United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Neo

If we could merge the good parts of Welbeck and Hernandez into one player we'd have a world-class striker.

Welbeck just needs to learn how to finish, and Hernandez just needs to learn how to play football, so we might get two.

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
[/b]

Thats just stupid. as said his 21, still a bit raw but is constantly getting in to scoring positions and is a hand full to pick up/mark. his finishing will come.

and he's from manchester, which is a damn sight more than most of the @#%&!s on here can say
guilty as charged on the last bit... would love him to make it with United for that reason alone. I just don't see it, but I'd be absolutely delighted if he proved me wrong

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
All strikers miss chances. RvP has already missed a couple of real sitters this season.

It's just that Welbeck's misses are kind of hilarious/disastrous, so his finishing seems worse than it really is. RvP and/or Rooney shoot & miss, whereas Welbeck kicks the ground/falls over/misses entirely etc.
He has also scored quite a few.. Danny seems to miss more than most, seeing his job is to score them. As I say, nice lad etc but he is no mark Hughes . How old was George best how old was Ronaldo ? Don't think age comes in to it tbh.

Unread 20-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Andy Cole was being loaned to 3rd division Fulham at Welbeck's age, after barely getting a game let alone a goal at Arsenal.

Fulham are in the Premier League pal. :shakehead:

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
How old was George best how old was Ronaldo ?
Um...I don't know. You have to tell me when.

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Ethers

Quote:
@#%&!

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:04 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
If we could merge the good parts of Welbeck and Hernandez into one player we'd have a world-class striker.

Welbeck just needs to learn how to finish, and Hernandez just needs to learn how to play football, so we might get two.
more likely would get someone who couldn't finish and was always £#%&!ing offside.

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Spock

People keep saying he's only 21? So what. By that age you either can or can't. (rooney) He can't and keeps falling on his arse constantly to disguise the fact, I hope he comes good but not going to keep my fingers crossed

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Grimson

Quote:
I hope he comes good but not going to keep my fingers crossed
Don't blame you, it may take a few years and that's no way to go through life.

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Spock

Quote:
Um...I don't know. You have to tell me when.
When what?

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Ethers

Quote:
People keep saying he's only 21? So what. By that age you either can or can't. (rooney) He can't and keeps falling on his arse constantly to disguise the fact, I hope he comes good but not going to keep my fingers crossed
You brought up Andy Cole.

At 21, could he or couldn't he?

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Grimson

Quote:
When what?
That's what I'm asking you. You asked how old they were. Were. Past tense.

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:19 PM
jem

who's on first base?

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
You brought up Andy Cole.

At 21, could he or couldn't he?
I didn't actually, bcred did, my point was cole was a proven striker when we got him. Welbeck is not and looks light years away from being one. I truly hope he kicks on and becomes one, but at present he looks unlikely to do that IMO obviously

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
who's on first base?
Spock's killing me here.

'Hey, remember George Best? How old was he?'

'Uh, he was 59 when he died.'

'No, not when he died. How old was he when, you know, he did the thing I'm being vague about?'

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:27 PM
ziggyman17

Shearer was scoring £#%&! all goals at 21 years of age and he did'nt turn out too bad.. Welbeck is doing everything right except scoring goals, given time the goals will come..

Unread 20-10-2012, 10:29 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Spock's killing me here.

'Hey, remember George Best? How old was he?'

'Uh, he was 59 when he died.'

'No, not when he died. How old was he when, you know, he did the thing I'm being vague about?'
He did play for Fulham, maybe that's what's being referred to?

I don't remember Cristiano Ronaldo ever togging out for them though.

Spock

Quote:
I didn't actually, bcred did, my point was cole was a proven striker when we got him. Welbeck is not and looks light years away from being one. I truly hope he kicks on and becomes one, but at present he looks unlikely to do that IMO obviously
Quote:
That's what I'm asking you. You asked how old they were. Were. Past tense.
But I don't know, that's why I asked?

The Return of JC

Easy to forget how young he is with the strides he's made for club and country. He's 20 (?) And he's starting up front (more difficult than any other position on the pitch imo) for club and country. The mistakes he makes, his decision making at times, his inconsistency are all part of his learning process and typical of someone his age. In terms of his attitude and attributes, he's outstanding.

I think once the thrill of a youngster making an initial impact wears off, its easy to start picking holes, while forgetting he's still at least five years away from hitting his peak. He's learning and developing. In a couple of years, he'll be one of the best around.

In short, yes he is.
Closed Thread