United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:23 PM
Sapien

Unfortunately this would be a meaningful win for them given their last couple of results.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Clownbones

They we're always gonna win today.

Brighton are shit.

They needed a tougher fixture.

They're only coming off the back of a defeat because they sacrificed that for today.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Big ask. I think we'll see our shortcomings surface again.

I'm confident we'll have a go though. Couldn't say that under Mou.

A point would be decent considering Arsenals form. Avoiding defeat should keep the confience up and keep us rolling along.
It is Chelsea we need to catch, and I expect them to win without too many problems today. Think we need to win.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:33 PM
dunk

Dodgy pen?

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:34 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dodgy pen?
Apparently not, nailed on.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:36 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban
Is a Salah pen now a mandatory part of any Scouse game? FFS.
Fourth since Christmas

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:37 PM
utd99

Brighton's defence. Dong, Duffy, Button and Dunk. Sounds like the £#%&!ing banana splits.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dodgy pen?
Not really, it was a bit soft but Salah was in the box just begging for any kind of contact and the brainless Brighton player obliged by stupidly coming in from behind and chopping at his standing leg. over he went.

This is exactly the type of win that will win you a title for Liverpool. Not been at their best but they're absolutely solid at the back, Brighton have created nothing and Liverpool have taken their chance. Just what the doctor ordered after a defeat.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:43 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Not really, it was a bit soft but Salah was in the box just begging for any kind of contact and the brainless Brighton player obliged by stupidly coming in from behind and chopping at his standing leg. over he went.

This is exactly the type of win that will win you a title for Liverpool. Not been at their best but they're absolutely solid at the back, Brighton have created nothing and Liverpool have taken their chance. Just what the doctor ordered after a defeat.
Yep.

They're tighter at the back than City and they are grinding out plenty of results like this these days. Gone at the days of them throwing away two goal leads to keep them at arms length from the top.

They won't drop a lot of points from here til May. City will need to be nigh on perfect from here.

Seven clear again and all the pressure back on city.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:43 PM
Sparky***

If this were United playing i'd thoroughly expect us to be punished for our slender lead by letting in a 93rd minute equaliser from a set piece. Liverpool have no such worries because Brighton can't even get into Liverpool's final 3rd.

Quote:
Yep.

They're tighter at the back than City and they are grinding out plenty of results like this these days. Gone at the days of them throwing away two goal leads to keep them at arms length from the top.

They won't drop a lot of points from here til May. City will need to be nigh on perfect from here.

Yep, unless they suffer some kind of injury crisis, they'll win the league quite comfortably I think.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
If this were United playing i'd thoroughly expect us to be punished for our slender lead by letting in a 93rd minute equaliser from a set piece. Liverpool have no such worries because Brighton can't even get into Liverpool's final 3rd.

Yep, unless they suffer some kind of injury crisis, they'll win the league quite comfortably I think.
Van Dijk is the difference. Pains me to say it, but that signing and adding a goalkeeper who isn't disabled has bridged that gap for them.

Horrible @#%&!s.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yep.

93rd minute

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:50 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
93rd minute

We shipped 3 to them in one half

Just needed Maguire though

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:50 PM
utd99

Quote:

Not so sure. City's squad is much deeper.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Van Dijk is the difference. Pains me to say it, but that signing and adding a goalkeeper who isn't disabled has bridged that gap for them.

Horrible @#%&!s.
Quote:
We shipped 3 to them in one half

Just needed Maguire though
Never been in doubt mate. Liverpool have basically just kept them at arms length as you should do with vastly inferior teams.

As I said before, were this us i'd fully expect us to be ruthlessly punished for not having a bigger lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
City are £#%&!ing shithouses, they'll drop more points than Liverpool.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:52 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It is, but their injuries hurt them. Missing De Bruyne and Silva over Christmas killed them

I think we'll be looking back in May at those 3 defeats in 4 and Liveprool winning the Scouse derby late on as pivotal.

Playing first helps too.

They've had that over City the last few weeks.

If City had played first and won, gap down to 1, albeit temporarily, it adds pressure all the time.

As it is, we're right back to where we were before the game that prompted many to suggest liverpool had £#%&!ed it.

Over to you City for a clumsy 1-1 draw tomorrow.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:57 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Never been in doubt mate. Liverpool have basically just kept them at arms length as you should do with vastly inferior teams.

As I said before, were this us i'd fully expect us to be ruthlessly punished for not having a bigger lead.

City are £#%&!ing shithouses, they'll drop more points than Liverpool.
.. Yeah getting over a hundred points last season was such a fluke, the scouse @#%&!s have been in this situation many times in the past and blew it, the same will happen this season, stop worring, you will give yourself a heart attack the way you go on...

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
It is, but their injuries hurt them. Missing De Bruyne and Silva over Christmas killed them

I think we'll be looking back in May at those 3 defeats in 4 and Liveprool winning the Scouse derby late on as pivotal.

Playing first helps too.

They've had that over City the last few weeks.

If City had played first and won, gap down to 1, albeit temporarily, it adds pressure all the time.

As it is, we're right back to where we were before the game that prompted many to suggest liverpool had £#%&!ed it.

Over to you City for a clumsy 1-1 draw tomorrow.
City are playing monday at home to wolves.

Unread 12-01-2019, 06:00 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
City are playing monday at home to wolves.
Monday then.

Jeez...

Unread 12-01-2019, 06:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
.. Yeah getting over a hundred points last season was such a fluke, the scouse @#%&!s have been in this situation many times in the past and blew it, the same will happen this season, stop worring, you will give yourself a heart attack the way you go on...
I seem to remember people saying such dismissive things 8 years ago when City were throwing money about. "It's city they'll find a way to £#%&! it all up"...

Why are you harking back to the past as if it means anything at all in the current scenario?

City won the league with 100 points last season..? So? that means nothing now. New season, and they're actually being challenged this time.

Liverpool blew a title challenge 5 years ago? Different team, different manager and they've never in the last 29 years looked anything like this solid and purposeful.

Liverpool are going to win the league, hang your £#%&!ing hat on it.
Closed Thread