United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 03-10-2022, 11:13 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Thought he’d start like a house on fire and play himself into fitness for the WC then fob everything off after it .. maybe he’s just literally saving himself for the WC and the former doesn’t happen. 7 weeks to see what happens. Will surely start vs Everton.

Unread 03-10-2022, 11:35 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

he's not lacking fitness. did a full pre season with madrid and played both their league games before signing. also played all the brazil games i think ?

what's brazilian for pig-climber?

Unread 03-10-2022, 11:38 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
he's not lacking fitness. did a full pre season with madrid and played both their league games before signing. also played all the brazil games i think ?

what's brazilian for pig-climber?
If its not fitness then its Di Maria's "If you work in a company and someone offers you double the salary, you go running .. we will be a little more financially secure" ringing in his ears. Prefer to think its the former.

Unread 03-10-2022, 11:45 AM
ZiggyStardust

We just have to start him now and continue to pick him even if he puts in some iffy performances

I don't know if he's past his best, come for one last pay day or just not up to the pace of the PL but it's time we find out if he can eventually produce the same level of performances for us that he's done for many years for Madrid

I don't know yet if he's the answer but I know for a certainty The Scottish Player isn't and never will be

Unread 03-10-2022, 11:53 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsum fantastic
he's not lacking fitness. Did a full pre season with madrid and played both their league games before signing. Also played all the brazil games i think ?

What's brazilian for pig-climber?
jarzinho ..although it was a goat

Unread 03-10-2022, 11:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
We just have to start him now and continue to pick him even if he puts in some iffy performances

I don't know if he's past his best, come for one last pay day or just not up to the pace of the PL but it's time we find out if he can eventually produce the same level of performances for us that he's done for many years for Madrid

I don't know yet if he's the answer but I know for a certainty The Scottish Player isn't and never will be
Yep. The Scottish Player had done well enough to stay in, allowing Cas to get used to the set up. It’s time now, though. We didn’t pay 60m bastard quid for a 30 year old to sit on the bench. Little cameos aren’t gonna do his rustiness any good.

Get him in for The Scottish Player and Martial in for Rashford. Bruno and Sancho need to stop turning in their default shit performances every couple of games too.

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:04 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep. The Scottish Player had done well enough to stay in, allowing Cas to get used to the set up. It’s time now, though. We didn’t pay 60m bastard quid for a 30 year old to sit on the bench. Little cameos aren’t gonna do his rustiness any good.

Get him in for The Scottish Player and Martial in for Rashford. Bruno and Sancho need to stop turning in their default shit performances every couple of games too.
If he doesn’t start him in Europa, and continue from there, I’ll start to think it wasn’t his signing and not much has really changed.

Hope he was just settling in while TSP was showing a bit of form

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
If he doesn’t start him in Europa, and continue from there, I’ll start to think it wasn’t his signing and not much has really changed.

Hope he was just settling in while TSP was showing a bit of form
The Scottish Player did ok and I was pleased to see ETH select someone on merit, as it suggests he won’t pick anyone because of who they are….but it was a matter of time until The Scottish Player reverted to type because he’s limited and alarmingly inconsistent. He was £#%&!ing woeful yesterday.

Cas in Thursday and then stay there for whoever the hell we play at the weekend.

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:11 PM
jem

sad to see people still thinking it is simply a question of swapping one player for another.

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:17 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
sad to see people still thinking it is simply a question of swapping one player for another.
nope nobodies saying that. They’re saying he should replace The Scottish Player, little else about tactics.

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:17 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think quite a few have suggested it should have been Eriksen or Bruno. I would have started Fred personally.

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
nope nobodies saying that. They’re saying he should replace The Scottish Player, little else about tactics.
nope, it's all cassie for mctog, martial for rashford, fred for eriksen....

we need a better balance to the team.

swap casemiro in for mct yesterday and the same thing would have happened. we need numbers in midfield. we need better players as well, but the solution to that cannot be provided currently.

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

swap casemiro in for The Scottish Player yesterday and the same thing would have happened. we need numbers in midfield. we need better players as well, but the solution to that cannot be provided currently.
Except that Casemiro is a better player than The Scottish Player.

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:26 PM
jem

Quote:
I agree. but we should be playing both of them, not deciding which one is better.

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:28 PM
believe

Quote:
Based on what?

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:39 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

swap casemiro in for mct yesterday and the same thing would have happened. we need numbers in midfield. we need better players as well, but the solution to that cannot be provided currently.
Don't you think Fred gives more defensive cover than Eriksen?

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:39 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Based on what?
His career?? Medals? International appearances??

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:41 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
His career?? Medals? International appearances??
Ah right. So Ronaldo is a better option now than Halaand would be……

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:50 PM
windy waffles

Come on believe, you can't honestly believe The Scottish Player is a better option than Casameiro ffs.

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:50 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I agree. but we should be playing both of them, not deciding which one is better.
I’d have sacrificed Sancho or Anthony to add Casemiro. Maybe even Fred for The Scottish Player as he offers a bit more going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Based on what?
really hope that’s a wum. He won the champions league this year….