United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-01-2019, 09:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
"Never has a team so shellshocked, utterly wide-eyed and fearful as today’s Manchester United taken three points from Spurs..."

Article goes downhill from there: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8726166.html
'£#%&! are these people watching?

Unread 14-01-2019, 09:42 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
"Never has a team so shellshocked, utterly wide-eyed and fearful as today’s Manchester United taken three points from Spurs..."

Article goes downhill from there: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8726166.html
jesus £#%&!ing christ

Unread 14-01-2019, 09:50 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think they had seven or eight shots on target from inside ten yards alone.
And they couldn’t finish. They weren’t good enough. Would it have been luck for spurs if lloris saved rashford’s goal? Was he lucky saving our various other efforts on goal?

Unread 14-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

"Utterly wide-eyed and fearful"

What a @#%&!.

Unread 14-01-2019, 10:53 PM
Switching Off

Confirmed gimp

Take a look at Tom Kershaw (@trlkershaw): https://twitter.com/trlkershaw?s=09

Unread 14-01-2019, 11:20 PM
Stickman

To echo what’s been said already I’d have been surprised if De Gea had let any of those in, they were all pretty routine for him.

I don’t think the win was in any way lucky, more a case of Spurs lacking a cutting edge, which we never call unlucky when it’s us by the way!

Unread 14-01-2019, 11:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
To echo what’s been said already I’d have been surprised if De Gea had let any of those in, they were all pretty routine for him.

I don’t think the win was in any way lucky, more a case of Spurs lacking a cutting edge, which we never call unlucky when it’s us by the way!
Deffo fair for people to mention that it's no coincidence so many shots go at him as his positioning is perfect. And perhaps Lloris was a step wide for our goal. Goalkeepers getting their angles right is probably something that we don't always appreciate.

Unread 14-01-2019, 11:58 PM
sa7

Quote:

What little pecker wrote that bitter pile of shite?

Unread 15-01-2019, 12:00 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

Quote:
After Kane’s first-half goal was ruled offside by a rabbit’s snout, one-on-ones were deflected away by flying toes, Eriksen’s free-kick narrowly evaded the post, right up until De Gea’s exceptional cross-footed save from Alderweireld’s flicked volley. The drumming metronome of chances were relentless, yet the subconscious blockade somehow stopping Spurs from sticking the knife stood impervious.
jesus what utter %@#$&!s - written by a spurs fan.

Unread 15-01-2019, 12:05 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
jesus what utter %@#$&!s - written by a spurs fan.
actually he's from Hull I think. Either way it's a load of old shite. Having to defend away from home against a very good side is hardly "wide-eyed and fearful"...

We'll see who's wide-eyed and fearful next Thursday when Spurs play away to see if they can get to their first cup final since £#%&! knows when.

Unread 15-01-2019, 12:09 AM
suedeshoes

The (social) media is peddling this 'Spurs had 20 shots' routine because they don't want to admit that we played well. They're desperate for a different narrative to 'United are getting good again'. The world loves our failings and hates the idea of us getting back on our £#%&!ing perch.

Unread 15-01-2019, 12:11 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
The (social) media is peddling this 'Spurs had 20 shots' routine because they don't want to admit that we played well. They're desperate for a different narrative to 'United are getting good again'. The world loves our failings and hates the idea of us getting back on our £#%&!ing perch.
Final Score: United 0 Spurs 3

Shots on goal mean £#%&! all unless they actually go in.

Unread 15-01-2019, 12:38 AM
armchair

i love a spicy away smash and grab.

poch did mention the 0-3 and say we were better than them in that match in his post match comments tbf.

he's a class act.

Unread 15-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Deffo fair for people to mention that it's no coincidence so many shots go at him as his positioning is perfect. And perhaps Lloris was a step wide for our goal. Goalkeepers getting their angles right is probably something that we don't always appreciate.
I thought Lloris should have saved it tbh. If you watch the replay from behind his goal he was very high when Pogba played the pass and had to run back to get into position, I think his baring's were a little off.

Unread 15-01-2019, 08:11 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Final Score: United 0 Spurs 3

Shots on goal mean £#%&! all unless they actually go in.
Yep. Mou was roundly mocked in the press for saying we were the better team that day, exactly what the press are doing now.

As Sueders says, the truth is unpalatable to them so they need a different narrative.

Unread 15-01-2019, 08:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
the truth is unpalatable to them so they need a different narrative.
Ooooooo someone's had a big spoonful of dictionary on their cornflakes ....

Unread 15-01-2019, 08:44 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Ooooooo someone's had a big spoonful of dictionary on their cornflakes ....
Indubitably

Unread 15-01-2019, 10:46 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I thought Lloris should have saved it tbh. If you watch the replay from behind his goal he was very high when Pogba played the pass and had to run back to get into position, I think his baring's were a little off.
Well that's more about the quality of the pass from Pogba and Rashford's pace and movement than any mistake from Lloris.

We did good football.