United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-02-2018, 12:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Have obviously gone too far if you’re telling me to cheer up.

Have just done a quick treadmill run. Feel better tbh. Still pretty seething though.
Embrace the seethe. It's the only way to see the pile of @#%&! soup that is United properly at the moment.

I'm just generally ahead of the curve, hence I've been seething for about 6 years, off and on.

Unread 02-02-2018, 12:06 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm just generally ahead of the curve
wind it in you sagey #@&%!

Unread 02-02-2018, 12:11 PM
jem

Quote:
I'm just generally ahead of the curve, hence I've been seething for about 6 years, off and on.
jcl seethe.

Unread 02-02-2018, 12:16 PM
hopkins

for me, 2 men in midfield aside, either the players aren't being coached properly, or they're too thick/lazy to follow instructions

it's the annual whiff of tools downed again

Unread 02-02-2018, 12:21 PM
My Name is Keith

Think most people know where we’re at. Can remember being a bit of a lone wolf bemoaning the squad fergie left at the time. We’ve still got fergie’s clowns at the back ffs.

Just painful when we’re reminded how average we actually are.

Now into our 5th year of being very £#%&!ing average.

A club whose marketing message is disproportionately greater than its ability.

Might need another run

Unread 02-02-2018, 12:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Think most people know where we’re at. Can remember being a bit of a lone wolf bemoaning the squad fergie left at the time. We’ve still got fergie’s clowns at the back ffs.

Just painful when we’re reminded how average we actually are.

Now into our 5th year of being very £#%&!ing average.

A club whose marketing message is disproportionately greater than its ability.

Might need another run

It's been £#%&!ing ages since I consistently looked forward to watching United play, yet still I tune in or turn up to just about every match I can There are players still here I was screaming at Fergie to get rid of in 2012, and players I was determined we shouldn't sign been and gone, and some still £#%&!ing here all the while the divs up the road have been snapping up players we should've been all over and gradually improving while we basically stand still in a ridiculously expensive manner. It's £#%&!ing shit tbh.

Unread 02-02-2018, 12:38 PM
hopkins

top 4, keep the sponsors rolling in
that's the business plan

spending silly money to challenge for the title and champions league ain't gonna happen, so get used to what we got

Unread 02-02-2018, 12:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
that's the business plan

spending silly money to challenge for the title and champions league ain't gonna happen, so get used to what we got
Just ambling along, hoping and waiting for City's bubble to burst is our future. Has been since 2009.

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:19 PM
sa7

Quote:
#Realtalk.
#meanteveryword
#theycan£#%&!off

Huddersfield tomorrow - can’t wait. Probably play well and beat them easily and the dab masters will strut off at the end thinking they’re the dogs %@#$&!s again. The crowd smiling and laughing. Utfr and all that. Not me I’ll be there stoney faced desperate to boo the showers of @#%&!s off. Utter £#%&!ing failures.

Realise I may have this slightly out of proportion by the way

You're dead right btw

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:44 PM
jem

Quote:
just ambling along, hoping and waiting for city's bubble to burst is our future. Has been since 2009.

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:47 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
that's the business plan

We have spent a lot of money though.

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:48 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

I mean

Unread 02-02-2018, 02:42 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Quality finish by Jones though.
Had flashbacks to a superb bullet header own goal I scored many years ago. Absolutely unstoppable.

Unread 02-02-2018, 02:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Nah, did alright summer 2006 to summer 2009 tbf.

Started going downhill with Berbs and the refusal to buy midfielders/a proper striker.

Unread 02-02-2018, 03:02 PM
jem

Quote:
Nah, did alright summer 2006 to summer 2009 tbf.

Started going downhill with Berbs and the refusal to buy midfielders/a proper striker.
yes, but it was our future since 2005.

Unread 02-02-2018, 03:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yes, but it was our future since 2005.
It didn't have to be this way regardless of the owners imo.

Unread 02-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
It didn't have to be this way regardless of the owners imo.
It did, as soon as they became the owners.....

Unread 02-02-2018, 03:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It did, as soon as they became the owners.....
It didn't, we've spent shitloads, but badly. Mainly due to complacency and lack of foresight.

Unread 02-02-2018, 03:46 PM
jem

Quote:
It didn't, we've spent shitloads, but badly. Mainly due to complacency and lack of foresight.
but we could have spent more. badly. :0)

to be fair, there are very few top quality players and being 90% up for it in the market isn't enough. we've had a couple of big splash signings, but for the most part we haven't been buying top tier. sure, the choices of manager, by manager and style of play haven't helped, but the fact remains that we are hampered by debt service and an inability to spend what we earn. and the glazers know £#%&! all about football and expectations.

they know sheep, though.

Unread 02-02-2018, 07:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Though city weren't a thing (save of ridicule) back then. Sigh