United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Shaw would have been a shoe in aswell. At the time he was the obvious best young English player in his position. Should have been a Rio/Rooney long term type player for us.
Would have been well on his way by now too.

Unread 22-03-2018, 04:54 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Would have been well on his way by now too.
True that.

Unread 22-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Red Al

Quote:
jesus. 600m over 4.5 years!
Back in 1983-84 Robert maxwell was going to buy the whole club for about 10 million then about 5 years later Michael Knighton offered around 20 million

Unread 22-03-2018, 05:00 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
jesus. 600m over 4.5 years!

more than city?
Circa £850m in the same period.

They spent £260m since the summer ffs.

Unread 22-03-2018, 05:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Shaw would have been a shoe in aswell. At the time he was the obvious best young English player in his position. Should have been a Rio/Rooney long term type player for us.
Yeah forgot about him tbh

Unread 22-03-2018, 06:14 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
How many do you like?

Varela - 2.4m
Fellaini - 27.5m
Mata - 37.1m
Shaw - 27m
Herrera - 29m
Blind - 13.8m
Valdez - 0m
Di Maria - 59.7m
Rojo - 16m
Depay - 25m
Darmian - 12.7m
Schneiderlin - 24m
Schweinsteiger - 0m
Romero - 0m
Martial - 35m
Bailly - 30m
Ibrahimovic - 0m
Mkhitaryan - 30m
Pogba - 89m
Lindelof - 31m
Lukaku - 75m
Matic - 40m
Sanchez - 0m

Total - 604.2m

Unread 22-03-2018, 06:17 PM
dunk

£#%&!ing horrendous to put it bluntly

Could add in Fergie’s last 3 or 4 years too tbf

Unread 22-03-2018, 06:29 PM
irk

what a bunch of arse grapes.

hate them all except ibramhimovic and that's just for old times sake.

maybe Bailly, Lukaku, and Matic could redeem themselves.

Unread 22-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
f*** me that is embarrassing.... From that list only Lukaku, Matic and Bailly would be considered worthwhile. The rest are complete shambles imo.
Romero standing out as a success among that tells a lot. Chasing after guys like Falcao, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger and even Zlatan has been a problem in the approach. Hopefully Sanchez is not the next in that line.

How much did Fergie spend in his reign? The last 5 years must come close, or surpass, his career spending.

Unread 22-03-2018, 07:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Romero standing out as a success among that tells a lot. Chasing after guys like Falcao, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger and even Zlatan has been a problem in the approach. Hopefully Sanchez is not the next in that line.

How much did Fergie spend in his reign? The last 5 years must come close, or surpass, his career spending.
We have needed some established talent, though. When you lose 8/9 previously world class players as we did, and the replacements don't come from within, you surely have to try and get in a few ready-made quality players. They've just not worked so far.

Tbf extend this list back to 2009 and it wouldn't look much prettier. De Gea and the short-term signing of RvP the only successes?

In fairness, many on the above list looked good shouts at the time. I can't believe how bad Pogba is working out

Unread 22-03-2018, 07:46 PM
Lok

Varela - 2.4m - Should have been given more of a chance. At this price his failure doesn't really matter.

Fellaini - 27.5m - The start of the decline. What an absolute farce this transfer was. It started poorly by paying £5m more than his buyout. Hopefully he does us all a favour in the summer and £#%&!s off.

Mata - 37.1m - At the time this was a serious amount of money. I don't think he's really justified the price and it was painful seeing him play as a winger under LvG. Seems to be much more productive under Mou and a worthy member of the squad.

Shaw - 27m - I really wish this worked out but it clearly isn't going to. A shame because I thought we'd sorted our left back position for 15 years. Can't blame anyone for signing him.

Herrera - 29m - Can't help but think he's exactly the type of player we need. He is a bit more street than a lot of our @#%&!s and should be one of the first names on the teamsheet. The fact that he isn't says a lot about his decline. Hopefully he sorts himself out because we need him.

Blind - 13.8m - The only good thing you can say about this bloke is that his girlfriend is fit. Fraud.

Valdez - 0m - Meh. It was a free. Came across as a massive @#%&!.

Di Maria - 59.7m - The ultimate in vanity signings. Buzzed like £#%&! when he arrived but it quickly became clear that it was a very, very bad decision. Fergie used to test players personalities before they came to the club, this guy wouldn't have been considered for a minute.

Rojo - 16m - LvG's best signing. Another snide @#%&! and he should be above Smalling in the pecking order.

Depay - 25m - Everything that's wrong with young footballers. Too much too soon. All the ability in the world but no application. Shame.

Darmian - 12.7m - I can't believe this @#%&! is actually Italian.

Schneiderlin - 24m - The invisible man. Still can't believe Everton gave us our money back for him.

Schweinsteiger - 0m - I thought we paid for him. It obviously didn't work out but I think it was still worth it just to see him in the shirt.

Romero - 0m - One of the best reserve keepers in the world. I can't believe he's happy staying on the bench.

Martial - 35m - Depay but with less bling.

Bailly - 30m - Sick note. If he can stay fit and calm down a little bit we have a fine defender. Both are huge 'ifs'.

Ibrahimovic - 0m - Loved him. Shame he didn't come 10 years ago.

Mkhitaryan - 30m - Pusssy.

Pogba - 89m - Starting to look like a bad mistake. Yes we're not utilising him as best we might but he should be doing far more than he is.

Lindelof - 31m - £31m on a defender and the manager can't trust him. Mou rarely gets centre backs wrong but it looks like he might have here.

Lukaku - 75m - I didn't want him but at least he gives a shit. His link up play looks to be improving and he's effective against the shit teams. Would still rather us deploy a more elegant forward.

