United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 12-05-2023, 02:34 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead
not really, it rose by a very similar amount the day before, the price has been very up and down for quite a while. The daily trading volumes were in or around the average, if someone knew something important, they'd be a big uptick in the volumes traded. Journos looking at the shareprice movement and using it to justify whatever %@#$&!s story they planned to write anyway.
You're right, got caught out by non-story. What would be the bellweather for something happening?

Unread 12-05-2023, 02:43 PM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
You're right, got caught out by non-story. What would be the bellweather for something happening?
Fabrizio Romano?…

Unread 12-05-2023, 02:46 PM
moransbleedinghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
I'm by no means a stock market guru, but I'd expect to see a big increase in the volume traded, average volume is 2million per day, so if you anything like 8mil upwards, you'd have to think that either someone knows something or someone has got spooked by a rumour. Whether the price is up of down will tell you if the current investors think its good news, and if you are a current investor then Qatar is the good news, as their offer is way above current share price valuation.

So my take is, and I'm prepared for anyone who actually knows what their talking about to tell me I'm talking %@#$&!s, is, 8mill plus shares traded with a decent increase in price(>10%) indicates Qatar, and similar volume but decrease of > 10% indicates, Jim's partial buyout.

Unread 12-05-2023, 03:28 PM
Parlabane

surely its got to be announced soon whichever way its going

Unread 12-05-2023, 04:38 PM
Long tongue phooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
surely its got to be announced soon whichever way its going

Monday 4pm.

Unread 12-05-2023, 06:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 12-05-2023, 07:01 PM
believe

Dr ChatGPT’s entire Fred history summed up in one post.

Unread 12-05-2023, 07:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Dr ChatGPT’s entire Fred history summed up in one post.
Sharing a couple of Twitter links …. Burn.

Unread 12-05-2023, 07:26 PM
Ethers

“ Should Ratcliffe succeed, he would take around 50 per cent of United, with the two Glazers holding around 25 per cent. It would see the Oldham-born petrochemicals magnate shell out around £2.5bn.

It would also give him the ability to inject funds that may have been used to take a bigger slice on infrastructure and squad strengthening”

Huge if true. Could be a massive summer warchest available

Unread 12-05-2023, 07:46 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“ Should Ratcliffe succeed, he would take around 50 per cent of United, with the two Glazers holding around 25 per cent. It would see the Oldham-born petrochemicals magnate shell out around £2.5bn.

It would also give him the ability to inject funds that may have been used to take a bigger slice on infrastructure and squad strengthening”

Huge if true. Could be a massive summer warchest available
Forgot to add, " Before the transfer window slams shut"

Unread 12-05-2023, 08:20 PM
MUFC One Love

The Glazers staying is going to be an issue for a lot of people.

Unread 12-05-2023, 08:24 PM
Ethers

The Swiss are a great bunch of lads tbf

Unread 12-05-2023, 08:26 PM
Harry Flashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The Glazers staying is going to be an issue for a lot of people.
This.

"BREAKING NEWS '
Non one know F all.

Unread 12-05-2023, 08:32 PM
Parlabane

Don’t think we have heard the last from Qatar and wouldn’t be surprised if they did come in with a mega bid - personally would prefer big Jim and the news tonight seems positive but can’t see Qatar just walking away at this point - either way just £#%&!ing get on with it !!!

Unread 12-05-2023, 08:53 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
https://twitter.com/UtdPlug/status/1...586210824?s=20

The Swiss are a great bunch of lads tbf
All bases covered.

Stunned people are pleased the Glazers are staying and we’ll be run by a 70 year-old Chelsea fan.

Unread 12-05-2023, 08:58 PM
tatty

If Ratcliffe does buy the club I'd be willing to bet United fans will be disillusioned within a couple of years.

Whether it's the views of Nice fans, the ongoing involvement of the Glazers or the Qatari's moving on to Liverpool...I don't believe it is going to end well.

Unread 12-05-2023, 09:01 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Don’t think we have heard the last from Qatar and wouldn’t be surprised if they did come in with a mega bid - personally would prefer big Jim and the news tonight seems positive but can’t see Qatar just walking away at this point - either way just £#%&!ing get on with it !!!
How comes you'd prefer Sir Jimmy to buy half the club, keep the Glazers, keep the shareholders, keep the debt, fund the bid with debt using the same banks who were bankrolling the super league and run the club like a business ?

I know half on here are trolling but wanting the above, over somebody buying the whole club, removing the Glazers and not seemingly caring about turning a profit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If Ratcliffe does buy the club I'd be willing to bet United fans will be disillusioned within a couple of years.

Whether it's the views of Nice fans, the ongoing involvement of the Glazers or the Qatari's moving on to Liverpool...I don't believe it is going to end well.
This is exactly what will happen. We're cursed, so was always going to get a shitty deal. This is hardly any better than a US bank pumping 3bil into the club allowing the Glazers to stay.

Unread 12-05-2023, 09:45 PM
Lodestar

Big Jim in league with rats who have stolen £1 billion from MUFC but on the ethical scoreboard that's better than Qatari ownership eh .All the talk about United's fans and putting Manchester back into the club. Bullshitter.

Unread 12-05-2023, 10:00 PM
NedKelly

Who’s playing Big Jim in the movie? Bill Nighy is my pick.

Unread 12-05-2023, 10:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Who’s playing Big Jim in the movie? Bill Nighy is my pick.