United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2018, 09:21 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Bobby looks like he's after shitting himself and is trying not to bring it to anybodys attention.

Good luck to him I say, a far more entertaining task than watching that pish on the pitch.
Bobby called to be fair to him. Didn't want Jose anywhere near the club...

Unread 01-12-2018, 09:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Bobby called to be fair to him. Didn't want Jose anywhere near the club...
Yes, but he actually wanted Moyes.

So he is not excused.

Unread 01-12-2018, 10:31 PM
est.1878

The guy should have gone for the Holocaust vs sevilla and if not for that then the post match interview that followed

Not disputing the utter shambles above him but you can't protect one just because of the other

Unread 02-12-2018, 12:06 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
The guy should have gone for the Holocaust vs sevilla and if not for that then the post match interview that followed

Not disputing the utter shambles above him but you can't protect one just because of the other
Pretty clear now in retrospect, that was his jumped the shark moment

Unread 02-12-2018, 12:31 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Pretty clear now in retrospect, that was his jumped the shark moment
That was at Real Madrid

Unread 02-12-2018, 12:35 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That was at Real Madrid
Yep. Lost it there and his second spell at Chelsea should have slammed the door forever on United touching him with Dion Dublin’s #@&%!.

Unread 03-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Tronics

supposedly it's gonna be a miracle if we finish 4th now? this £#%&!ing guy man

Quote:
Always feeling more comfortable when speaking in Portuguese, José Mourinho has also claimed that Manchester United don’t have a squad at the level to compete against the top Premier League clubs, and if they finish in the top four, that will be a ‘miracle’.

“Until last year I said that finishing second was a fantastic thing because of the qualities we had in comparison to the quality of the other teams that are fighting for the top four. Already last year I said it. And this year with more problems that we have had, it proves what I said at the beginning of the season, that it would be a very difficult season.”

On his aspirations for the season, he said: “Try to win as many points as possible and try almost the miracle of finishing fourth.”

Unread 03-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Lok

I think Mata's blog post today was quite telling. https://juanmata8.com/en/blog/not-the-time-for-posts/

Unread 03-12-2018, 04:42 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
he's taking the piss now.

he hates us and wants to get as much money as possible by being sacked.

Unread 03-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
he's taking the piss now.

he hates us and wants to get as much money as possible by being sacked.
Payback for the Moyes appointment nqat

Unread 03-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Sparky***

I still genuinely don't understand the motivation for not sacking him right now?

Why?

Unread 03-12-2018, 04:52 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I still genuinely don't understand the motivation for not sacking him right now?

Why?
$$$$$$$$$$$

Unread 03-12-2018, 04:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Why?
It doesn't make sense, unless the board have decided it's the players, but then, they're giving all the shit@#%&!s new deals

Must be brinkmanship. Walk you useless @#%&!.

Unread 03-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Out out out!

(he's right though)

Unread 03-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Lok

There's no chance he's going to walk.

It does make you wonder how bad it needs to get before he's fired.

The club insert performance stipulations in the contract and used it to get rid of Moyes and LvG for significantly less. So they're probably waiting until it's impossible for us to get 4th before they fire him.

Unfortunately that will mean another wasted season. I'd like so see someone come in now and have 2 transfer windows to get us ready for next season. There's no way Mou is here next year so why piss about? May as well let the new guy get his feet under the table as this season is a write off.

Unread 03-12-2018, 05:08 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

The club insert performance stipulations in the contract and used it to get rid of Moyes and LvG for significantly less. So they're probably waiting until it's impossible for us to get 4th before they fire him.

Unfortunately that will mean another wasted season. I'd like so see someone come in now and have 2 transfer windows to get us ready for next season. There's no way Mou is here next year so why piss about? May as well let the new guy get his feet under the table as this season is a write off.
Exactly. It's £#%&!ing criminal to waste a whole season. Some of these players can still be salvaged. Makes no sense to let Mourinho cause more damage before he goes.

Unread 03-12-2018, 05:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
$$$$$$$$$$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It doesn't make sense, unless the board have decided it's the players, but then, they're giving all the shit@#%&!s new deals

Must be brinkmanship. Walk you useless @#%&!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

You see this is what I don't get. How much will it cost to sack him? 10 million quid?

How much will it cost to sack him after top 4 becomes impossible? Half that? 5 million quid?

So our owners and chief exec are willing to gamble the 40-50 million you get from being in the champions league, as well as the possible impact on sponsors, in order to save 5 million quid?

I'm not having it. I'd say that the gimps aren't interested in any of it and Woodward is just purposefully watching him squirm because he won't give Jose the satisfaction of sacking him

Unread 03-12-2018, 05:09 PM
windy waffles

Arsenal will turn us over Wednesday then he will get the boot.

We all said by Christmas and I still think that will happen.

Unread 03-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

This is exactly it.

They're a business. Moyes and LVG is the blueprint.

The only way he'll go before March or April is with a string of 'untenable' results, but we'll keep picking up meaningless points like Saturday night to avoid it.

We won't sack him if it looks like we won't achieve, we'll sack him when we don't achieve.

Even Southampton had the sense to ditch their manager in an increasingly grim scenario, despite a promising result and performance from their team.

That 2-2 draw was the final straw for Southampton, but not Manchester United.

Unread 03-12-2018, 05:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
That 2-2 draw was the final straw for Southampton, but not Manchester United.
Solid point away from home against a mid-table rival
Closed Thread