United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:37 PM
pedr0

Default Team for arsenal

Unfortunately we need both mctom and Fred to do the job of Casemiro, so probably need to sacrifice a forward.

De gea
AWB varane Martinez Shaw
The Scottish Player Fred eriksen
Bruno rashford garnacho

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:38 PM
Vedder

Dave
AWB Varane Martinez Shaw
Fred The Scottish Player
Eriksen
Garnarcho Martial Rashford

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:40 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Definitely think The Scottish Player will start.

Can see why some would prefer Garnacho to start, but he is raw. Although Antony isn't in great form, he does work very hard for the team, and still has a wand of a left foot.

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:41 PM
AK14

Dave

Wan
Varane
Martinez
Shaw
Ty

Fred
Eriksen
Bruno

Horse
Rash

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:41 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Dave
AWB Varane Martinez Shaw
Fred The Scottish Player
Eriksen
Garnarcho Martial Rashford
will martial be fit? hope so. dropping bruno seems like a bad move.

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

De gea

AWB
Varane
Martinez
Shaw

Eriksen
Fred

Antony
Bruno
Rashford

Weghourst.

I think we need to utilise what we have. The set pieces and ability to get the ball in the box and have a striker who can actually do something will be a lot of help. Martial and rashford just can’t cut it in the middle.

Antony hasn’t been great but I’d start him. He made his debut against them and he just might have a fire lit up his ass for the game

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Antony out. Fred and The Scottish Player into midfield. Unfortunately.

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The set pieces and ability to get the ball in the box and have a striker who can actually do something will be a lot of help.
you mean like when shaw landed one on wout's head tonight and he missed the goal? mmmk.

I'd rather have a compact midfield with bruno and eriksen pinging the ball to split (rashers/martial) strikers. the only question for me is who takes casemiro's job.

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:47 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you mean like when shaw landed one on wout's head tonight and he missed the goal? mmmk.

I'd rather have a compact midfield with bruno and eriksen pinging the ball to split (rashers/martial) strikers. the only question for me is who takes casemiro's job.
Right so he didn’t finish the once half chance he had so let’s drop him for two players who so obviously struggle in the middle. Especially martial who hasn’t scored in a while.

Starting weghourst gives us a different option . An option that even if we need to go long from Arsenal high press we have an actual chance of winning the first ball . Not to mention his holding up the ball and pressing from the front.

Rashford has been our best attacker in recent games. Do not move him from his best position of the left wing

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:51 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Antony probably played his way out the team.

Weggy to start again. Bruno Eriksen Rashford behind with Fred and The Scottish Player. Back 5 stays the same as tonight.

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Antony probably played his way out the team.

Weggy to start again. Bruno Eriksen Rashford behind with Fred and The Scottish Player. Back 5 stays the same as tonight.
Our right side looked wide open when Antony went off tbf

He might not be on it in attack but his work rate in supporting AWB is very good. Tenners more than likely will want an extra man if midfield and Bruno on the right though, but I don’t think Antony would be an issue if he started.

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:05 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Right so he didn’t finish the once half chance he had so let’s drop him for two players who so obviously struggle in the middle. Especially martial who hasn’t scored in a while.

Starting weghourst gives us a different option . An option that even if we need to go long from Arsenal high press we have an actual chance of winning the first ball . Not to mention his holding up the ball and pressing from the front.

Rashford has been our best attacker in recent games. Do not move him from his best position of the left wing
it's not dropping him. he's not first choice anyway. yes, he gives us an option. didn't see much pressing from him or winning the ball in the air further back. he did take a posse away from bruno for the goal, though. I know it's only his first game. I just like mobile split strikers and a compact midfield. soz.

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:23 AM
GBMUFC2020

Dea gea

AWB
Varane
Martinez
Shaw
Malacia

Fred
Ericksen
Fernandes

Rashford
Garnacho

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:30 AM
anxious63

would think this is a must not lose game , big blow casimero out and goons having week rest , rashford was poor tonight overall think i would flood midfield and try to nick something ,mcfred will have to play but hey lets give it a go goons are not like Madrid or something

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:51 AM
Jethro

Can see Shaw at CB and Martinez slotting into midfield. Erik is going to do something odd.

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:14 AM
History

It's gonna be Mcfred with Bruno out to the wing.

No doubt about it

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:20 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Antony out. Fred and The Scottish Player into midfield. Unfortunately.
all day.

Unread 19-01-2023, 08:22 AM
puressence

good thing about sunday arsenal will come for a game and we hit them on the break , id play marcus down the middle for this game .

Unread 19-01-2023, 08:33 AM
MUFC One Love

DDG

Wan Bissaka
Varane
Martinez
Shaw

Fred
Eriksen
The Scottish Player (no one else)

Fernandes
Rashford
Garnacho

Unread 19-01-2023, 09:03 AM
shenwen

Just can't accept the resurrection of McFred.

What's Arsenal's midfield like? Can we risk a midfield three of Fred, Eriksen and Bruno? If so, same as last night but Fred for Cass and Garnacho left and Rashers in the middle for Wout.

If not, would much prefer to see Lisandro as a CDM for this one.
Closed Thread