United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not many of the players who have been playing for the last few months have a prayer at old trafford imo.

King probably won't make it and he is one of the better ones.
have to agree tbf. nowhere near first team level

Unread 11-05-2011, 09:17 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not many of the players who have been playing for the last few months have a prayer at old trafford imo.

King probably won't make it and he is one of the better ones.
Wouldn't write off King and Petrucci yet or Vermijl given it's his first season but the rest on show tonight are unlikely to make it.

Unread 11-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Wouldn't write off King and Petrucci yet or Vermijl given it's his first season but the rest on show tonight are unlikely to make it.
i think that's what he was saying tbh. just saying the majority weren't good enough

Unread 11-05-2011, 09:25 PM
RedMenace

Yeah I initially took it up as "none of the players" for some reason. Apologies Coracao-ers. Anyhow point remains that they're the only ones with any decent chance IMO.

Unread 11-05-2011, 09:26 PM
andyroo

What age is Vermijl, I thought he was still pretty young. He might make it, good on the ball but still very frail physically.

Unread 11-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Coracao

I don't see anything in vermijl. Would need huge improvement.

Petrucci, has barely played at united. No one can really call that one.

King is a good player with ridiculous competition in front of him. And Will Keane coming up. Hard to see where he fits in.

Unread 11-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
What age is Vermijl, I thought he was still pretty young. He might make it, good on the ball but still very frail physically.
Must be 19 or approaching. Wasn't eligible for academy.

Unread 11-05-2011, 09:36 PM
dunk

Amos will be 3rd keeper for next season at least I imagine
Vermijl only arrived last summer and is only 18/19, he's done alright for me.
Gill getting better but won't make it at OT
Wootten is very highly rated from what I can tell, not sure he'll make it though
Rafael has got a chance I reckon
Reece Brown has done alright in midfield, better in defence probably be persevered with and is only 19
Norwood won't make it, decent passing range and dead ball ability but too small and will probably struggle in the lower leagues
Fletcher will be around for a bit yet
Brady is a good strong player, cracking left peg, if he could just avoid injury and suspension and get some football he might have a chance
King needs to be playing at a higher level, got potential and I'd like to think he'd make it but not many strikers do
Obertan will be very good for somebody, somewhere, one day. Not us though, gone in the summer
Petrucci needs time after his injury setbacks, looks a bit slow to me, but difficult to judge him atm
Ajose has come on brilliantly in the last 18 months, will leave this summer I imagine
Cofie has a cracking first half of the season, been injured since Jan, still playing youth football, got a chance

Unread 11-05-2011, 09:37 PM
RedMenace

They paid decentish money for Vermijl so they must see something. I think he's 19. I don't know I just think King's pace and strength make him a maybe at the moment, he can play on the wing and can finish too. Been involved with the first team a few times this season. I think Will Keane may struggle as he moves up tbh. Macheda will be sold and Owen will leave I reckon pushing one of he or King up the pecking order though behind Welbeck obviously. Time will tell.

Unread 11-05-2011, 09:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
They paid decentish money for Vermijl so they must see something. I think he's 19. I don't know I just think King's pace and strength make him a maybe at the moment, he can play on the wing and can finish too. Been involved with the first team a few times this season. I think Will Keane may struggle as he moves up tbh. Macheda will be sold and Owen will leave I reckon pushing one of he or King up the pecking order though behind Welbeck obviously. Time will tell.
He's one I don't think will struggle. Doesn't rely on any particular attribute other than his brain which can be a very good thing.

Unread 11-05-2011, 09:41 PM
RedMenace

Maybe you're right dunk I don't know I just think he doesn't have all that much to his game and is a tad slow but he knocks them in at a fair rate so that's a good start. Fergie is a fan apparently but then he seemed to love Macheda too.

Unread 11-05-2011, 09:44 PM
andyroo

Keane's a very different kind of player to Macheda. There's something a bit Solskjaeresque about him.

Unread 11-05-2011, 10:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I hate to say it, but Oliver Gill is coming on in leaps and bounds
Yep, he has it in him to play football at a high level - even if not for us
Closed Thread