United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Mr Kaboom

Heard the interview and he was mumbling something about fans not liking him because he's arrived from a team from Liverpool .

Unread 26-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Knockers

Since when did this dome-headed old @#%&! have the casting vote on things at United?

Anyone go to the apollo meeting in 05 re the glazers? Someone mentioned charlton and this lad stood up and said me and my son haven't missed a united game in 20 years and have sweated blood for tickets, we're what united are about, not charlton - he got a standing ovation. Now he's being treated like ayatollah khomeini.

Unread 26-03-2014, 08:07 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

love sir bob and all that stuff etc nicey nice - but he's like one of the more sprightly men you'd see in an old folks home tbverging on incoherent - and he has major say at MUFC:shakehead:No wonder utd on £#%&!ed on the pitch.

Unread 26-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Has no qualification whatsoever to have a say. Thinks he owns the £#%&!in club because he was a "survivor". Sorry Robert, good a player as you were, great player actually, but you've done pretty well out of the club but do us a favour. How much do you need to take with you? You've done alright so £#%&! off. Saddens me to say it but he shouldn't be here any more.

Awful replay of the post-Busby years and will get worse because of noses in the trough.

Unread 26-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Has no qualification whatsoever to have a say. Thinks he owns the £#%&!in club because he was a "survivor". Sorry Robert, good a player as you were, you've done pretty well out of the club but do us a favour. How much do you need to take with you? You've done alright so £#%&! off. Saddens me to say it but he shouldn't be here any more.
This is my point though - when has he had a say before now? I don't remember him having anything to do other than getting wheeled out every now and again for something ambassadorial. I thought he just sat in south stand with his miserable trout of a wife and stupid £#%&!ing hats. Now he's pulling the strings? Don't get it.

Unread 26-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Since when did this dome-headed old @#%&! have the casting vote on things at United?

Anyone go to the apollo meeting in 05 re the glazers? Someone mentioned charlton and this lad stood up and said me and my son haven't missed a united game in 20 years and have sweated blood for tickets, we're what united are about, not charlton - he got a standing ovation. Now he's being treated like ayatollah khomeini.

Spot on , always though he was had his head in the trough the miserable @#%&!

Unread 26-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
This is my point though - when has he had a say before now? I don't remember him having anything to do other than getting wheeled out every now and again for something ambassadorial. I thought he just sat in south stand with his miserable trout of a wife and stupid £#%&!ing hats. Now he's pulling the strings? Don't get it.
How is he pulling the strings? Because a few people on an internet forum say so?

It's pretty well known that Charlton has £#%&! all to do with any decision making at the club. He's just an ambassador with an honorary title.

I'd imaging the only reason he spoke out against Mourinho at the start was because Fergie asked him to. Now he's just towing the company line of "we give managers time".

Unread 26-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucalyptus
so a 76 year old man cowers under the powers to be?

you are telling me he has less %@#$&!s than cruyff or beckenbauer...two men who not only were better players but better managers and they happen to let the world know when something is wrong at their clubs that they don't like?
What has %@#$&!s got to do with it? The club probably hasn't felt that its needed a football director for some time as Fergie did all of that when he was a manager. Now that Fergie's retired he's assumed that role.

Unread 26-03-2014, 10:48 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
How is he pulling the strings? Because a few people on an internet forum say so?

It's pretty well known that Charlton has £#%&! all to do with any decision making at the club. He's just an ambassador with an honorary title.

I'd imaging the only reason he spoke out against Mourinho at the start was because Fergie asked him to. Now he's just towing the company line of "we give managers time".
he carries a certain amount of credibility and his opinion carries some weight. Im sure if he wanted to put the knife in Moyes's back the Glazers would take note.

Unread 26-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
he carries a certain amount of credibility and his opinion carries some weight. Im sure if he wanted to put the knife in Moyes's back the Glazers would take note.
I'm not convinced. I'd imagine it'd look a bit like this:

Unread 26-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Child of Darkness

charlton is just a company man - he will tow what ever line they want him too , he wont deviate from it one jot and he wont voice an opinion away from the status quo and he never has - what did he say about the glazers FFS ? ...nothing .

even david gill came out against them fer christs sake .

Unread 26-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Surfers do Charlie

The Glazers aren't sentimental.

They're as likely to listen to Charlton as they are to organise supporters forums to shape their future investment plans.

Unread 26-03-2014, 01:44 PM
doudou

The second the sponsors get twitchy he's finished. Look at what happened with KKK and Suárez - Standard chartered get on the phone and humiliating climbdown ensues

Unread 26-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
The second the sponsors get twitchy he's finished. Look at what happened with KKK and Suárez - Standard chartered get on the phone and humiliating climbdown ensues
Good point.

We need magic to get on the phone pretending to be the CEO of Mister Potato.

Unread 26-03-2014, 02:33 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Good point.

We need magic to get on the phone pretending to be the CEO of Mister Potato.
Sounds like a job for magic cantona.

Unread 26-03-2014, 04:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Like he said

Unread 26-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo