United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2011, 04:25 PM
borsuk

he was nothing like as bad as people made out, the whipping-boy bullshit that goes on on here at times is ridiculous. you think fergie consistently picks players who are playing shite ffs?

Unread 27-05-2011, 04:28 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he was nothing like as bad as people made out, the whipping-boy bullshit that goes on on here at times is ridiculous. you think fergie consistently picks players who are playing shite ffs?
he was playing shite

couldnt pass forwards at all.

carrick the crab. even had a tshirt made. and to top it off he was giving silly balls away too!

some of the revisionist shit that goes on here at times is ridiculous.

Unread 27-05-2011, 04:32 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
he was playing shite

couldnt pass forwards at all.

carrick the crab. even had a tshirt made. and to top it off he was giving silly balls away too!

some of the revisionist shit that goes on here at times is ridiculous.
well i thought all that was %@#$&!s at the time for the most part and i think it's %@#$&!s now. not sure how that's revisionism but there you go.

he had some bad games, no question, but nothing like ^

bit like united, people coming out with all kind of shit about how we were playing, as though we've never come on after the new year ffs.

Unread 27-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Zorg

Someone on here said the other week 'definitely got his mojo back'.

Unread 27-05-2011, 05:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
he was absolute £#%&! right up to the game where we went down to ten men after a sending off(think it was jonny evans could be wrong) and then it was as if he had an epiphany and suddenly started playing good football and has done since, didn't think he could regain his form but he proved me wrong, hope he has a good game tomorrow as we will need him to, this is his chance to put the record straight imo.
At home to Bolton, I believe.

Borsers may decry the slagging he was getting, but it wasn't long before that when non-league players showed him up

I hope he crowns this comeback tomorrow

Unread 27-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
At home to Bolton, I believe.
Yeah, I distinctly remember a particular defensive block he made in that match, and he just seemed to kick on from there.

Quote:
you think fergie consistently picks players who are playing shite ffs?
Managers sometimes do exactly that in an effort to get them back in form, reasoning that dropping them would make things worse.

Unread 27-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
he was absolute £#%&! right up to the game where we went down to ten men after a sending off(think it was jonny evans could be wrong) and then it was as if he had an epiphany and suddenly started playing good football and has done since, didn't think he could regain his form but he proved me wrong, hope he has a good game tomorrow as we will need him to, this is his chance to put the record straight imo.
does epiphany mean the same as contract?

Unread 27-05-2011, 07:32 PM
rebelcountyred

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
does epiphany mean the same as contract?
yeah

Unread 28-05-2011, 02:39 AM
shenwen

Quote:
well i thought all that was %@#$&!s at the time for the most part and i think it's %@#$&!s now. not sure how that's revisionism but there you go.

he had some bad games, no question, but nothing like ^

bit like united, people coming out with all kind of shit about how we were playing, as though we've never come on after the new year ffs.
carrick has had more bad games than good in the last 2 seasons. even his greatest apologist (you) conceded this last season. I hope he can perform against barca the way he has in last half dozen games. that should be obvious. I don't dislike him. solid pro and all that. just not going to back all that "four titles and three champions league" nonsense as if it was him alone who delivered them. ffs, how many league titles does sheasy have?

Unread 28-05-2011, 06:33 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
carrick has had more bad games than good in the last 2 seasons. even his greatest apologist (you) conceded this last season. I hope he can perform against barca the way he has in last half dozen games. that should be obvious. I don't dislike him. solid pro and all that. just not going to back all that "four titles and three champions league" nonsense as if it was him alone who delivered them. ffs, how many league titles does sheasy have?
his form dipped, no question, but it was daft the way some went on. same with park, same with others - and same with o'shea. every team needs its o'sheas, he's a great squad player who plays a big part in our success. fergie will have thought quite hard about starting him tonight.

Unread 28-05-2011, 12:05 PM
wee man

4 years - 3 titles - regular player

Unread 28-05-2011, 12:24 PM
shenwen

Quote:
his form dipped, no question, but it was daft the way some went on. same with park, same with others - and same with o'shea. every team needs its o'sheas, he's a great squad player who plays a big part in our success. fergie will have thought quite hard about starting him tonight.
not too hard I hope.

tonight is not a game for sentiment like it was in 09. the best team will play and that means no sheasy. will be surprised if he makes the bench. have a feeling smallers, evans and rafael will be the defensive cover. and possibly only two of that three.

Unread 28-05-2011, 01:24 PM
nick henry

His performance in the Bayern game last year was as gutless a performance as you will ever see. I would have happily punched his gormless chops in after that game.

However, his performance at Stamford Bridge in this years 1/4 was absolutely fantastic and he was easily our MOM that night. I would have happily kissed his beautiful face after that game.

The moral here is that SAF is a better manager then I will ever be and Carrick is not ugly.
Closed Thread