United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2011, 07:57 PM
wonky no

Default nip n tuck with the scouse

i can see them having a good go at a title next season. they have some decent young lads coming through. with arse needing to find a plan b and chelseas squad stinking of piss i think it could open the doors to liverpool and city to fight amongst the top 3.

i'm not overly concerned about it because, despite general punditry, our squad id pretty shit hot.

Unread 12-05-2011, 08:00 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down Re: nip n tuck with the scouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i can see them having a good go at a title next season. they have some decent young lads coming through. with arse needing to find a plan b and chelseas squad stinking of piss i think it could open the doors to liverpool and city to fight amongst the top 3.

i'm not overly concerned about it because, despite general punditry, our squad id pretty shit hot.
failing to take your medication is not big or clever

Unread 12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
elhombre

Default Re: nip n tuck with the scouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no

never in a million years.

top three: United, cITY, Chelsea.

no idea what order.

Unread 12-05-2011, 08:03 PM
wonky no

straight up. i can see them up there.

Unread 12-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Allenby Chilton

They've been playing with no pressure since Kenny Dogshit took over. Next season when they are expected to win, plus playing Thursday-Sunday football every week they won't do nearly as well. I think they'll struggle to get 4th place

Unread 12-05-2011, 08:43 PM
redmike

They should do better thats for sure, but a title tilt is stretching it a bit.

Unread 12-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Argentina

Strange as this sounds but they don't have enough quality players to beat the shit.
They have those dogged players who will frustrate teams like us, Chelsea, City and Arsenal and nick a goal or two, but they don't have the players to play like a big team against a team that will do that to them.
That was their problem in their title challenging season and it will be again. For that reason they might be up there as winning against us and the big teams are 6 pointers!

Unread 12-05-2011, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

No wonks, it won't be.

<spit> ciddy <spit> are much more likely than them to seriously challenge next season - and even that is far from a cert.

Unread 13-05-2011, 05:35 AM
borsuk

united, chealsea and arsenal will be the main challengers, arsenal will fall away as usual. city will find the cl a distraction, much as spurs did this year.

liverpool will challenge spurs and city for fourth place.

Unread 13-05-2011, 06:05 AM
Jez Quigley

Exclamation Re: nip n tuck with the scouse

After looking at this headline, I thought it was going to be about some amateur Merseyside based plastic surgery with Stanley knives...

Unread 13-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Strange as this sounds but they don't have enough quality players to beat the shit.
They have those dogged players who will frustrate teams like us, Chelsea, City and Arsenal and nick a goal or two, but they don't have the players to play like a big team against a team that will do that to them.
That was their problem in their title challenging season and it will be again. For that reason they might be up there as winning against us and the big teams are 6 pointers!
Good point.

Their pressing style is much more effective against the better sides who are trying to play through them. Lesser teams sit deeper and play it long out of the back; they don't want any time on the ball anyway, they want you to have to work to break them down. They don't currently have the key-unlockers who can do that.

Gerrard hasn't been the same for a long time. If he's healthy and they have to play through him rather than Meireles, it will take the pace out of their game.

Unread 13-05-2011, 08:25 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
united, chealsea and arsenal will be the main challengers, arsenal will fall away as usual. city will find the cl a distraction, much as spurs did this year.

This. Liverpool have improved greatly, signed well and Dalglish has done a very good job. They'll continue to improve, but they're some way off a title push. Too many teams above them who are further ahead in development and will also improve. I think Spurs are better than them too and are only behind them now due to CL commitments-which won't distract them next season. Having said all that, it's almost assumed that each team will improve each year because that's obviously everyone's aim, but one team usually ends up going backwards. Even if it's just for one season. This season it was Chelsea, last season it was Liverpool. Maybe it'll be us this season. Fifth, at best. Because our midfield is shit and Spurs are better.

Unread 13-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Agree with this. They'll have a better season than this one imo, but sustaining a title challenge takes so much out of teams and I can't see them sustaining it. Their squad is also pretty threadbare.

Unread 13-05-2011, 09:45 AM
toseeunited

Thumbs down Re: nip n tuck with the scouse

You've fallen into the scouse habit here of getting giddy on the dalgleash bandwagon.

As has been said already, he's "saved their season" this year, but starting in August and keeping that momentum up right through til May is a completely different challenge. One that he won't beat SAF at that's for sure.

Unread 13-05-2011, 09:45 AM
borsuk

liverpool are horribly dependent on suarez maintaining form as well, he's made a huge difference to them. that won't last for ever and defenders will get used to his style of play as well, the tricks won't be as effective when they do. all the same, this season has been an aberration, they should be a top four side pretty much every season, it will hardly be a surprise to see them back up there. but title winners? arf.

Unread 13-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Albert Tatlock

anyone running a book on when he'll quit ?

Unread 13-05-2011, 10:08 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

It's on!!

Unread 13-05-2011, 10:10 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

Size of squad may help City as Spurs had a bare IX some of whom weren't good enough. And assuming they move on Adebayor, SWP, Bellamy, Bridge and a few more that can strengthen.

Unread 13-05-2011, 05:49 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Good point.

Their pressing style is much more effective against the better sides who are trying to play through them. Lesser teams sit deeper and play it long out of the back; they don't want any time on the ball anyway, they want you to have to work to break them down. They don't currently have the key-unlockers who can do that.

Gerrard hasn't been the same for a long time. If he's healthy and they have to play through him rather than Meireles, it will take the pace out of their game.
i haven't seen anywhere near as much of that this season though. for my money teams pretty much all through the division have played with more %@#$&!s, home and away. with the possible exception of blackburn, i'd say its been a bit of a revolution in footballing terms. hence the tight situation we have going into the last 2 games.

city are pretty defensive also but they do have a bit of bite about them. liverpool seem to have lost that 'not to lose' mentality that they had under that porridge, benitez. i can't see city getting a sniff at the title for a long time yet. you only need to look at the moral within that squad and the manager. too many egos spoil the broth and the president is set by that scarf wearing smootch.

unless arsenal get on top of wengers one man march to create a new footballing ethos, the 5-a-side in HD tactic they will never get a trophy, let alone the title. 'arry looks like he's hit his wall with spurs too.

team spirit and a definate figure head - dalgleash- makes up some serious ground for those @#%&!s, if they buy right they have a chance of catching the others on the hop. like i said, fergie leaving apart, we don't really need to be concerned about anyone else. i just think a title fight with them is more likely than ever before, well in this era anyway.

Unread 13-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

probably quite easy for liverpool to get results atm seeing as thay had £#%&! all to lose .
the pressure of expectancy will be on them next season so thats them back to square one and dogleash resigning due to ill health .
Closed Thread