United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 10-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Zorg

Default 20 years ago tonight

Eric's touch for that first goal

Must have told this before, but Curly Watts was sat near us that night. After (I think) the 4th goal went in, he stood up and flung his programme to the floor, shouting 'I'm £#%&!ing sick of this!' before storming out to massive cheers

Unread 10-11-2014, 08:57 PM
chooch

1, 2, 1 23 , 1,2 ,3 ,4 , 5 NIL

Unread 10-11-2014, 08:57 PM
dunk

Good times

Was there that night. School was ace the next day, the 4 or 5 blues got so much shit

Unread 10-11-2014, 09:26 PM
ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Manchester Utd 5 vs Manchester City 0 Premier League 1994/95 Show de Eric Cantona FUTBOL RETRO - YouTube

Must have told this before, but Curly Watts was sat near us that night. After (I think) the 4th goal went in, he stood up and flung his programme to the floor, shouting 'I'm £#%&!ing sick of this!' before storming out to massive cheers
I may have seen that , was it scoreboard lower?

Top night, yhgr

Unread 10-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Sparky***

Seems like at eternity ago now that.

Unread 10-11-2014, 09:57 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Seems like at eternity ago now that.
And we haven't given them a good hiding since then :shakehead:

Unread 10-11-2014, 10:08 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Always thought he supported County

Unread 10-11-2014, 10:13 PM
75Red

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zorg again"

Unread 10-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Always thought he supported County
Yep, me too. They've got Curly Watts as a celebrity fan cos Stockport are a massive club always sticks in my head

Unread 10-11-2014, 10:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

the opener from eric and andrei's beaming smile

oddly enough one of the things I remember most about that night is the TV coverage of paul ince spinning the ball on his £#%&!ing finger like a @#%&!

and brian horton slagging off his goalkeeper in the post-match interview live on TV

Unread 10-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

oddly enough one of the things I remember most about that night is the TV coverage of paul ince spinning the ball on his £#%&!ing finger like a @#%&!

and brian horton slagging off his goalkeeper in the post-match interview live on TV
The main thing I remember was it was a Thursday £#%&!ing night for some reason.

Unread 10-11-2014, 10:29 PM
92ToBury

Sparky just stroking it nonchalantly into the corner of the net for the fourth was fantastic. Then the hat-trick from Andrei finally had the local berts shut up about the 5-1 at Maine Road.

Unread 10-11-2014, 10:54 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
The main thing I remember was it was a Thursday £#%&!ing night for some reason.
I´m confused too. Did a search to find the answer - nothing doing.

Anyone know the reason?

Unread 10-11-2014, 10:57 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

same here

Unread 10-11-2014, 10:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Sparky just stroking it nonchalantly into the corner of the net for the fourth was fantastic. Then the hat-trick from Andrei finally had the local berts shut up about the 5-1 at Maine Road.
That finish was awesome

Good contender for worst hat trick ever btw. Deflection and two tap ins after missing one v ones

Unread 10-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
And now we'll never get to shut them up about the 6-1.

Unread 10-11-2014, 11:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
And now we'll never get to shut them up about the 6-1.
Pisses me off tbh. We've been £#%&!ing ace for damn near all of the 20 years since then and have never got close to giving them another shoeing like that, in that time even whilst they have been utter £#%&! they've beaten us 3's, 4's and the 6

Unread 10-11-2014, 11:03 PM
My Name is Keith

Can remember going bananas when the 5th went in - and the crowd making that shrillmad sound that's made when something amazing just happens.

That was the thing about United sides back then - at the back of my mind I was thinking, that can't put 5 past them to shut the Bert's up surely? That would be just too sweet.

And then they did.

Demolition derby.

Unread 10-11-2014, 11:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
And we haven't given them a good hiding since then :shakehead:
Beat them ridiculously easy at their place later that season - 3-0 and could easily have been more.

But since then, even when we have outplayed them they somehow managed to keep the score down. Sick of it, tbh

Unread 10-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pisses me off tbh. We've been £#%&!ing ace for damn near all of the 20 years since then and have never got close to giving them another shoeing like that, in that time even whilst they have been utter £#%&! they've beaten us 3's, 4's and the 6
It's was the perfect storm for them at Old Trafford that day. Us going down to 10 men and then committing absolute tactical suicide by still chasing the game at 3-1 down. The 3 breakaway goals they scored afterwards were total amateur hour stuff. Absolutely £#%&!ing moronic tactics from us.

I doubt in our lifetime we'll ever see a City team again who are so poor that we can thrash them like that.

The sad thing is that when we hammered them 5-0 they were absolutely shite hanging around the bottom of the league and we were the best team in the country by a mile. That's how big the gap had to be for us to give them a battering. Whereas they've battered us a fair few times in recent seasons when we've had very good teams with top players of Champions league experience. It honestly makes you shake your head in dismay.