Matic - 40m - Eye watering money for a player his age. Started brilliantly and lived off those performances for a long time. It doesn't help that we're over-playing him.

Sanchez - 0m - Worrying start but early days.

NRAT?

Unread 22-03-2018, 07:52 PM
S/Side.Red

This is perhaps even more shocking btw. Our top 10 highest fees received, of all time.

Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo, £80m
Ángel Di María, £44.1m
David Beckham £25m
Morgan Schneiderlin £24m
Memphis Depay £16m
Danny Welbeck £16m
Jaap Stam £15.25m
Juan Sebastián Verón £15m
Ruud van Nistelrooy £10.3m
Gabriel Heinze £8.1m
Heinze our 10th biggest sale ever, at £8m

Unread 22-03-2018, 08:04 PM
windy waffles

Falcao....

Unread 22-03-2018, 08:07 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Falcao....
Loan.

Unread 22-03-2018, 10:30 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Varela - 2.4m - Should have been given more of a chance. At this price his failure doesn't really matter.

Fellaini - 27.5m - The start of the decline. What an absolute farce this transfer was. It started poorly by paying £5m more than his buyout. Hopefully he does us all a favour in the summer and £#%&!s off.

Mata - 37.1m - At the time this was a serious amount of money. I don't think he's really justified the price and it was painful seeing him play as a winger under LvG. Seems to be much more productive under Mou and a worthy member of the squad.

Shaw - 27m - I really wish this worked out but it clearly isn't going to. A shame because I thought we'd sorted our left back position for 15 years. Can't blame anyone for signing him.

Herrera - 29m - Can't help but think he's exactly the type of player we need. He is a bit more street than a lot of our @#%&!s and should be one of the first names on the teamsheet. The fact that he isn't says a lot about his decline. Hopefully he sorts himself out because we need him.

Blind - 13.8m - The only good thing you can say about this bloke is that his girlfriend is fit. Fraud.

Di Maria - 59.7m - The ultimate in vanity signings. Buzzed like £#%&! when he arrived but it quickly became clear that it was a very, very bad decision. Fergie used to test players personalities before they came to the club, this guy wouldn't have been considered for a minute.

Rojo - 16m - LvG's best signing. Another snide @#%&! and he should be above Smalling in the pecking order.

Depay - 25m - Everything that's wrong with young footballers. Too much too soon. All the ability in the world but no application. Shame.

Schneiderlin - 24m - The invisible man. Still can't believe Everton gave us our money back for him.

Schweinsteiger - 0m - I thought we paid for him. It obviously didn't work out but I think it was still worth it just to see him in the shirt.

Romero - 0m - One of the best reserve keepers in the world. I can't believe he's happy staying on the bench.

Bailly - 30m - Sick note. If he can stay fit and calm down a little bit we have a fine defender. Both are huge 'ifs'.

Pogba - 89m - Starting to look like a bad mistake. Yes we're not utilising him as best we might but he should be doing far more than he is.

Lindelof - 31m - £31m on a defender and the manager can't trust him. Mou rarely gets centre backs wrong but it looks like he might have here.

Lukaku - 75m - I didn't want him but at least he gives a shit. His link up play looks to be improving and he's effective against the shit teams. Would still rather us deploy a more elegant forward.

Matic - 40m - Eye watering money for a player his age. Started brilliantly and lived off those performances for a long time. It doesn't help that we're over-playing him.

NRAT?
Agree with most of that apart from matic who I think has been decent.

This last 5-6 years has been horrific hasn’t it.

Unread 23-03-2018, 07:27 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

NRAT?
Good post. Still got high hopes for Alexis, Matic has been superb IMO, he has always wanted the ball & tried to use it progressively . Best player this season by a country mile . I like Lukaku & as you say, I am starting to think Pogba is a mistake. other than that very few I disagree in apart from Rojo. I am probably the only Utd fan who rates Smalling.

Unread 23-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
How many do you like?

Varela - 2.4m
Fellaini - 27.5m
Mata - 37.1m
Shaw - 27m
Herrera - 29m
Blind - 13.8m
Valdez - 0m
Di Maria - 59.7m
Rojo - 16m
Depay - 25m
Darmian - 12.7m
Schneiderlin - 24m
Schweinsteiger - 0m
Romero - 0m
Martial - 35m
Bailly - 30m
Ibrahimovic - 0m
Mkhitaryan - 30m
Pogba - 89m
Lindelof - 31m
Lukaku - 75m
Matic - 40m
Sanchez - 0m

Total - 604.2m
Prior to mourinho shaw, martial and Di Maria are the only players you would have wanted and expected united to be in for. Looks like an upturn in quality since mourinho has signed but hardly any are performing how you’d expect, apart from lukaku, Matic and bailley when fit.

Tbf the string of shit signings started before Fergie retired, which is why the team turned to shit once the key players got past it. Since we sold Ronaldo, Fergie only really signed two proper united players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
As much as he could get out of the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
I am probably the only Utd fan who rates Smalling.
Depends what you mean by rate. He’s ok. We need stam/Ferdinand/vidic level.

Unread 23-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Depends what you mean by rate. He’s ok. We need stam/Ferdinand/vidic level.
Everyone does, bloody hard to identify exceptional CB's from the contemporary pool. Who are the best in the country?

Alderweield-Bailly-Otameni-Van Dyjk? You could have doubts about all of them, hardly Terry/Rio/King/Campbell/Carragher/Carvahlo/Vidic level.

Unread 16-04-2018, 01:23 PM
TheFatGoth

Whatever happened to that Blind guy?

Unread 16-04-2018, 01:40 PM
AK14

Quote:
Whatever happened to that Blind guy?
Falcao?

Back in France I think.
Closed Thread