United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:27 PM
MJ Ramone

Exclamation Team for tomorrow

Kuszazck (Fergie has said he might rest VDS...although I'd rather he didn't )

Fabio
Rio
Vidic
Evra (Evans or O'Shea I guess if he aint fit)

Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Valencia

Rooney
Pea

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:31 PM
JakeB

Default Re: Team for tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Kuszazck (Fergie has said he might rest VDS...although I'd rather he didn't )

Fabio
Rio
Vidic
Evra (Evans or O'Shea I guess if he aint fit)

Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Valencia

Rooney
Pea
Kusczcak is a back up keeper, Nani has been off form, Valencia isn't famous enough, Fabio's got curly hair, Rooney's losing his. WEAKENED SIDE. FA charge by 1800 hours tomorrow evening.

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:33 PM
armchair

no way carrick and valencia will start or rooney or pea aamof

or rio or evra

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Gashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Kusczcak is a back up keeper, Nani has been off form, Valencia isn't famous enough, Fabio's got curly hair, Rooney's losing his. WEAKENED SIDE. FA charge by 1800 hours tomorrow evening.
Points docked. Chelsea win title on GD.

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:37 PM
BarryX

Kuz (if VDS is rested)
Rafael Smalling Vidic Evra
Nani Gibson Carrick Park
Rooney Berbs

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:38 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gashman
Points docked. Chelsea win title on GD.
Plus, imo, Fabio and Rafael look a bit TOO similar for mine and the FA's liking, and shall receive a 5 match ban

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:41 PM
The Return of JC

I got no problem with Krusty and he deserves to play again before he goes.

I think we'll see:

Krusty

Fabio
Smalling
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Anderson
Carrick
Nani

Rooney
Hernandez

I think it'll be a draw. 1-1. Blackburn to score first.

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Withers

Don't believe he will rest a load of players.

We haven't won it yet. Play strongest team tomorrow then they have two weeks rest before the final.

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Time For Heroes

Think we'll play a strong side, no point in resting people now, we're only playing once a week. Players will go rusty if they don't play for two weeks at this stage of the season.

Nutsack
Raffers
Rioers
Vidders
Fabbers

Nanners
Scholsers
Anders
Parkers

Berbers
Rooners

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:43 PM
JakeB

I can't see Fergie resting players for this game when he most likely will rest even more for the Blackpool game. It would just be inviting a media/FA shit storm, not that it needs inviting.

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:48 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
I can't see Fergie resting players for this game when he most likely will rest even more for the Blackpool game. It would just be inviting a media/FA shit storm, not that it needs inviting.
He'll rest one or two. But it's mainly rotation, which is what he does all season. To play his 'strongest side', he'd have to name an unchanged side and he's only done that once in the last 27 years.

It's all bullshit. It'll be a United side with United players and that's all that should matter to anyone.

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Ginners

PIG

rafael
evans
smalling
fabio

nani
fletcher
gibson
anderson
park

berbs

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Stickman

VDS

Vidic

Valencia Giggs

Rooney

Pea

2-0 utd

Unread 13-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Sloppy

Unread 13-05-2011, 01:10 PM
red in cumbria

The PiG thing is so that VDS can have his league "farewell" at home the following week, I guess

Apart from that, it will be the strongest side we can put out, pretty much.

Unread 13-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Strong team for Blackburn game

Sir Alex will travel to Ewood Park on Saturday with an almost fully fit squad at his disposal.
The Reds need just one point to seal a record 19th English league title and the boss says there are “no new injuries” in the United camp.
He did concede, however, that he may rest Edwin van der Sar against Blackburn.
“Given the programme he’s been through in the last few weeks, this may be an opportunity to give him a break,” Sir Alex said. “They’ve all been important games.”
Javier Hernandez, on the other hand, is still fresh, despite speculation in the press recently that the Mexican striker was in danger of suffering fatigue. Hernandez barely got a rest last summer after featuring in the World Cup and then joining United’s pre-season tour shortly afterwards. This summer he also has international commitments, at the Gold Cup in the United States.
“There’s no suggestion that there’s any tiredness with Hernandez,” the manager said. “We’ll keep monitoring it. If we get the result tomorrow he’ll get his rest next Sunday. If we don’t then he’ll play next Sunday.
“There are opportunities to rest him in the early part of next season. We’ll give him a good rest after the Gold Cup.

