http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...oannoucem ent

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:07 PM
20 times

What a day

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Denis Irwell

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:19 PM
Sapien

1 year extension with an option for a further year? Doesn't say who holds the option though. Not exactly an overwhelming long term commitment. Probably makes sense for both parties given their histories I guess.

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:19 PM
red in cumbria

Well, its not just politics where a month is a bloody long time eh

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:20 PM
Clarkie

"That's it José, big smile. Everybody's happy"

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:21 PM
dunk

‪Gone within 12 months, as with just about every other contract extension he has ever signed.‬

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:22 PM
puressence

What a great week. ... 2nd of three signings this January

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

1 year extension?

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:29 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
What a great week. ... 2nd of three signings this January

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
1 year extension?
It makes sense just having one or two year extensions as you never know how things pan out

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Siders meltdown (again) in 3......2.....1
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=60

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That said, as much as I don’t have any love for Mou or faith in the logic or reasoning of the club, if they still believe in Mourinho then surely in theory the best idea would be to offer him a reduced extension, say maybe one year, which would give him two years left and essentially mean he’s halfway through.

Then back him again in the market and tell him he just has to compete for the title next year. No excuses, no complaining about City’s spending, just do what you came here to do and compete for a title.

I don’t think he could really have any complaints. He wasn’t hired to beat Southampton in Carling Cup finals; after £300m spent the results progress doesn’t distract from how mediocre a side we really look. This is a huge challenge at a crucial point of his career.

What would concern me most would be the club just giving in and offering him a long-term contract out of fear or lack of other ideas. Even many of his fans are concerned he doesn’t warrant quite that much trust or dependence. Let him earn his future here; again - he needs us as much if not more than we need him.
Smells like sage.

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Switching Off

Been a great week, especially the parts where no football has been played

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:51 PM
waynes ear's

great news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Been a great week, especially the parts where no football has been played
be funny if they manage to £#%&! up tomorrow night and ruin every MUFC fans weekend, except the press and everyone else around the globe obvz

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
1 year extension with an option for a further year? Doesn't say who holds the option though. Not exactly an overwhelming long term commitment. Probably makes sense for both parties given their histories I guess.
Usually means if both agree to it.

This is an example of a surprisingly intelligent piece of decision making by the club. I’m quite shocked

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

This is an example of a surprisingly intelligent piece of decision making by the club. I’m quite shocked
You're shocked they done what you wanted them to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
‪Gone within 12 months, as with just about every other contract extension he has ever signed.‬
Alright Sparky, relax

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
You're shocked they done what you wanted them to do?
Absolutely. As outlined in the first line about not having any faith in their logic.

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:59 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Certainly an improvement from Woody on giving Moyes a 6 year contract

6 year contract

Good decision by Jose and the club
Removes any uncertainty and speculation next season
Closed Thread