United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2018, 12:54 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
God we were so lucky. What characters and players we had - and the most incredible manager.
giggs and ruud on the bench.

Unread 25-11-2018, 01:50 PM
Tiberian

We moved him at the right time. Tremendously productive for us and few players have ever mastered an element of the game so perfectly as he did with his crossing, but it was the right time. Towards the end he had completely fallen in love with that 70 yard ping and it was making him and Utd predictable. Worked his balls off in his best years at Utd, covered some serious ground.

Scholes retiring from England duty I would in part put down to Beckham and no manger of the time telling him to stop thumping the ball long taking the midfield out of the game. Bypassed Scholes, stopped him from building the game and eventually he was shunted left and the beginning of the end. Beckham getting so much praise for playing brainless hero-ball on England duty ended up influencing Gerrard to play in the same way, no wonder that group of players never looked a team.

There was one game that stands in my mind from his days in Madrid, they were playing Zaragoza and Beckham must have, no exaggeration, created 15 chances with perfect delivery from the right. It was ridiculous, never seen a crossing display like it.

Unread 25-11-2018, 02:00 PM
dunk

Unread 25-11-2018, 02:25 PM
Clownbones

Thumbs down

3 goals conceded, 2 leads thrown away.

Terrible.

Unread 25-11-2018, 04:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
3 goals conceded, 2 leads thrown away.

Terrible.

Rivaldo and big Dwight that night

Unread 25-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
He was immense on the whole but definitely went at the right time, I don’t think 03-04 would have flattered him had he stayed. I think he wanted the move more than he let on or says in hindsight.
At least we replaced him with Ronaldo and a few years later replaced ronaldo with £#%&!ing obertan

We then continued down this path and 15 years after Becks leaves we are now a mid table side

Unread 25-11-2018, 07:05 PM
red in cumbria

Incredible game, literally on the edge of my seat throughout.

Unread 26-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Denis Irwell

Yeah, was good until he went all Schneiderlin for his last 2.5 years. Wtf do you think we only got 25m?

Had some decent players, United tbf.

Unread 26-11-2018, 04:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Yeah, was good until he went all Schneiderlin for his last 2.5 years. Wtf do you think we only got 25m?

Had some decent players, United tbf.
Steady on pal, he would actually have to be dead to manage that.
Closed Thread