United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2019, 04:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Not sure if aimed at me but as I said, he’s done a great job of getting spurs to a cl final. But if you’d have said that you would be playing Liverpool in the final at the start of the season then spurs would have taken that all day long and would expect to have had a very decent chance.

So the context for my criticism isn’t making the final, it’s the final itself. (It’s the same when you get yourself within a couple of points off Leicester at the top of the league in Feb but then take something like less than 10 points from a possible 30 in your remaining matches.

Starting Kane was a mistake in my view. As was the way his players were prepared. Spurs were very disappointing against a side they should have impressed against more.

I think that’s fair criticism.
I agree they were disappointing tonight. I think they’ll kick themselves for years. They got to the final and they didn’t show up. Albeit neither team did; both looked shattered. But as far as assessments of Poch, they did get to the final. They showed up against Barca, Dortmund, City and Ajax. We can’t just wait for the one they fall at and use it as the definition of them as a team or him as a manager.

Overall they are a world away from the Spurs we used to know. Without spending money. To me it seems Pochettino is the main reason for that. I’d have him at United without a second thought.

Unread 02-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Clownbones

Liverpool are better, more experienced and were always likely to comfortably win last night.

That should take nothing away from Spurs run.

They shouldn't be anywhere near CL finals or comfortably making top four each year while United, Chelsea and Arsenal slug it beneath.

They are punching above their weight every year. We're used to it now so it loses its appeal, but this only distracts from what a brilliant job Poch has done.

Unread 02-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Switching Off

Not sure whether the Kane/Moura thing is a big enough stick to beat him with. But I remember Fergie at half time in 99 saying something along the lines of "dont you dare come back in here without giving your all". That's what Spurs did last night and they'll regret it for the rest of their lives. They didn't get blitzed, they didn't come up against Barca 2010ish, they came up against a good side who weren't at their best and didn't have to get out of 2nd gear to win 2-0. For me that's unacceptable. Leave it all out on the pitch.

Unread 02-06-2019, 10:50 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not sure whether the Kane/Moura thing is a big enough stick to beat him with. But I remember Fergie at half time in 99 saying something along the lines of "dont you dare come back in here without giving your all". That's what Spurs did last night and they'll regret it for the rest of their lives. They didn't get blitzed, they didn't come up against Barca 2010ish, they came up against a good side who weren't at their best and didn't have to get out of 2nd gear to win 2-0. For me that's unacceptable. Leave it all out on the pitch.
It's for this reason that taking Winks off was stupid. No where near their best player and yet he was the only one who seemed to be giving that extra 10% on the pitch. Once you go1-0 down the impetus is on you to come back hard, Liverpool were loving life last night against a Spurs team that were passing more laboriously than us under Mourinho.

Unread 02-06-2019, 11:08 AM
TheFatGoth

Fergie played Park in a CL final cos he felt sorry for him

Unread 02-06-2019, 01:13 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Didn’t watch the game but that sounds about right.

Wasn’t it no shots on goal until 70m or so? That’s £#%&!ing shit against a tired Liverpool team.

Unread 02-06-2019, 03:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Did he %@#$&!s, he thought he might do a job in the circumstances - something that he got wrong. He wasn't infallible.

If you want to criticise his decision to have Owen and not Berbs on the bench in 2011 is a much more obvious one - and which far more suggests an agenda.

Unread 02-06-2019, 03:53 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Park was better than any of the shite Spurs midfield last night you £#%&!ing weapon

no surprise to see Pudding Face lose again when the heat was on

that Tottenham side are the worst to reach a CL Final since the Dippers in 2005 or Monaco the year before

they only got out of the group because Inter Milan couldn't beat a PSV side in Italy who had £#%&! all to play for, the Inter manager should have been sacked for that ...an utter holocaust of a result

Yes they did well to beat Ajax and City (just) but they should have been nowhere near the final, and starting Kane ahead of the guy whose hat-trick got them to the final just sums Pudding Face up......still I hope their fans enjoyed their big night out in Madrid because they won't be getting back to a CL Final any time soon

Unread 02-06-2019, 03:58 PM
ScarFace

It's £#%&!ing spurs. What did anybody expect? Theyve lost about ten times in the last few months.

Unread 02-06-2019, 03:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
It's £#%&!ing spurs. What did anybody expect? Theyve lost about ten times in the last few months.
yeah but Poch though

Unread 02-06-2019, 04:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
yeah but Poch though
Wake me up when he has actually won something?

Ta.

Unread 02-06-2019, 05:10 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Wake me up when he has actually won something?

Ta.

Brutal. It's the question mark that does it

Unread 28-06-2019, 01:15 PM
ScarFace

Unread 30-07-2019, 10:11 PM
dunk

Unread 30-07-2019, 10:54 PM
Cream

He's no different to Mourinho.

Not that I blame him.

Unread 31-07-2019, 08:59 AM
windy waffles

Already putting the wheels in motion to take over from Ole I see...

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Parlabane

Nah - He'll be off to Madrid in a few months once Zidane gets the bullet

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:04 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Nah - He'll be off to Madrid in a few months once Zidane gets the bullet
Or this...

Unread 31-07-2019, 11:49 AM
dunk

Dicks

Unread 31-07-2019, 11:51 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Quote:
Mauricio Pochettino says he is "not in charge" of transfers at Tottenham and believes his job title should be changed from manager to coach.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49175446
Closed Thread