Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Rat face Suarez has just scored an absolute joke of a goal
That was a very good goal

Unread 14-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I can't stand that sanctimonious @#%&! Jennifer Lopez. Built a career off the back of getting her fat arse out wherever possible, and now acts as some kind of beacon for feminism.

Same goes for all of these 'heroic women' in Hollywood and the music industry - Beyonce, Reece Witherspoon, Emma £#%&!ing Watson. The hypocrisy is gargantuan.
No disrespect Neo, but aren't you in the wrong thread here ?

Unread 14-01-2018, 11:22 PM
dunk

Unread 14-01-2018, 11:47 PM
andyroo

This £#%&!ing smugathon love-in about how wonderful both sides are and freedom and creativity and £#%&! £#%&! £#%&!. Vile.

Unread 15-01-2018, 12:16 AM
sa7

What would be the ban for assaulting a ref?

Should work both ways.

Unread 15-01-2018, 12:54 AM
King Schlong

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Eh macerena

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:01 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
City were exposed today, and that final scoreline flattered them hugely. Not just City though, the rest of league should be embarrassed, acquiescent @#%&! hiding behind the myth of this City team being a generational, transcendent side. To do otherwise would be to accept the challenge and not just turtle up like cowards, so in self preservation let us trumpet their majesty.

This is in large part the same City team that has been under achieving hugely in recent years. I hate that is Liverpool, after selling their best player and with their doghshit back-line, who are the ones to bring some reality to the discussion.
Nothing we haven't been saying on here. They are a very good side (not sure I agree with you that the score flattered them) but £#%&!ing hell they aren't beaten in the tunnel good, which I still expect to be exposed again in Europe.

Today was a great game, between two sides who play differently but are both essentially aggressively positive in their own ways. They both backed themselves in their styles. It really did remove any excuse for our overly negative approach against them both.

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:15 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Nothing we haven't been saying on here. They are a very good side (not sure I agree with you that the score flattered them) but f***ing hell they aren't beaten in the tunnel good, which I still expect to be exposed again in Europe.

Today was a great game, between two sides who play differently but are both essentially aggressively positive in their own ways. They both backed themselves in their styles. It really did remove any excuse for our overly negative approach against them both.
It could have gone to 5 or 6 before City got their second, Liverpool, and in particular Mane became a little self indulgent, but they were cutting City to pieces on the counter. Just a pity Madrid have fallen off badly this year, because I believe they were the type of team who would have efficiently removed City from the CL with their counter attacking prowess, much as Pep's Bayern were held back by that weakness.

Too early to confirm it, but it also looked as if Liverpool have secured a great deal for Coutinho, a cherry on top player rather than the key to their style. They might miss his creativity against teams who park the bus but they have had a good run of signing attacking players who all fit together, and if they do it again they could be a genuine threat next year.

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:19 AM
Spock

Quote:
It could have gone to 5 or 6 before City got their second, Liverpool, and in particular Mane became a little self indulgent, but they were cutting City to pieces on the counter. Just a pity Madrid have fallen off badly this year, because I believe they were the type of team who would have efficiently removed City from the CL with their counter attacking prowess, much as Pep's Bayern were held back by that weakness.

Too early to confirm it, but it also looked as if Liverpool have secured a great deal for Coutinho, a cherry on top player rather than the key to their style. They might miss his creativity against teams who park the bus but they have had a good run of signing attacking players who all fit together, and if they do it again they could be a genuine threat next year.
they have had a good run of signing attacking players who all fit together, and if they do it again they could be a genuine threat next year.

why don't we do this anymore?

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:21 AM
Cream

Quote:
Nothing we haven't been saying on here. They are a very good side (not sure I agree with you that the score flattered them) but £#%&!ing hell they aren't beaten in the tunnel good, which I still expect to be exposed again in Europe.

Or, you know, completely vindicated it.

Think.

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Yes, true. For ten minutes City looked like Brazil in the World Cup against Germany. Especially with Fernandino in dreamland in front of the back four. Heads totally went. I think beyond that they played reasonably well, and funny enough the Firmino goal came when they looked in control.

Be interesting to see how PSG set up in the knockouts. Emery is basically a pragmatist but feels that pressure from the owners to play open, even at Camp Nou when leading If they set up defensively strong then their counter options are devastating. Wouldn't put it past Madrid to raise themselves in the CL either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Or, you know, completely vindicated it.

Think.
Would rather lose one and win one than plan to draw both 0-0

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:33 AM
armchair

I prefer we risk humiliation and try to beat teams rather than try to only suffer a minor defeat.

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:34 AM
Cream

Quote:
Yes, true. For ten minutes City looked like Brazil in the World Cup against Germany. Especially with Fernandino in dreamland in front of the back four. Heads totally went. I think beyond that they played reasonably well, and funny enough the Firmino goal came when they looked in control.

Be interesting to see how PSG set up in the knockouts. Emery is basically a pragmatist but feels that pressure from the owners to play open, even at Camp Nou when leading If they set up defensively strong then their counter options are devastating. Wouldn't put it past Madrid to raise themselves in the CL either.

Would rather lose one and win one than plan to draw both 0-0
Not played both home and away yet.

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:36 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I prefer we risk humiliation and try to beat teams rather than try to only suffer a minor defeat.
Basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Not played both home and away yet.

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:43 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
they have had a good run of signing attacking players who all fit together, and if they do it again they could be a genuine threat next year.

why don't we do this anymore?
Different styles of Manager who favour different styles of play. Rodgers and Klopp share many of the same characteristics.

Coutinho, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Chamberlain, Wijnaldum, Keita to come apparently. All quick, mobile, technically adept, no big lumps or slugs who change the way they play. Utd try to pair disparate talents like Fellaini and Lukaku with the likes of Mata and Mikitaryan, no synergy at all.

Unread 15-01-2018, 02:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Different styles of Manager who favour different styles of play. Rodgers and Klopp share many of the same characteristics.

Coutinho, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Chamberlain, Wijnaldum, Keita to come apparently. All quick, mobile, technically adept, no big lumps or slugs who change the way they play. Utd try to pair disparate talents like Fellaini and Lukaku with the likes of Mata and Mikitaryan, no synergy at all.
Yeah, I expect it's a bit of a fluke from Liverpool rather than planned, given that they pretty much enforced a few dodgy, ill-suited players on Rodgers too, but it does show the benefit of a common idea when it comes to player profile.
Closed Thread