United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Zorg

Default Re: General mutterings and observations from Saturday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
glad to see someone finally agreeing that we have the best squad in england
Tbf anyone who doesn't think that is on crack and drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Before the game I was sure that going 4-4-2, in fact the exact team the Fergie played was the way to go.

10 minutes in was still thinking the same thing.

20 minutes in I knew it was wrong. We badly needed another body in midfield. For all the bravado about how we should make them worry about us, there really is little barca need to worry about if we don't have the ball.

Should have played 4-5-1, probably with Anderson but a fit Fletcher would have been better.
That's exactly what I thought.

Unread 30-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Fountz

...it's not the team... there's nothing wrong with the team !

It's that White Kit !!

Spoiler:
click to showhide

[SIZE="3"]...BURN THE WHITE KIT I TELL YOU !!! ....BURN IT, BURN IT NOWW !!!

click to showhide

Unread 30-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Before the game I was sure that going 4-4-2, in fact the exact team the Fergie played was the way to go.

10 minutes in was still thinking the same thing.

20 minutes in I knew it was wrong. We badly needed another body in midfield. For all the bravado about how we should make them worry about us, there really is little barca need to worry about if we don't have the ball.

Should have played 4-5-1, probably with Anderson but a fit Fletcher would have been better.

need to learn to play without a specific frontman up against their defence centrally. but yeah, complete waste of time isolating two up there and pretending one of them can operate as a midfielder without the ball against a team who pass like that.

Unread 30-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
need to learn to play without a specific frontman up against their defence centrally. but yeah, complete waste of time isolating two up there and pretending one of them can operate as a midfielder without the ball against a team who pass like that.
You know of all the games we've dicked around with 4-5-1 this is the one we should have done it in. Looking back it's as plain as day. Could have swapped ceech for Nani to give us more width and move Park in field.

Basically anything that didn't (as you say) isolate 1 / 2 players

Unread 30-05-2011, 02:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm not sure why I feel underwhelmed at us winning the title, as I said the circumstances were a bit £#%&!ed up, but i think a lot of it is that I just haven't enjoyed the season as a whole. There has been the odd moment and positive but mostly it has been hard work and disappointing in terms of performances. Almost constantly 1 step forward 1 back with performances, off field shit like Rooney, the FA, Giggs, VDS, Nev, Valencia's leg, just one thing after another. There was a relief at winning the title against all the odds, but it just felt odd.

Sorry.
Actually, this has a bit of truth in it.......

The league season *has* been a bit of a grind, as was the previous time we won. Though of course, to win it now despite all the obstacles mentioned made it pretty satisfying, in the end

Still - we on the whole played more enjoyable football in 2009/10 than either of those campaigns, IMO

Unread 30-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Fountz

Quote:
You know of all the games we've dicked around with 4-5-1 this is the one we should have done it in. Looking back it's as plain as day. Could have swapped ceech for Nani to give us more width and move Park in field.

Basically anything that didn't (as you say) isolate 1 / 2 players
..may have worked...

..however, midfielders aren't homologated units. "just stick another one in"... how about upgrading the ones we've got to start off with.

Any two from Keane, Robson and Scholes at their peak would've faired far better. (IMO of course)

Unread 30-05-2011, 03:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Still - we on the whole played more enjoyable football in 2009/10 than either of those campaigns, IMO
I'd definitely agree with that, there were more proper 'moments' last season than this, the whole dynamic of the team felt different, in transition but promising, it just felt like it went a step backwards at times this year to me

I suppose it's the trophy that counts

Unread 30-05-2011, 03:06 PM
armchair

Remember when Carlos was at United and we basically played no strikers but plenty of attackers. Iran's gain is our loss imo.

Unread 30-05-2011, 03:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Remember when Carlos was at United and we basically played no strikers but plenty of attackers. Iran's gain is our loss imo.
Querioz? Tevez? Santana? the Jackal?

Unread 30-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
My biggest worry is 'when is the next Final gonna come along?' - we've had 3 in 4 seasons - & only won 1
It could be the best part of a decade before we reach another.
I'm not saying that in a doomlord way, just that you never know what's gonna happen.

In 2002 Real Madrid fans would never have believed you if you'd said to them - You're gonna have to wait at least a decade to reach another Final.

It's shameful to be feeling so down after a season in which we've become the most successful side in English Football history, but to lose 2 European Cup Finals on the bounce is so £#%&!ing hard to take - regardless of the opponent.
We have Ferguson, Madrid have been changing their manager every bloody season since 2002!
And those losses, yes we could have performed better in each final but we were also facing one of the greatest club sides ever.

As dunk said we've been through alot this season and we still have number 19, the never say die atitude this club has is bloody unbelievable.

Unread 30-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Sgt Howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
...it's not the team... there's nothing wrong with the team !

It's that White Kit !!

Spoiler:
click to showhide

[SIZE="3"]...BURN THE WHITE KIT I TELL YOU !!! ....BURN IT, BURN IT NOWW !!!

click to showhide
That picture bring back bad memories for me
Closed Thread