United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2011, 11:18 PM
elhombre

Default Re: MUTV - Worth signing up to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
i'd smash the £#%&! out of that... top drawer.

Unread 25-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Bral

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Should try get in the audience for Live at the Red Cafe then

Unread 25-04-2011, 11:28 PM
RedMenace

She's quality I've never seen her on MUTV though she must be fairly irregular. The Helen bird is ok, wouldn't say no but this Sarah one is much nicer.

Unread 26-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Crumps

Quote:

Unread 26-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Bral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

Unread 26-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
My thought exactly Bral, my thoughts exactly.

Unread 26-04-2011, 10:32 AM
dunk

I love it, the only issue tends to be the £#%&!ing #@&%!s that phone the call ins claiming to be United fans. £#%&!ing hell that can be painful.

Unread 26-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 26-04-2011, 11:39 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I love it, the only issue tends to be the £#%&!ing #@&%!s that phone the call ins claiming to be United fans. £#%&!ing hell that can be painful.
The phone-ins are awful! ...It's always the same people making the same points in a slightly eccentric way.

Apart from Stewart Gardener (who I think is excellent) the Presenters are all piss poor too. They're like £#%&!ing Blue Peter presenters. It's all so condescending & childish....very giddy at times.

In terms of the regular ex-players that are on, I like Lou best. Obviously Paddy is still good value - especially after the FA £#%&! us over (so at least half a dozen times a season or more) - Coley, Arthur Albiston, Maysie are all good.
Jimmy Greenhoff is still on from time to time too. I love how much he £#%&!ing hates the scousers.

It's a mixed bag & they don't show enough United games from the 80s, but it's just about worth having I'd say.

Unread 26-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Sloppy

Unread 26-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Bral

Cheers Mr. Slopps.
:mmmonkey:

Unread 26-04-2011, 12:08 PM
carlosartorial

I sacked it 3 or 4 years ago.

Absolutely shite.

Reading the comments on here, it doesn't sound like it's improved.

Unread 26-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Manchester

It's only £6 a month, which I think is worthwhile for watching the Reserves and the Academy.

Don't be a tight @#%&! and pay up

Unread 26-04-2011, 11:49 PM
elhombre

Quote:

Unread 27-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Even if she did mate, even if she did.

Unread 09-05-2011, 10:07 AM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
More poignant was the documentary Nicky Butt: From Gorton to Greatness, which might also have been called Nicky Butt: I'm Incredibly Depressed Now. Butt came across as a likable, ruminative, moping kind of figure, a leather-jacketed millionaire Alan Bennett drifting morosely about his own cavernous living room. "What you miss is the everyday. I've been doing a lot of golf. But nothing replaces it. You start to think – what's the purpose of life?" Later on he wandered around the deserted home dressing room looking sad and being really quiet for ages.
Sounds like Nicky Butt needs to get on the Twitter bantswagon with Gaz and Phil

Unread 09-05-2011, 10:53 AM
andyroo

Quote:
good piece by barney ronay on the guardian today

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...v-screen-break
[b]
... I turned to Liverpool's LFCTV to make some sense of it all and found an entire channel presented by just two people, a nice young man and a nice young woman who have the air of saintly rest-home care workers, their lives a matter of continually agreeing with gruff, uncompromising old men that everything about the past was much better.
That's brilliant.

Unread 09-05-2011, 12:30 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Rio was more zany and in truth a lot more like David Brent as he relentlessly bantered with every passerby, every mute and startled odd-job man. "This lot are nutters," he declared as he forcibly interrogated the kitchen staff.
Thought exactly that myself , all he needed was a cuddly toy to point at

Unread 09-05-2011, 12:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Thought exactly that myself , all he needed was a cuddly toy to point at
He was very good Rio, seems to have a great affection for everyone at the club. I imagine he is the type to be going around winding them all up everyday. I like the whole family atmosphere there is. You can almost imagine the kitchen staff or kit ladies at somewhere like Chelsea or City being ordered to avert their eyes when the players come in the room or some shit.

Unread 09-05-2011, 01:29 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He was very good Rio, seems to have a great affection for everyone at the club. I imagine he is the type to be going around winding them all up everyday. I like the whole family atmosphere there is. You can almost imagine the kitchen staff or kit ladies at somewhere like Chelsea or City being ordered to avert their eyes when the players come in the room or some shit.
Yeah it was enojayable to watch. Just unfortunate for him that all of the staff were too camera shy to show how 'nuts' they were
Closed Thread