United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-05-2024, 04:39 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
Me neither but only because we'd probably spend it all on player with no eyes.
Is he a native American centre forward?

Unread 02-05-2024, 06:31 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick View Post
Draggohs knows

Unread 02-05-2024, 06:35 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
I'm perfectly comfortable, you're the one commenting about middle aged men and their duvets
Because the way you’re twisting and turning to avoid even contemplating the other side of the story shows you up as a bit of a fan boy oddball tbh. I could be wrong though.

I thought it was interesting to see the quotes from Bruno himself on how dissatisfied he was with the team’s, and his own, form this season. He admits himself it hasn’t been good enough, so is HE clueless too or merely honest?

I notice the whole question of his yellow card suspension against the scousers was conveniently ignored again too.

Unread 02-05-2024, 06:45 PM
Finport Red

Bruno has scored, I think, 10 league goals this season. He’s scored 7 of those in his last 7 games. It isn’t unfair to say that, by any standard and particularly his own, the previous 7 months were less than good, so it is both fair to criticise him for then and praise him for now.

I don’t think it’s any coincidence that his best game of the season came alongside the absence of that lazy stick insect to his left. We can afford one player with a free attacking role and less requirement to press, but not two. Especially when the other’s interpretation of attacking is to run into other players and fall down.

Bruno is the least of our problems right now, but he has been a problem a lot of the season. I just hope he has another match winning performance left in him this season for the cup final.

Unread 02-05-2024, 07:00 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Bruno has scored, I think, 10 league goals this season. He’s scored 7 of those in his last 7 games. It isn’t unfair to say that, by any standard and particularly his own, the previous 7 months were less than good, so it is both fair to criticise him for then and praise him for now.

I don’t think it’s any coincidence that his best game of the season came alongside the absence of that lazy stick insect to his left. We can afford one player with a free attacking role and less requirement to press, but not two. Especially when the other’s interpretation of attacking is to run into other players and fall down.

Bruno is the least of our problems right now, but he has been a problem a lot of the season. I just hope he has another match winning performance left in him this season for the cup final.
Narrator: He did not have another match winning performance left in him this season for the cup final.

Unread 02-05-2024, 07:05 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Narrator: He did not have another match winning performance left in him this season for the cup final.
Morgan Freeman: despite doing nearly ten dribbles in the game, it was left to his right attacking flank colleague Antony to make the decisive score that saw Manchester lift the Association Cup.

Unread 02-05-2024, 07:10 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Morgan Freeman: despite doing nearly ten dribbles in the game, it was left to his right attacking flank colleague Antony to make the decisive score that saw Manchester lift the Association Cup.
Also Morgan Freeman: Antony missed.

Unread 02-05-2024, 07:14 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:

Correct.

Be careful though, because you mentioned “problem”, “criticise” and “less than good” so I can’t say for sure you won’t be buried in an avalanche of chances created stats and called clueless.

Good luck.

Unread 02-05-2024, 07:16 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Also Morgan Freeman: Antony missed.

Unread 02-05-2024, 07:40 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager
Because the way you’re twisting and turning to avoid even contemplating the other side of the story shows you up as a bit of a fan boy oddball tbh. I could be wrong though.

I thought it was interesting to see the quotes from Bruno himself on how dissatisfied he was with the team’s, and his own, form this season. He admits himself it hasn’t been good enough, so is HE clueless too or merely honest?

I notice the whole question of his yellow card suspension against the scousers was conveniently ignored again too.

Twisting and turning it's an Internet forum pal, as you're aware what with this being your 4th or 5th alias.

And yes, you are correct when you say you might be wrong. I'm far from a Bruno fan boy, he's boiled my piss on numerous occasions this season. I just think there's approximately 19 or 20 players ahead of him in our squad who probably deserve more shit than the captain who runs his %@#$&!s off every game and appears to be one of the only senior players who plays like he know what it means to be a United player.

But whatever floats your boat.

Unread 02-05-2024, 10:16 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Twisting and turning it's an Internet forum pal, as you're aware what with this being your 4th or 5th alias.

And yes, you are correct when you say you might be wrong. I'm far from a Bruno fan boy, he's boiled my piss on numerous occasions this season. I just think there's approximately 19 or 20 players ahead of him in our squad who probably deserve more shit than the captain who runs his %@#$&!s off every game and appears to be one of the only senior players who plays like he know what it means to be a United player.

But whatever floats your boat.
I’ve got no idea what you’re talking about.

With regards Bruno however, you may very well be right about how low down the priority list his poor form has been, but I never suggested otherwise. Seeing how you’re an expert on internet forums you’ll probably already know that’s why we have dedicated threads, so other problems can be discussed on their own merits.

I also listed his qualities before ever even bringing up his faults, so unless you’re suggesting he has no faults whatsoever, then discussing those must also have merit, no? My point was that no player in our squad should ever be immune to a dropping if their form is poor, and his form has been poor for too much of the season. He thinks so too.

I’ll let you have the last word now seeing as it appears very important to you, just do me a favour and keep to what I actually said rather than twisting it around please. It doesn’t improve your argument to have to resort to games.

Cheers.

Unread 16-05-2024, 09:46 AM
westcoastvan

They look like an entirely different team when he is on the pitch.

He's indispensable. The one player who should not be sold this summer.

Unread 16-05-2024, 09:55 AM
Dr Stranger

He’s world class and one of the best players in the league. Still manages to flourish in a misfit of a team.

He likes a moan, but give me that over shoulder-shrugging introversion.

Unread 16-05-2024, 10:07 AM
History

I loved his reaction last night. Shit story planted by the sun. Comes out drops a masterclass and says he's not leaving.

Wish the rest of the squad had his mentality

Unread 16-05-2024, 10:18 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post
I loved his reaction last night. Shit story planted by the sun. Comes out drops a masterclass and says he's not leaving.

Wish the rest of the squad had his mentality
Yep, he was £#%&!ing brilliant last night. Best player on the pitch by a distance.

He was still outside the ground signing autographs and what not til late aswell apparently

Unread 16-05-2024, 10:23 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Yep, he was £#%&!ing brilliant last night. Best player on the pitch by a distance.

He was still outside the ground signing autographs and what not til late aswell apparently
Apparently not, that gormless Gordon fella got it on BBC website

Unread 16-05-2024, 10:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Saying goodbye !?!

Unread 16-05-2024, 10:26 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes View Post
Apparently not, that gormless Gordon fella got it on BBC website
Less of the gormless, he a valued member of the forum.

Unread 16-05-2024, 10:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
He’s world class
nah. Has great ability, obviously, but never world class.

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:42 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
nah. Has great ability, obviously, but never world class.
S2C Stickers chatting utter £#%&!ing %@#$&!s in this thread tbh... just one of many...

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=261