Unread 01-06-2019, 10:04 PM
red in cumbria

Nope, he is not for us.

Unread 01-06-2019, 10:06 PM
andyroo

One £#%&!ing job he had. @#%&!.

Unread 01-06-2019, 10:21 PM
TheFatGoth

I mean he might well be a bottle job but we hired a guy who's scared to park his car in a certain space.

Unread 01-06-2019, 10:22 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
I mean he might well be a bottle job but we hired a guy who's scared to park his car in a certain space.

Unread 01-06-2019, 10:41 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

Unread 01-06-2019, 10:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Remember that OGS was a Vermin supporter originally, which makes it easier to understand why he thought saying that would go down well with the fans.

Unread 01-06-2019, 10:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Don’t think that selection had much impact. Nobody really showed up. Only thing Lucas did after coming on was miss a good chance. Plus he’d scored in three matches in 2019. Hindsight decisions are easy.

Unread 01-06-2019, 11:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

Shouldn’t have started Kane
Poch would have known that the starting 11 with the best chance of beating Liverpool was one without a clearly not match fit Kane
Didn’t want to upset his biggest star Kane....thought Poch had bigger balls than that

Done a great job at Spurs but ultimately when push comes to shove his Spurs team generally find a way to lose and usually pretty tamely

I’m a big fan of Poch but it’s not a good look

Unread 01-06-2019, 11:22 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Remember that OGS was a Vermin supporter originally, which makes it easier to understand why he thought saying that would go down well with the fans.
What utter crap

Unread 01-06-2019, 11:24 PM
armchair

i'm against black shirt, black tie.

Unread 01-06-2019, 11:26 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Shouldn’t have started Kane
Poch would have known that the starting 11 with the best chance of beating Liverpool was one without a clearly not match fit Kane
The logical choice was to have Kane as a sub to send on in the last 20 minutes.

Unread 01-06-2019, 11:35 PM
armchair

have to say, danny rose is a tremendous player. good call from mou.

Unread 02-06-2019, 12:03 AM
My Name is Keith

Very impressed that he got that spurs team to a final but it means very little in the grand scheme of things.

Him staring with Kane was a shithouse poor decision and he failed to stop the rest of them being blinded by the light.

A very decent manager but has a huge slab of meh hanging from his shoulders. Had the chance to write his own history and £#%&!ed it. As his side did when Leicester won the league. Won’t get another chance with spuds.

Unread 02-06-2019, 01:49 AM
ScarFace

Ponce will leave now imo. He knows the can't do better with shitty spurs tight shmeckle allowance

Unread 02-06-2019, 02:45 AM
Stickman

So there’s a load of doubt about him now.

SAF would have played Rooney in the same circumstances and he’s generally considered the greatest ever.

Seems some are just mad with him not getting it done, against the favourites.

Unread 02-06-2019, 03:23 AM
S/Side.Red

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
So there’s a load of doubt about him now.

SAF would have played Rooney in the same circumstances and he’s generally considered the greatest ever.

Seems some are just mad with him not getting it done, against the favourites.
Yep. If he’d played Lucas other people would be criticising him for not going with Kane.

The fact the guy is getting stick for not winning the Champions League with Spurs says a lot about the job he’s done. Guy has Sissoko and Harry Winks in midfield but not winning the European Cup is a damning indictment of his management

Glad we don’t need him tbh...

Unread 02-06-2019, 03:37 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep. If he’d played Lucas other people would be criticising him for not going with Kane.

The fact the guy is getting stick for not winning the Champions League with Spurs says a lot about the job he’s done. Guy has Sissoko and Harry Winks in midfield but not winning the European Cup is a damning indictment of his management

It’s unreal. Expect a bit more balance on here.

Unread 02-06-2019, 04:02 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Not sure if aimed at me but as I said, he’s done a great job of getting spurs to a cl final. But if you’d have said that you would be playing Liverpool in the final at the start of the season then spurs would have taken that all day long and would expect to have had a very decent chance.

So the context for my criticism isn’t making the final, it’s the final itself. (It’s the same when you get yourself within a couple of points off Leicester at the top of the league in Feb but then take something like less than 10 points from a possible 30 in your remaining matches.

Starting Kane was a mistake in my view. As was the way his players were prepared. Spurs were very disappointing against a side they should have impressed against more.

I think that’s fair criticism.

Unread 02-06-2019, 04:11 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Not sure if aimed at me but as I said, he’s done a great job of getting spurs to a cl final. But if you’d have said that you would be playing Liverpool in the final at the start of the season then spurs would have taken that all day long and would expect to have had a very decent chance.

So the context for my criticism isn’t making the final, it’s the final itself. (It’s the same when you get yourself within a couple of points off Leicester at the top of the league in Feb but then take something like less than 10 points from a possible 30 in your remaining matches.

Starting Kane was a mistake in my view. As was the way his players were prepared. Spurs were very disappointing against a side they should have impressed against more.

I think that’s fair criticism.
That is balanced Keith. It is also highly possible his players just didn’t show up, a bit like ours for the majority of the 99 final. Cup finals can be a bit more mysterious than your usual game.
Closed Thread