United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-10-2017, 01:08 PM
lindelof

Always knew the big man would come good.

Start him on Saturday.

Unread 19-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof

Start him on Saturday.
You need one of them to come good, running out of usernames now after the twins and now big Linders...

Unread 19-10-2017, 01:16 PM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You need one of them to come good, running out of usernames now after the twins and now big Linders...

Unread 19-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Sweet FA

Lindelof has hardly been given a chance to shine , he will obviously make mistakes like all our defenders ,but he is accomplished with the ball , i think he will be 1st choice before end of season .

Unread 19-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet FA
Lindelof has hardly been given a chance to shine , he will obviously make mistakes like all our defenders ,but he is accomplished with the ball , i think he will be 1st choice before end of season .
It is certainly possible given the injury history of this group. On form though he is clearly 4th choice. Smalling has played well this season, though it would be like pulling teeth to get some to admit it.

Would not expect much from Rojo when he returns, could be next season before he is back to his best and really 6 months of good form in 3 years is not enough credit for him to walk into the team.

Unread 19-10-2017, 07:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Rafabio, I presume?

Unread 19-10-2017, 08:49 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It is certainly possible given the injury history of this group. On form though he is clearly 4th choice. Smalling has played well this season, though it would be like pulling teeth to get some to admit it.

Would not expect much from Rojo when he returns, could be next season before he is back to his best and really 6 months of good form in 3 years is not enough credit for him to walk into the team.
Smalling is a decent defender aside from his annoying habit of pulling shirts in the area all the time but he offers nothing on the ball. None of them are particularly good in possession, though Lindelof was hyped as being so. Bailly is probably best but even he isn’t brilliant.

Unread 19-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Smalling is a decent defender aside from his annoying habit of pulling shirts in the area all the time but he offers nothing on the ball. None of them are particularly good in possession, though Lindelof was hyped as being so. Bailly is probably best but even he isn’t brilliant.
Jones, Bailly and Lindelof are all good on the ball. 90% of most defenders passes will just be the safe option. Rojo is erratic, picks out some great ones but also gives the ball away a lot.

Under a manager like Pep Smalling would be gone but ball playing ability is not going to be an instant priority with Mourinho. He is not obsessed with controlling the ball, is often happy to sit and counter, for that he wants solid box defenders. Despite his flaws Smalling is one of the better exponents of that in the league.

The shirt pulling thing is something that I hear or read a lot about, but when has this hurt Utd? Can not recall him giving away penalties or free kicks in bad areas because of it, might bother me then.

Unread 19-10-2017, 10:41 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

The shirt pulling thing is something that I hear or read a lot about, but when has this hurt Utd? Can not recall him giving away penalties or free kicks in bad areas because of it, might bother me then.
I agree that he's not been penalised very often but you can see him doing it all the time from corners. It's an unnecessary risk.

Unread 19-10-2017, 11:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Don't forget his periodic brainfarts.

Unread 19-10-2017, 11:20 PM
AK14

Didn't Smalling give away a couple of penalties for shirt pulling in one game (possibly Newcastle?) under LvG?

The bloke is a liability and should be sold.

Unread 20-10-2017, 05:52 AM
Denis Irwell

Only one I remember was Vidic At Portsmouth

Unread 21-10-2017, 03:35 PM
20 times

Unread 21-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Cream

Unread 21-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Sell the @#%&!.

Unread 21-10-2017, 03:37 PM
tatty

Slightly disappointing so far.

Unread 21-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Pop

Quote:

Start him on Saturday.
Go home you @#%&!.

Unread 21-10-2017, 03:40 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Abysmal thread.

Unread 21-10-2017, 03:42 PM
saffers

Still behind the boy!

Unread 21-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Tronics

we can't seem to find a ready made world CB can we?

of all the CB's we've bought post SAF Bailly has looked the most "accomplished" and even he has his rash moments.

there's a good defender there in Lindelhof, but £#%&!ing hell he's taking his time showing us
Closed Thread