United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2019, 06:41 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Jesseh is going to sort him out
Bet he has a right snide streak. Ball pinching and biting.

Unread 08-07-2019, 06:56 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I dunno if the cancer talk is over the top. I suspect it is although Mourinho would feel different.

To me Pogba just seems an overgrown child. He wants to do well but he lacks discipline, in various ways, and his head goes when things are against us. He’s the best player but probably the worst leader. Everyone’s game has stalled at United. We need the right personalities this summer to bring the best out of them. We need leaders. So far, we have signed kids from Palace and Swansea. I don’t see it getting much better as it stands.
Maybe a bit ott but I can’t remember that many players whose agent has publicly angled for moves like pogba’s has. A lot of it might be bullshit but it’s rarely denied. Pogba presumably allows/encourages it to happen and it’s hugely disrupting to a new management team trying to turn this sack of shit around.

Don’t disagree re this coming season - as it stands, it’s going to be horrific.

Thought we’d have done far more business than we have. Will only take a few decent encouraging signings to change the mood though. And a few to leave - there’s quite a few I’d shift before pogba but all the same, he’s massively disappointing in every respect.

Based on everything we’ve seen and heard, the club will be quite a bit better off without him.

Unread 08-07-2019, 07:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Maybe a bit ott but I can’t remember that many players whose agent has publicly angled for moves like pogba’s has. A lot of it might be bullshit but it’s rarely denied. Pogba presumably allows/encourages it to happen and it’s hugely disrupting to a new management team trying to turn this sack of shit around.

Don’t disagree re this coming season - as it stands, it’s going to be horrific.

Thought we’d have done far more business than we have. Will only take a few decent encouraging signings to change the mood though. And a few to leave - there’s quite a few I’d shift before pogba but all the same, he’s massively disappointing in every respect.

Based on everything we’ve seen and heard, the club will be quite a bit better off without him.
I think this is where we have to trust Ole's judgement. He may not prove to be a great manager but I reckon he'll have a good idea of the dressing room culture and the impact players are having. If he thinks Pogba is misunderstood or if he thinks he's poison, I'd go along with whatever he thinks. Of course by this point even if he wants to keep him it may be a losing battle. Surely the club would hate to sell.

Unread 08-07-2019, 07:12 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
I think this is where we have to trust Ole's judgement. He may not prove to be a great manager but I reckon he'll have a good idea of the dressing room culture and the impact players are having. If he thinks Pogba is misunderstood or if he thinks he's poison, I'd go along with whatever he thinks. Of course by this point even if he wants to keep him it may be a losing battle. Surely the club would hate to sell.
Totally. Think the club will be desperate to keep him - him leaving is a damaging outcome for a club still pretending its one of the biggest around.

And if ole wants him then fine although I’m not entirely sure why he would. Irrespective, it’s pretty clear he wants out.

Unread 08-07-2019, 07:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Totally. Think the club will be desperate to keep him - him leaving is a damaging outcome for a club still pretending its one of the biggest around.

And if ole wants him then fine although I’m not entirely sure why he would. Irrespective, it’s pretty clear he wants out.
Also we want to avoid being pushed about by Real or Juve. Pogba is a huge name. If they want him so badly, pay a proper price.

You just know United will sell him in the last week of the window and botch the replacement.

Unread 08-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Also we want to avoid being pushed about by Real or Juve. Pogba is a huge name. If they want him so badly, pay a proper price.

You just know United will sell him in the last week of the window and botch the replacement.
Which is exactly what happened with De Gea in 2015. We knew his contract was up, we knew Madrid were interested in him, instead of giving them a cut-off date to make a bid for him and avoid unsettling our best player for the summer we decided to accept a cut-price bid with a day to go in the transfer window and accept their cast-off in return. At least we replaced the clown in charge during that entire epi...oh

Unread 08-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Brucie

Unread 08-07-2019, 07:44 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Which is exactly what happened with De Gea in 2015. We knew his contract was up, we knew Madrid were interested in him, instead of giving them a cut-off date to make a bid for him and avoid unsettling our best player for the summer we decided to accept a cut-price bid with a day to go in the transfer window and accept their cast-off in return. At least we replaced the clown in charge during that entire epi...oh
We had that fax machine serviced in the interim?

Unread 08-07-2019, 09:53 PM
AK14

Captain Linders breaking them up...

Should have just let them go at it tbh, pair of @#%&!s

Surprised that wasn’t edited out though.

Unread 08-07-2019, 09:58 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Pogba will move and turn in to a world-beater again.
Again?

Unread 08-07-2019, 10:05 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 08-07-2019, 10:10 PM
jem

Quote:
him leaving is a damaging outcome for a club still pretending its one of the biggest around.
not so sure about that. makes him look like a dick that he still doesn't get united after two spells here.

Unread 08-07-2019, 10:20 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Surprised?
After the last 6 years, you're surprised?

Unread 08-07-2019, 10:24 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

left in deliberately.

Unread 08-07-2019, 10:24 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
left in deliberately.
Exactly. He's offskis.

Unread 08-07-2019, 10:30 PM
armchair

I like the way we made him go on tour and we're not accepting any of their 12p plus [player we want rid of anyway] nonsense.

You need 120 mil to even start talking.

They are such disingenuous #@&%!s. no we don't want bale or dybala. we want money.

Unread 08-07-2019, 10:34 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Exactly. He's offskis.
"you're not going to lose your job; you're not going to lose your job...you're not going to lose your job"

Unread 08-07-2019, 10:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I like the way we made him go on tour and we're not accepting any of their 12p plus [player we want rid of anyway] nonsense.

You need 120 mil to even start talking.

They are such disingenuous #@&%!s. no we don't want bale or dybala. we want money.
Our owners want money. So they won't actually have spent anything come august and in fact will have made a nice profit.

Unread 08-07-2019, 10:43 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Our owners want money. So they won't actually have spent anything come august and in fact will have made a nice profit.
They'll happily take a decent part exchange so Ole gets a player and the money covers others. Absolute parasites they are.

Unread 08-07-2019, 10:44 PM
Buck

Quote:

Lingard: beans beans beans
Pogba: i can't have another year with this #@&%!
Closed Thread