United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2021, 12:50 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Been a critic of his but he’s playing really well and his link up play today was top draw. If he keeps doing that then maybe people will choose to ignore the defensive mistakes he makes like the one that led to their goal and their best scoring opportunity.
That wasnt just Shaw

Combination of tiny errors from the team rather than 1 player imo

Mct and Pogba not pressing the ball enough, weve seen players in that position loads of times and normally we'd see Fred and MCT like a pack of dogs over it.

Lindelof and Maguire not getting back in position from a goal kick, finding themselves on opposite sides.

Lindelof dropping off and of course it was good movement by Salah tbf

It happens, it wasnt anything I could class as a defensive 'mistake' by Shaw.

He's been excellent for most of the season, looks like it took anfield for everyone else to take notice

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:12 AM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's an absolute beast recently. A monster.
100%.

I've always defended him, and been a fan, but I'm shocked at how good he's become recently. He's even better now than before his leg break.

Stunning levels of energy to get up and down that flank for 90 mins, never phased on the ball, and is becoming better every game with his crossing.

Still only 25 years old. Immense mental strength on the lad, as he's been through some shit and had his United career completely written off by most.

Our first-choice full-backs are the most underrated part of this side, as AWB, as well as Shaw, has come on leaps and bounds over the last month. Vg2c.

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:34 AM
rubbernecker

Anyone digging out Shaw at the mo is a clueless £#%&!wit or another piss poor wum .

Other teams fans revealing themselves( ooh err ) is one of the Brucie Bonuses of this good run

Each and every time they dig out someone it illustrates their limits and/or their agenda behind their ridiculous comments

But they're great lads really. No they're not they're £#%&!ing toxic vipers

Unread 25-01-2021, 04:03 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
100%.

I've always defended him, and been a fan, but I'm shocked at how good he's become recently. He's even better now than before his leg break.

Stunning levels of energy to get up and down that flank for 90 mins, never phased on the ball, and is becoming better every game with his crossing.

Still only 25 years old. Immense mental strength on the lad, as he's been through some shit and had his United career completely written off by most.

Our first-choice full-backs are the most underrated part of this side, as AWB, as well as Shaw, has come on leaps and bounds over the last month. Vg2c.
What gets me is how often he wins a ball he's no right too. Just completely monsters the opponent.

Unread 25-01-2021, 09:01 AM
MUFC One Love

He's a beast atm.

At one point he took it off Salah and just shrugged him off.

Unread 25-01-2021, 09:32 AM
dunk

Was excellent last season too. The rails came off after lockdown when he got injured. Struggled to score after that and bombed out of both cups

Probably why we bought Telles tbh.

Unread 03-02-2021, 12:09 AM
Tronics

he's the best left-back in the league

Unread 03-02-2021, 12:12 AM
barca99

Immense

Unread 03-02-2021, 12:13 AM
AK14

We scored 5 with Fred at LB...

Just saying.

Unread 03-02-2021, 12:18 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Immense
Sure, but he's still proving to be quite good at football this season

Unread 03-02-2021, 12:30 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We scored 5 with Fred at LB...

Just saying.
Pretty sure redhegemony saged Fred at L(W)B

Unread 03-02-2021, 12:36 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Pretty sure redhegemony saged Fred at L(W)B

Unread 03-02-2021, 09:12 AM
windy waffles

Aside from Bruno, he is by far our best player this season.

Seems like all the years of us calling him fat have paid off.

Unread 03-02-2021, 10:37 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Yep

In order

1) Bruno
2) Shaw
3) Maguire
4) Rashford
5) AWB

Unread 03-02-2021, 11:24 AM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

I don’t even associate him as fat now - would describe him more as solid and powerful

Unread 03-02-2021, 11:25 AM
redhegemony

Very quick and powerful - he really has turned it round - credit to Ole and the coaching staff. His crossing has suddenly taken off now taking corners etc - clearly been putting the hours in.

Unread 03-02-2021, 11:30 AM
Parlabane

It all comes from confidence - he isn’t second guessing every decision he makes now so he isn’t as hesitant and fully commits knowing he isn’t going to be thrown under the bus for every mistake. - long may it continue

Unread 03-02-2021, 11:44 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
It all comes from confidence - he isn’t second guessing every decision he makes now so he isn’t as hesitant and fully commits knowing he isn’t going to be thrown under the bus for every mistake. - long may it continue
This. Of course a footballer at his level has always been capable of making runs, sending in crosses, etc. He just hasn't been doing it. Most likely the ghosts of LVG and Mou and their negative football still in his ear.

Just watched that cross for the first goal again. Lovely

Unread 03-02-2021, 11:45 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
I don’t even associate him as fat now - would describe him more as solid and powerful
I still can't believe he's 6'1"

Unread 03-02-2021, 11:46 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I still can't believe he's 6'1"
the width of him.. he must be a proper tank in person.
Closed Thread