United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 12-11-2023, 11:50 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
TV not showing replays of VAR check incidents like these is definitely on the increase for us - last week they did the same with a handball from a Bruno cross. The PL do their own production of international broadcasts don’t they? Until this week I assumed it was some Sky or BT skullduggery but this week has confirmed it goes further

Something fishy is going on. I watch enough non-United games and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a major incident such as you know, a push in the penalty area (particularly as it’s a fairly controversial topic after that pisstake city penalty), not be replayed on tv. We had it twice - and there are quite a few other examples this season and last
Even the usual biased commentary team were saying it’s going to be pulled back for a penalty before they even went for a check

Unread 12-11-2023, 02:17 PM
92ToBury

VAR reviews should have a time limit. If you can't tell in 30 seconds with the 4 angles you've got, it's not a clear and obvious mistake.

Unread 12-11-2023, 02:21 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92tobury
var reviews should have a time limit. If you can't tell in 30 seconds with the 4 angles you've got, it's not a clear and obvious mistake.
tar?

Unread 12-11-2023, 02:26 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
tar?
You're very welcome.

Unread 12-11-2023, 04:57 PM
Big Norm

Liverpool match today.

Unread 12-11-2023, 05:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Wasn’t that little £#%&! involved in a Rashford-style stamp (that also go away with) in midweek?

Unread 12-11-2023, 05:14 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Wasn’t that little £#%&! involved in a Rashford-style stamp (that also go away with) in midweek?
Yup.

Unread 12-11-2023, 05:18 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
That's horrendous ffs

Unread 12-11-2023, 07:43 PM
Zorg

Unread 12-11-2023, 08:21 PM
92ToBury

Contrversy Laden Analytical Process To Remove All Passion.

Unread 12-11-2023, 09:13 PM
CyrilSkeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i thought that when VAR came in that they would apply it evenly across the board.

How wrong I was.

In the last couple of seasons, and this one especially, it seems as if they're picking and choosing what they'll scrutinise and what they won't. Even if identical incidents happen, they're not even subject to to the same reviews.

There's an awful lot of making it up as they go along and far too much self justification.
There does seem to be some sort of subconscious threshold being administered for United games for what is or isn't given. The weekly contradictions of Dermot Gallagher et-al show this from the Sky Sports crew, backed up by the newspaper journos and seemingly feeding into the mindset of the refs and VAR cretins to avoid the former creating a shit storm about the decisions of the latter. The Hojlund penalty at Arse, Garnacho hand ball, the Maguire penalty shouts yesterday, the goals chalked off at Burnley and Fulham. All have been seen to be awarded in favour or not punished in detriment in recent weeks for other teams. The threshold seems to differ with it higher if in favour and lower when against. Whatever it is VAR is shit and needs binning.

Unread 13-11-2023, 05:10 PM
magic_cantona

Listen to how Dermot Gallagher explains away Citys penalty

Apparently, it's a penalty because "even though they're both 'at it' and Haaland starts the pulling, Cucarella keeps on hauling and pulling and doesn't let go"

Amazing. So Haaland fouls in the first instance but Dermot gives him a pass because 'he stops' - THE FOUL HAS ALREADY BEEN COMMITTED! Haaland stops because he's managed to get ahead of Cucarella. Also, the Scouser asks Dermot why there's been a few of these holding penalties given and some not and he says "Well, every situation is different" Not if they're the exact same fouls ffs. Then Dermot says "Right or wrong decision, I'm just glad the onfield referee did give it*, to save VAR having to make a decision Absolute nonsense.

*it's not verbatim but have a look anyway.

Unread 13-11-2023, 05:51 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Apparently, it's a penalty because "even though they're both 'at it' and Haaland starts the pulling, Cucarella keeps on hauling and pulling and doesn't let go"

Amazing. So Haaland fouls in the first instance but Dermot gives him a pass because 'he stops' - THE FOUL HAS ALREADY BEEN COMMITTED! Haaland stops because he's managed to get ahead of Cucarella. Also, the Scouser asks Dermot why there's been a few of these holding penalties given and some not and he says "Well, every situation is different" Not if they're the exact same fouls ffs. Then Dermot says "Right or wrong decision, I'm just glad the onfield referee did give it*, to save VAR having to make a decision Absolute nonsense.

https://youtu.be/_KZtyQnj9_k?si=HcRFTvgSMrKZLkvl
He then, when asked if the referee hadn’t given it, would vat have stored in and given if, says “No” because it wouldn’t have been a clear and obvious error. Completely contradictory to the city penalty against us.

You couldn’t redden the baldy little gimp’s neck with a blowtorch.

Unread 13-11-2023, 05:55 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

https://youtu.be/_KZtyQnj9_k?si=HcRFTvgSMrKZLkvl
They must do it on purpose to boil piss. It’s all entertainment to them. You have pundits like neville saying referees should be getting protection, managers shouldn’t be talking about them etc

Then you have sky sports bringing them in live matches and segments like the above. Almost like they’re part of the footballing spectacle now rather than simply to be as anonymous as possible and uphold the rules /laws of the game which is what they’re supposed to do .

All the apologies etc releasing of audio from VAR for the scousers , they’re effectively part of the sport now .

Unread 13-11-2023, 10:48 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
They must do it on purpose to boil piss. It’s all entertainment to them. You have pundits like neville saying referees should be getting protection, managers shouldn’t be talking about them etc

Then you have sky sports bringing them in live matches and segments like the above. Almost like they’re part of the footballing spectacle now rather than simply to be as anonymous as possible and uphold the rules /laws of the game which is what they’re supposed to do .

All the apologies etc releasing of audio from VAR for the scousers , they’re effectively part of the sport now .
Not to mention THE £#%&!ING HOWARD WEBB SHOW which I’m sure will surface again during this international break.

You’re 100% right - it’s just content generation. No one gives a toss about the sport itself, just keep the clicks a-comin’

Unread 14-11-2023, 02:06 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Not to mention THE £#%&!ING HOWARD WEBB SHOW which I’m sure will surface again during this international break.

You’re 100% right - it’s just content generation. No one gives a toss about the sport itself, just keep the clicks a-comin’
You’re right.

An entire show about surgical dissections of single refereeing/VAR decisions. £#%&! all to do with the sport of football, just so silly little peckers can argue the toss on social media/get involved/have your say/join the debate.

Complete toilet.

Unread 14-11-2023, 02:55 PM
puressence

Quote:

It’s tonight him and Micheal and the Newcastle / Arsenal voice recording. Wish they played that spurs handball the @#%&!s and the city foul.

Unread 14-11-2023, 09:43 PM
larry

Unread 14-11-2023, 10:00 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
It's a £#%&!ing racket this VAR shite. They needed three people to place a £#%&!ing line on someone's shoulder

Don't FIFA have an automated one for internationals that does it all almost instantly?

Too many people and companies getting their pockets lined with that absolute %@#$&!s.

Unread 14-11-2023, 10:10 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
It's a £#%&!ing racket this VAR shite. They needed three people to place a £#%&!ing line on someone's shoulder

Don't FIFA have an automated one for internationals that does it all almost instantly?

Too many people and companies getting their pockets lined with that absolute %@#$&!s.
As many in the var box as there are officiating on the pitch, checking the decision was all right, then going through anything else they can to see if they can find something that’s wrong. And yet, they don’t seem to be able to either see, or consider attacking players standing two feet in front of the keeper as ‘active’.

Shambles.

Not one to start rumours, but I’ve heard Hamas have headquarters under every Var box (or wherever they hang out) in Europe.