Unread 15-07-2019, 12:29 PM
AK14

Bunks all over the shop again

He’ll probably take it out on a 9yr old kid on fortnite later

Unread 15-07-2019, 02:30 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Was someone really suggesting we buy Mustafi? He’s literally one of the worst players I’ve ever seen
Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Yeah it was bunker buster
Ah ok, that makes sense.

Unread 15-07-2019, 03:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I suppose the fact is that he's proven himself in the most competitive league in the world. Real, Bayern and Barca might have better defenders but they're not for sale.

If you're talking about cast iron bets on young players, the one to look out for just sold for a similar price to Slab.

Koulibaly is 90 mils.

We've tried Bailly: disaster. We've tried British mid tier defenders: disaster.
He's proven in the sense he's a good player for Leicester. We need him to be a star player to help us get back to winning league titles. It's still a gamble. Remember how good Fellaini was for Everton? Very much Premier League proven.

Maguire worried me in the England-Croatia game. Got totally complacent. Hopefully he's learned from that because we need more than someone who's good at heading the ball. We need him to come in and take charge of our defence the way van Dijk has.

Unread 15-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's proven in the sense he's a good player for Leicester. We need him to be a star player to help us get back to winning league titles. It's still a gamble. Remember how good Fellaini was for Everton? Very much Premier League proven.

Maguire worried me in the England-Croatia game. Got totally complacent. Hopefully he's learned from that because we need more than someone who's good at heading the ball. We need him to come in and take charge of our defence the way van Dijk has.
Did you see him against the Netherlands....

Unread 15-07-2019, 04:06 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Bunks all over the shop again

He’ll probably take it out on a 9yr old kid on fortnite later

Unread 15-07-2019, 04:30 PM
ScarFace

Unread 15-07-2019, 04:46 PM
Tiberian

It concerns me that he will turn out to be our David Luiz/John Stones, a talented footballer who draws a lot of attention and goodwill for his exciting bursts forward, but when you look at his defending he is pretty average. His teams are consistently rather poor defensively, including England, not all on him of course but if you are looking for the impact to match the reputation, as a leader/organizer, it is really not there.

Fun player to watch but in a year it is quite likely we will be talking about having to buy the right partner for him, to make up for all the weak points in his game, just as we do with Pogba.

Hope to be wrong about him of course.

Unread 15-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not what I said, was throwing around names.

(Better stats than VVD)

Apparently though Maguire is the only 80m man out there
Quote:
Except he was statistically one of the best in the league .

Ok.

£#%&! you, £#%&! Maguire
mate?...

Unread 15-07-2019, 04:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
mate?...
Mate, it gets worse if you watch him play football....

He's £#%&!ing bang average.

Unread 15-07-2019, 04:58 PM
d_knight

My theory is de ligt and maguire did that freaky Friday body swap thing like in that Ronaldo advert and Leicester somehow saw through it, hence the price

Unread 15-07-2019, 05:10 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Fun player to watch but in a year it is quite likely we will be talking about having to buy the right partner for him, to make up for all the weak points in his game, just as we do with Pogba.
Would hardly be a surprise given the other options we have. That position is about pairings after all. Though I would be quite happy to see him paired with Tuanzebe and see how they develop this season, which I am taking as a free hit.

Unread 15-07-2019, 05:19 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Would hardly be a surprise given the other options we have. That position is about pairings after all. Though I would be quite happy to see him paired with Tuanzebe and see how they develop this season, which I am taking as a free hit.
We are going to end up paying world record defender price for a guy who is probably not even among the top 20 CB's in the game and who was inferior to Johnny Evans for much of last season. It worries me.

You are right about partnerships though, and I am still not convinced by Lindelöf either. He seemed to come out of a disastrous defensive season with his reputation enhanced somehow, I suppose from where he started it was a great improvement, will need to make a similar jump this year. Tuanzebe has plenty of talent, just needs the opportunity, look at players like Joe Gomez, Alexander-Arnold and Bissaka at Palace, saved their teams hefty fees.

Unread 15-07-2019, 05:33 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
We are going to end up paying world record defender price for a guy who is probably not even among the top 20 CB's in the game and who was inferior to Johnny Evans for much of last season. It worries me.

You are right about partnerships though, and I am still not convinced by Lindelöf either. He seemed to come out of a disastrous defensive season with his reputation enhanced somehow, I suppose from where he started it was a great improvement, will need to make a similar jump this year. Tuanzebe has plenty of talent, just needs the opportunity, look at players like Joe Gomez, Alexander-Arnold and Bissaka at Palace, saved their teams hefty fees.
I don't know how many could even rank 20 defenders playing the game today. It is a sea of mediocrity and no one on here watches near enough football to even think about compiling a list. He is an improvement on what we have IMO. Past caring about fees in this current climate. They are absurd, but I ain't paying...thank £#%&!.

Unread 15-07-2019, 05:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I don't know how many could even rank 20 defenders playing the game today. It is a sea of mediocrity and no one on here watches near enough football to even think about compiling a list. He is an improvement on what we have IMO. Past caring about fees in this current climate. They are absurd, but I ain't paying...thank £#%&!.
Yep, the bolded bit is pretty much all that matters right now.

Unread 15-07-2019, 05:36 PM
Buck

He's Phil Jones if Phil Jones could stay injury fee

Unread 15-07-2019, 05:37 PM
92ToBury

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...leave-the-club

Unread 15-07-2019, 05:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He's Phil Jones if Phil Jones could stay injury fee
Then he wouldn't be Phil Jones tbf

Unread 15-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yep, the bolded bit is pretty much all that matters right now.
No, no it isn't, as Siders Said, if we want to get back anywhere near the top an average 26year old from Leciester shouldn't be our first choice for a marquee signing...

You don't watch football though.

Unread 15-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Then he wouldn't be Phil Jones tbf
  • Sticks his head in the way of everything
  • Surging runs from the back
  • £#%&!ing ugly

Unread 15-07-2019, 05:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
You don't watch football though
Excuse me?

In fact the reason I hardly ever post on match threads when the game is on, is precisely because I *am* watching it.

.......though at times last season I didn't really bother
Closed Thread