Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Zorg

Default Re: Team v Barca - The Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
bebe to break their hearts in injury time, yhihf
He's going to tell Pique he's not interested?

Unread 27-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Neo

Thumbs up Re: Team v Barca - The Official Thread

Quote:
bebe to break their hearts in injury time, yhihf
We've been practicing the injury time Bebe winner here.

Giggs and Scholes over the free-kick.

Barca won't know what's hit them.

Unread 27-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Chicharito is favourite to start, but personally I'd favour the extra body in midfield from a defensive perspective, and a better focus on widening the pitch and attacking down the flanks (particularly in behind Dani Alves) from an attacking perspective. I'd like to see Evra and Rafael take part in our approach play too, which is more likely with that extra coverage in the middle.

Of course, what matters most is that we're up for it this time. Fold like we did in Rome and tactics won't mean a thing.
i see this exploiting the space behind their full-backs (pulling their centrebacks apart etc) malarkey as a bit of a myth. in theory it seems obvious. but in practice the passers need time on the ball which may not be available. it's an option, not a strategy in itself basically. if you look at the rome final the thing that stands out the most is the succession of failed attempts from rushed or over-hasty midfielders to give the ball the field behind their full-backs. i see a potential problem of endless hollywood passes from rooney too as he desperately tries to get in the game. the space in behind evra will be more interesting, depending on specific instructions on messi. wichever way, i see chess. hopefully they'll all cross the white line and just lose themselves and try and play football. united have been a bit goal-shy during this so-called flourishing front pairing in all honesty. tomorrow night that could be a key factor in the starting line-up. or they could deliver big-time. can't wait.

Unread 27-05-2011, 08:10 PM
dunk

Lets play Berbatov

& Ravvers on the bench, in case of emergencies

Unread 27-05-2011, 08:22 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Lets play Berbatov

like in case one of their back four needs shanked?

Unread 27-05-2011, 08:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
like in case one of their back four needs shanked?
Preeeecisely

Unread 27-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Sloppy

I can see fletcher starting.Missing out on the last final i just think he will give him a start and have him following messi.

Unread 27-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
see if you can get hold of any of our recent games against chelsea, well worth a watch.
yes because barca's midfield are a bunch of lumbering oafs just like chelsea's right?

Unread 27-05-2011, 11:02 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yes because barca's midfield are a bunch of lumbering oafs just like chelsea's right?
it is much the same midfield that got battered by chelsea in the 09 semi

before somehow getting through, and then being anointed the greatest team ever

Unread 27-05-2011, 11:44 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
no, because whoever you're playing park is not 'the timid and gutless option'

Unread 27-05-2011, 11:50 PM
MUFC One Love

£#%&!ing hell Sparky, what is wrong with you?

You make out we're utter shite and Barca will definitely destroy us. They only took Madrid apart when Madrid went down to 10 men and at the Nou Camp Madrid had chances, and you could argue Madrid had a goal wrongly dissallowed, when it was 0-0 on the night as well, wasn't it?

Unread 28-05-2011, 07:27 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Lets play Berbatov

This is so crazy it just might work - they don't know what he's capable of

Unread 28-05-2011, 08:11 AM
rebelcountyred

we should go with the team that beat arsenal in the cup, six at the back, that would flumox them.

Unread 28-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Mr_Ed

Shit I'm nervous!!

Unread 28-05-2011, 10:23 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Shit I'm nervous!!
glad I've got cricket this afternoon - largely take my mind off it for 7 hours, that said it's £#%&!ing dark in Leeds, hope it doesn't rain!
Closed Thread