United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2018, 12:41 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
character. balls. Fergie didn't always get it spot on but one thing he was good at spotting was players with character and the personality to be great.

one thing about beckham is that he was immensely popular with his fellow pros wherever he has been. Nobody ever has a bad word to say about him, humble and above all extremely talented and hard working.
people underestimate his character. 99 most of those player were beaten. not becks.

Unread 25-11-2018, 12:41 AM
Sloppy

It's amazing the amount of people on here who just know the glory they've never known it to be shite but expect it to be. Liverpool doing us 4-0 forest at home they've not got a £#%&!ing clue.

Unread 25-11-2018, 12:43 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
It's amazing the amount of people on here who just know the glory they've never known it to be shite but expect it to be. Liverpool doing us 4-0 forest at home they've not got a £#%&!ing clue.
good to have you back, buddy

Unread 25-11-2018, 12:46 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
That the 4-0 in the 1990-91 season? Beardsley hat-trick?

I was £#%&!ing sat in the Kemlin Rd stand for that.

Not a £#%&!ing happy day.

Unread 25-11-2018, 12:51 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
his celebrity over shadowed what a great player he was. and he was great.

hardest working player i've seen in the shirt and the best crosser of a football of all time. no question.

30 assists in the treble season. absolute legend and 25m was a bargain for madrid.
This x 100

Great clip by the way - that cross for Ronaldo is one of the best crosses ever.

The other thing with Beckham. Hard as nails.

Every day playing against Keane, Scholes and Butt and then being in midfield for Manchester United with everyone gunning for you? Tough, tough summabitch.

I remember Martin Samuel I think mocking Jeremy Clarkson after 1998. Clarkson had said he wanted 5 minutes in a room with Beckham to batter him for his stupidity.
Samuel said that if Clarkson had a baseball bat he wouldn’t have survived 30 seconds against Beckham, the supper fit, mentally tough athelete.

Again, made a success everywhere he went and the only blemish is the skellington he married. On the pitch though - an utter star.

That clip makes me a bit sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
from an alternate universe

https://youtu.be/Ykq6YfEXWXM
Jesus.

That’s is like looking at your millionaire beautiful ex :-( :-(

All 3 goals are special.

I love the whole Park thing about afergie telling him weeks in advance he’d be playing in these big Euro games and how he was unstoppable and Park would go into them 10 feet tall.

God we were so lucky. What characters and players we had - and the most incredible manager.

Unread 25-11-2018, 01:02 AM
armchair

i really don't want to do it but park and anderson are better than our current midfield - change my mind

Unread 25-11-2018, 01:07 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
i really don't want to do it but park and anderson are better than our current midfield - change my mind
Not even close to disagreeing.

We had Fletcher and Carrick there too - and Scholes knocking about.

Unread 25-11-2018, 01:12 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Not even close to disagreeing.

We had Fletcher and Carrick there too - and Scholes knocking about.

Gibson :shoooooooooooooooooooooooooot:

Unread 25-11-2018, 01:27 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
4-0 at anfield was my first time at anfield as a 12 year old. horrendous.

beckham was sublime. i can't think of a player who had as much stick as he got at EVERY ground after the 98 world cup, and dealt with it so well.

when the pressure was on, he delivered. a bona fide united legend.

Unread 25-11-2018, 01:34 AM
Stickman

He was immense on the whole but definitely went at the right time, I don’t think 03-04 would have flattered him had he stayed. I think he wanted the move more than he let on or says in hindsight.

Unread 25-11-2018, 01:38 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
He was immense on the whole but definitely went at the right time, I don’t think 03-04 would have flattered him had he stayed. I think he wanted the move more than he let on or says in hindsight.
But how much of that was down to that bitch wife of his?

I'm sure I remember reading an article about her written a month or two after Beckham leaving United where she was asked if they'd found somewhere to live.
She replied that they'd been looking for 6 months but not found anything.
Yet the move had only been arranged a month or 2 previously.

Unread 25-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Lok

Quote:
Park was £#%&!ing brilliant. I still don't understand why people didn't rate him.

He was £#%&!ing everywhere, his movement was incredible always creating space for others. Plus he chipped in with some huge goals for us.

Unread 25-11-2018, 08:23 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Park was £#%&!ing brilliant. I still don't understand why people didn't rate him.

He was £#%&!ing everywhere, his movement was incredible always creating space for others. Plus he chipped in with some huge goals for us.
I liked him too, had some huge performances in our biggest games over the years.

Unread 25-11-2018, 08:47 AM
Harry Flashman

Quote:
Was in a pub in harrow watching that when it went in... £#%&!ing hell it was carnage, blokes going over tables, jumping on the bar... one of the fruit machines went over as well. Chaos.
The Apollo?

Unread 25-11-2018, 09:44 AM
Coracao

Was the right time for both parties that he left. Fantastic player tho nqat. And epitomized many Ferie teams with his work rate and never say die attitude . One of the reasons we were so effective at chasing down leads, as the lads work rate tended to go through the roof When we were behind.

Unread 25-11-2018, 10:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Won us the treble.

In my top 3 United players.

Had the lot....top guy as well.

Unread 25-11-2018, 10:41 AM
browser

Incredible player. One of my favourite ever united goals. The control from scholes as well

Unread 25-11-2018, 10:53 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

was incredible. was also happy for him when he had that excellent season with ruud at madrid.

him and ruud together was a joy to watch.

Unread 25-11-2018, 12:14 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
But how much of that was down to that bitch wife of his?

I'm sure I remember reading an article about her written a month or two after Beckham leaving United where she was asked if they'd found somewhere to live.
She replied that they'd been looking for 6 months but not found anything.
Yet the move had only been arranged a month or 2 previously.
I will forever hate that slag for turning his head. He should’ve been a United lifer like Scholes and Giggs. Karma that once she finally got her move to Spain he was hanging out the back of other women on the regular

Unread 25-11-2018, 12:30 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
as i say - it's a shame the showbiz crap overshadowed him as a player because he genuinely was great.

There was a cross he did for Nicky Butt to score in the 1996 charity shield against Newcastle where he £#%&!ing pings it, absolutely pin point like an exocet missile, laser guided. Amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQqKoeTeGD0
A goal and 3 assists FFS... utterly depressing compared to the days
Closed Thread