Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2021, 11:50 PM
thatsfuctit

I've not facht checked this

Unread 04-07-2021, 06:31 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Thought he looked sluggish and off the pace in the first half (first 35 ish) but was on it properly in the 2nd. Him and Sterling isn’t working as well as it should as Sterling rarely wants to pass to him.
Don't think he was sluggish at all. Just not getting into the game. Same as in previous game. There was no overlap because Sterling was standing still in front of him, which meant Shaw kept turning back. Once he got some space to run into, he showed his quality

Unread 04-07-2021, 08:10 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Don't think he was sluggish at all. Just not getting into the game. Same as in previous game. There was no overlap because Sterling was standing still in front of him, which meant Shaw kept turning back. Once he got some space to run into, he showed his quality
He was quite wasteful with the ball first half.

Made up for it 2nd half though.

Unread 04-07-2021, 08:15 AM
puressence

Feel sorry for saffers

Unread 04-07-2021, 08:18 AM
Bunker Buster

Best left back in world football.....

What a turn around...

Unread 04-07-2021, 08:37 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He was quite wasteful with the ball first half.

Made up for it 2nd half though.
Think he gave it away twice. Neither time in dangerous positions.

Unread 04-07-2021, 08:58 AM
jem

shaw has been brilliant. when in full gareth-is-a-cautious-man passing back inside mode, he looks like he's not doing that much. once he gets flipped into tiger mode, his penetrating running and crosses make the difference for england. the fact that he has to work down the left with that myopic @#%&! sterling is not helping.

he has always had this in his game. it is not a turn-around. maybe it's just a few people opening their £#%&!ing eyes.

Unread 04-07-2021, 09:10 AM
Jethro

Most passages of play started with him. Sancho is going to transform AWB and with Shaw's form our flanks next season are going to be

Unread 04-07-2021, 09:11 AM
NedKelly

Shaw’s issue was always a lack of experience and his final ball. I remember a couple of seasons ago he was massively frustrating to watch because he’d do almost everything right and then the ball into the box would be shite. He’s obviously put a lot of work into improving in this area and it’s absolutely paid off over the last year. Gone from strength to strength.

I think AWB will come good too. Great little tackler but gets caught out positionally some times (this is an experience issue IMO), and shite at crossing. If he puts the same work in that Shaw has done then we’re set for the better part of a decade. What a turn around from Valencia at rb (no slight on the tiger, Jem, I just wanted a proper right back) and shoehorning whoever we could find in at left back.

Unread 04-07-2021, 09:41 AM
My Name is Heath

Still think AWB could do a job a centre back….

Unread 04-07-2021, 09:45 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Still think AWB could do a job a centre back….
Only if we have five aside rules on no heading

He’s a good RB. And will get much better. Not worried about him in the slightest. Showed improvement last season with his passing and - occasionally - his crossing.

Unread 04-07-2021, 10:09 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Shaw’s issue was always a lack of experience and his final ball. I remember a couple of seasons ago he was massively frustrating to watch because he’d do almost everything right and then the ball into the box would be shite. He’s obviously put a lot of work into improving in this area and it’s absolutely paid off over the last year. Gone from strength to strength.

I think AWB will come good too. Great little tackler but gets caught out positionally some times (this is an experience issue IMO), and shite at crossing. If he puts the same work in that Shaw has done then we’re set for the better part of a decade. What a turn around from Valencia at rb (no slight on the tiger, Jem, I just wanted a proper right back) and shoehorning whoever we could find in at left back.
wan b is a good defender. he is £#%&! all use going forward. sancho will fix that.

there was no need to diss the tiger. wan b is a good right back (if he watches his winger when the ball is on the other flank and doesn't drift inside, leaving his opponent unmarked). he is a great tackler. it is too much to expect him to get forward, really. maybe we should play to our strengths.

Unread 04-07-2021, 10:12 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Think he gave it away twice. Neither time in dangerous positions.
He definitely gave it away more than twice His passing was pretty slack for the first 25 minutes.

Unread 04-07-2021, 10:19 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
He definitely gave it away more than twice His passing was pretty slack for the first 25 minutes.
He was really slow to the tackle too - looked off the pace totally. We all thought he looked really knackered but then he found his mojo.

Have to say that he comes across as a really well considered and articulate lad when interviewed - totally nice bloke. Have slagged him for being a cake guzzling thicko in the past but will cease immediately.

Needs to lose half a stone though….

Unread 04-07-2021, 10:34 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Maybe three. Max.

Unread 04-07-2021, 10:40 AM
NedKelly

I think he was a bit off the mark in the first half but still solid defensively. Walker was the weak spot and I’m pretty sure every attack from Ukraine came up that side.

Unread 04-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I think he was a bit off the mark in the first half but still solid defensively. Walker was the weak spot and I’m pretty sure every attack from Ukraine came up that side.
Would rather James play personally, but suspect The Gate wants Walker's experience. Despite most of the issues last night coming from him.

Unread 04-07-2021, 11:54 AM
jem

Quote:
Would rather James play personally, but suspect The Gate wants Walker's experience. Despite most of the issues last night coming from him.
should think he wants walker's pace, primarily. but he is mistake-prone. I would play trippier or rj over walker. however, this is the least of southgate's blind spots.

Unread 04-07-2021, 12:38 PM
CyrilSkeer

Didn't Mourinho try to engineer a swap deal with Spurs of Shaw and Danny Rose? It made no sense at the time and even less so now.

Unread 04-07-2021, 12:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilSkeer
Didn't Mourinho try to engineer a swap deal with Spurs of Shaw and Danny Rose? It made no sense at the time and even less so now.
Nothing Mourinho did made sense tbf.
Closed Thread