just because he wasn’t proven guilty, doesn’t mean he didn’t do it. We all heard the tapes (I didn’t).

Court of law can determine him ‘innocent’, we’re under no obligation to do the same.

£#%&! him.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
A CPS spokesman said: “In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction.

"In these circumstances, we are under a duty to stop the case."

She's withdraw statements and is pregnant
So it sounds like he’s out on a technicality?

Rorschach

I heard the tape. It was sickening.

I don't care what CPS could or couldn't make stick or why.

He's a @#%&!.

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:37 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
No.

Just because he wasn’t proven guilty, doesn’t mean he didn’t do it. We all heard the tapes (I didn’t).

Court of law can determine him ‘innocent’, we’re under no obligation to do the same.

£#%&! him.
This.

I did hear the tapes. They were horrific.

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:40 PM
armchair

This thread is SAFE FOR WORK please make sure your reply is safe for work too.

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:40 PM
dunk

@#%&!s could’ve dropped the charges 1st January, we could’ve got Chelsea to buy him along with everyone else

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:41 PM
Whip Hubley

Should he from a legal point of view? Absolutely

Should he from an ethical point of view? Absolutely not

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
@#%&!s could’ve dropped the charges 1st January, we could’ve got Chelsea to buy him along with everyone else
a few days earlier and he probably would have been loaned to everton

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:41 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
not sure we would ever have sold him, but the timing is interesting.

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:43 PM
Ethers

Whatever the club decides, needs to be sorted before the end of the day.

Not a good look to be seen taking ages to make a decision when they should have been prepared for this for months

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not sure we would ever have sold him, but the timing is interesting.
You spelt infuriating wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Whatever the club decides, needs to be sorted before the end of the day.

Not a good look to be seen taking ages to make a decision when they should have been prepared for this for months
You’d like the think they’ve had the inside track on what’s going on the whole time and knew this was on the horizon.

Wouldn’t be surprised if no one at the club had spoken to him since last Jan though

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:48 PM
Ethers

We’re not going to get any sort of decent fee for him.

What club are going to pay big money for him knowing that we don’t intend to play him and are desperate to get rid?

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:48 PM
FraUtd

Can't imagine ETH would be overly happy/keen on the idea of trying to reintroduce him to a squad that's looking so much more 'together' these days.

Different if he'd been charged and proven innocent, but he hasn't.
Probably ended up with the messiest scenario for the club, needed the cleanest way possible to sack him off and become someone else's problem

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:49 PM
TheNew

He's a @#%&! and so is anyone saying yes in this poll.

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:55 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Yes. He's lost a year of his career, now get him back up to speed and in the first team squad now all charges have been dropped.
Closed Thread