United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2019, 09:51 PM
ZiggyStardust

He’s getting better and better
Watched him carefully today when he got isolated with Kane and he didn’t give Kane a sniff each and every time unlike that bumbling idiot Jones who Kane had on a end of a string all match

The improvement to this time last season is incredible

Happy to say we only need to find a commanding CB to play alongside him rather than needing two new first choice CBs

Unread 13-01-2019, 10:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He’s getting better and better
Watched him carefully today when he got isolated with Kane and he didn’t give Kane a sniff each and every time unlike that bumbling idiot Jones who Kane had on a end of a string all match

The improvement to this time last season is incredible

Happy to say we only need to find a commanding CB to play alongside him rather than needing two new first choice CBs
Agreed. Top quality CB - one that can organise a defence and win headers- and LB seem to be the priority now. Shaw I just don’t think is good enough.

Unread 13-01-2019, 10:22 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Agreed. Top quality CB - one that can organise a defence and win headers- and LB seem to be the priority now. Shaw I just don’t think is good enough.
Thought Shaw was good today
He’s not really making many overlaps or surging runs he did so well at Southampton but I thought his passing usually with the outside of the foot was very impressive
Didn’t think he was that good technically

Unread 13-01-2019, 11:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Brilliant.

Unread 13-01-2019, 11:42 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Brilliant.
Big Linders

Really stepped up this season tbf to him. Never thought he’d make it after his first dozen or so games, madness what giving a player a bit of time does

Unread 13-01-2019, 11:46 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yeah I’m not convinced with shaw tbh, good enough to be a part of the squad but I don’t think he’s good enough to be starting week in and week out if we want to get back to challenging for leagues.

Unread 13-01-2019, 11:46 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Big Linders

Really stepped up this season tbf to him. Never thought he’d make it after his first dozen or so games, madness what giving a player a bit of time does
Vidic & Evra had poor starts for United.

Unread 13-01-2019, 11:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Big Linders

Very true. A reminder that our club is special and players need time to adjust.

Seems to have everything at the moment. Can play, shows aggression and at times demonstrates leadership and personality. I saw him in Portugal and wasn’t convinced and tbf there’s a long way to go, but loved what we saw today. Could be a gem.

Unread 13-01-2019, 11:48 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Vidic & Evra had poor starts for United.
They did Al.

Unread 14-01-2019, 12:05 AM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
I recall a couple of other defenders we signed a few years ago having shocking first seasons

patience

#KneeJerkReds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Takes time for some players to adapt to this league; folk expect them to be players like Vidic's/Evra's after a few games

XBox/PS Reds panicking far to soon

Like I said, patience

Unread 14-01-2019, 12:15 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
sage

Unread 25-01-2019, 10:57 PM
AK14

Think he could be rather good you know

Unread 25-01-2019, 11:31 PM
ZiggyStardust

The bedrock of our defense
Just need to build the rest of the defense around him

What a transformation from this time last year

Unread 25-01-2019, 11:34 PM
sa7

Excellent again.

Kept big Eric on a leash as well.

Leader of men

Unread 25-01-2019, 11:58 PM
AK14

Unread 25-01-2019, 11:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Think he could be rather good you know

Growing into it. Lovely on the ball, tough, snappy in the tackle like him a lot.

They all struggle with balls from wide though..

Unread 26-01-2019, 12:00 AM
BarryX

Got a great pass on him. Definitely looks to be growing into the role

Unread 26-01-2019, 12:10 AM
atticusgrinch

From Laurel & Hardy to Riggs & Murtaugh.

Unread 26-01-2019, 12:11 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
What a transformation from this time last year
That performance against Huddersfield - I've said this before, but was it actually the same player?

Unread 28-01-2019, 01:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That performance against Huddersfield - I've said this before, but was it actually the same player?
He was unlucky that day. On as a sub after an early injury, in one of those damned early kickoffs that are always shit, not really ideal circumstances to make your way into a team, least of all one managed by that @#%&!.

We saw at the World Cup he was decent.
Closed Thread