One man also set to figure at some point on Saturday is Darren Fletcher.
“He played over an hour on Wednesday [for the Reserves]. These kinds of games will hopefully bring him to the level for the final of a European Cup.
“Hopefully he gets a bit tomorrow, some more on Monday for the Reserves and again against Blackpool next Sunday. There’s also Gary Neville’s testimonial game.
“There are opportunities to increase his fitness so we’ve got to give him the chance. He’s back training every day. He’s over his virus – it’s just a matter of getting that strength and speed to his game. He’s got the desire to do it.”
While United need only a point against Blackburn and Sir Alex admits he may rest Edwin van der Sar for the trip to Ewood Park, the Reds boss insists he isn’t taking the game lightly.
“We must approach the game the right way and play our strongest team. It’s always a difficult game and Blackburn are fighting [to stay up]. They probably need a point. They'll be trying their utmost to get that point or even beat us. We must put in the same effort.
"It’s a hard game for both teams but we go there with confidence after last Sunday’s win over Chelsea which was a great performance by us and we need another like that.”

link

Unread 13-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Strong team for Blackburn game

Sir Alex will travel to Ewood Park on Saturday with an almost fully fit squad at his disposal.
The Reds need just one point to seal a record 19th English league title and the boss says there are “no new injuries” in the United camp.
He did concede, however, that he may rest Edwin van der Sar against Blackburn.
“Given the programme he’s been through in the last few weeks, this may be an opportunity to give him a break,” Sir Alex said. “They’ve all been important games.”
Javier Hernandez, on the other hand, is still fresh, despite speculation in the press recently that the Mexican striker was in danger of suffering fatigue. Hernandez barely got a rest last summer after featuring in the World Cup and then joining United’s pre-season tour shortly afterwards. This summer he also has international commitments, at the Gold Cup in the United States.
“There’s no suggestion that there’s any tiredness with Hernandez,” the manager said. “We’ll keep monitoring it. If we get the result tomorrow he’ll get his rest next Sunday. If we don’t then he’ll play next Sunday.
“There are opportunities to rest him in the early part of next season. We’ll give him a good rest after the Gold Cup.

One man also set to figure at some point on Saturday is Darren Fletcher.
“He played over an hour on Wednesday [for the Reserves]. These kinds of games will hopefully bring him to the level for the final of a European Cup.
“Hopefully he gets a bit tomorrow, some more on Monday for the Reserves and again against Blackpool next Sunday. There’s also Gary Neville’s testimonial game.
“There are opportunities to increase his fitness so we’ve got to give him the chance. He’s back training every day. He’s over his virus – it’s just a matter of getting that strength and speed to his game. He’s got the desire to do it.”
While United need only a point against Blackburn and Sir Alex admits he may rest Edwin van der Sar for the trip to Ewood Park, the Reds boss insists he isn’t taking the game lightly.
“We must approach the game the right way and play our strongest team. It’s always a difficult game and Blackburn are fighting [to stay up]. They probably need a point. They'll be trying their utmost to get that point or even beat us. We must put in the same effort.
"It’s a hard game for both teams but we go there with confidence after last Sunday’s win over Chelsea which was a great performance by us and we need another like that.”
Thats in March isn't it ?

Unread 13-05-2011, 01:42 PM
carlosartorial

Haven't considered football all week - still basking in the afterglow of Chelsea.

If Blackburn won tomorrow I think I might literally die of fright.

Unread 13-05-2011, 01:48 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: Team for tomorrow

VDS
Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Fabio
Carrick
Anderson
Valencia
Nani
Rooney
Berbatov

Unread 13-05-2011, 01:49 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

If Blackburn won tomorrow I think I might literally die of fright.

"And at number 14 we have nineteen by paul hardcastle"
Closed Thread