United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2011, 11:14 AM
magic_cantona

Default Re: Scott Parker is Football Writers Player of the Year

£#%&!ing hilarious.He's had how many 'great' games this season?

Yes, he had a purple patch, when West Ham were doing alright.That lasted about 6 games ffs.

Unread 22-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
What has us being top and them being bottom got to do with it? It's about the player. Parker's had a very good season in a campaign where nobody has been particularly outstanding. Good luck to him. Oh, and does anyone really give a shit about the player awards? I honestly couldn't care less.
I think its got a lot to do with it tbh. The team at the top invariably has the best performers. I can't think of anyone that has had as good a season as Van Der Sar, Vidic, Nani or even Hernandez for example, and they are major factors in us being top.

All I'm hearing about Parker is that he's an 'inspiration'. How £#%&!ing inspirational can he be if his team are 19th and on the verge of relegation? Its not like he's dragged a team of cloggers to the European places. Might as well have given it to Charlie Adam ffs. 5 goals and 3 assists isn't particularly noteworthy either.

The decision just stinks of rewarding an English player for playing like an English player i.e. having limited technical ability but running around and shouting a lot. That is appreciated loads in this country for some reason.

Not that I could give a £#%&! either way though, but its pretty ridiculous how no United players even came close to any individual awards; let alone when the winners were £#%&!ing Gareth Bale and Scott Parker.

Unread 22-04-2011, 11:36 AM
red in cumbria

Genuinely laughable, but not surprising unfortunately.

Of course, hardly needs pointing out he plays for a Laandahn club, does it??

Unread 22-04-2011, 11:38 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I think its got a lot to do with it tbh. The team at the top invariably has the best performers. I can't think of anyone that has had as good a season as Van Der Sar, Vidic, Nani or even Hernandez for example, and they are major factors in us being top.

All I'm hearing about Parker is that he's an 'inspiration'. How £#%&!ing inspirational can he be if his team are 19th and on the verge of relegation? Its not like he's dragged a team of cloggers to the European places. Might as well have given it to Charlie Adam ffs. 5 goals and 3 assists isn't particularly noteworthy either.

The decision just stinks of rewarding an English player for playing like an English player i.e. having limited technical ability but running around and shouting a lot. That is appreciated loads in this country for some reason.

Not that I could give a £#%&! either way though, but its pretty ridiculous how no United players even came close to any individual awards; let alone when the winners were £#%&!ing Gareth Bale and Scott Parker.
While I appreciate the best teams have the best players and are therefore likely to outperform 'lesser' players, it still doesn't back up some people's idea that if a team is shit then how come a player in that team can win. It's not judging it on the correct merits. I don't think Parker has been the outstanding player this season, but i also don't think it's a ridiculous award. And Let's be honest, most are complaining on here just because it's not gone to a united player. Can anyone name an opposition player they think is worthy of it this year? No one has really stood out this year. There hasn't been a Rooney of last year, or a Ronaldo of seasons before. To think Torres missed out a few years back, if that was this year, he'd walk it. Like i said earlier though, it really doesn't matter. I think i'd rather have the league, you know.

Unread 22-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Sparky***

Scott parker has been very good for west ham this season.

Unread 22-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
And Let's be honest, most are complaining on here just because it's not gone to a united player.
I certainly am.

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:02 PM
waynes ear's

he is utter £#%&!ing shit

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:46 PM
taff

the number of votes each journalist is allowed are allocated by order of fatness

Unread 22-04-2011, 01:52 PM
red in cumbria

West Ham are 19th in the table, ffs

Has a player from a relegated club ever got one of these awards before??

Unread 22-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Rhodzy

Really? rofl

Dalglish had it right tbf
Quote:
Kenny Dalglish; Liverpool, 1979 and 1983 - Vidic. "I like the claims of Luca Modric, but believe the player of the year should be part of a team, and inspire a team, that is winning something. So you look at Arsenal and Manchester United. For Arsenal, Van Persie and Fabregas haven’t played a full season, so you have to look at United. Hernandez has made a massive impact in a short space of time and scored an amazing amount of goals from few starts but, again, hasn’t played enough games. So I’m going for Vidic, because he has been a leader, and kept the captain’s armband even when Ferdinand returned. He has also played a vital role in the development of Smalling, and has already helped turn him into a top class Premier League performer."

Unread 22-04-2011, 02:08 PM
armchair

mediocrity rewarded, who's next pip?

Unread 22-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Zorg

My team of the year:

Mereiles Parker

Unread 22-04-2011, 02:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Hey I think everyone's forgetting his Dunkirk speech at half time. Means so much more than footballing ability.
That's why he's won the award. Nobody really gave a £#%&! about Parker before Carlton Cole credited him with inspiring their second-half performance at West Brom. Personally, I took Cole's words as a not too subtle dig at Arvam Grant, but before you knew it Parker had been named Player of the Month and this end result was almost inevitable. Scott Parker the best player in the league this season

Unread 22-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Hopefuly he'll inspire West Ham to victory against Chelsea this weekend, as he has on so many occasions this year

Unread 22-04-2011, 02:33 PM
JakeB

He's absolutely worshiped at Upton Park, man of the match every game (helped by the rest of the squad being so utterly crap and lazy). No doubt the London based journalists really get a sense for that attitude towards him down here and are influenced by it. Plus he played well in an England game

Have to say I am utterly amazed it didn't go to Bale after the media spending the whole season hyping him up to world player of the year status.

Unread 22-04-2011, 02:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
As if hes even been better than Essien or Fabregas..
Essien has been a shadow of his former self this year.

Unread 22-04-2011, 02:42 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
a shit player playing above his level
Tbh, I could see a person disputing his worthiness for an award of this magnitude, but to call him "shit" is just not true. Sorry, but it's just not.

Unread 22-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Essien has been a shadow of his former self this year.
which is still a level above Parker.

Unread 22-04-2011, 02:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
which is still a level above Parker.
Game of opinions. That's why we love it.

Unread 22-04-2011, 02:52 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That's why he's won the award. Nobody really gave a £#%&! about Parker before Carlton Cole credited him with inspiring their second-half performance at West Brom. Personally, I took Cole's words as a not too subtle dig at Arvam Grant, but before you knew it Parker had been named Player of the Month and this end result was almost inevitable. Scott Parker the best player in the league this season
don't forget his performance of the century for the three lions
Closed Thread