United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2011, 02:19 PM
when the seagulls

Default Re: More outrage as SAF disgraces himself and league integrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Rodwell is easily one of the best young midfielders coming through and he definitely does have that look of a player that would thrive at Utd. The difference between a player plying their trade in a mid table team to then being elevated to play (and train) with higher calibre players can be huge.

Wilshire last year looked like a good, if not spectacular, player in a reasonable Bolton side. This year he's looked to be at the very least on a par with Arsenal's massively over rated captain.

Even Valencia when he was at Wigan looked like a good performer but certainly didn't make anyone wet their pants. Now he looks like one of the best wide players in world football.
Good point well made!

Unread 13-05-2011, 03:32 PM
DuanePipe

Default Re: More outrage as SAF disgraces himself and league integrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
i second that, trying to squirm his way in with compliments about our players.

worse than newsie and her avatar imo.
I could gladly provide a critique of Gibson from his time at Wolves to counter said compliments.

Something like this...

"It's in their half, £#%&! it I'll shoot."

*crowd groans*

the end.

Bringing the point about Rodwell full circle - put Gibson in a quality team and he can be a functional if not stand out midfielder. Put a genuinely talented young midfielder in the same team and you could see him go from a £10m player to a £25m player in the space of a season.
Closed Thread