United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2016, 12:58 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I did - not sure why you wouldn't. Had a great track record, played exciting aggressive football, was successful in challenging Bayern in a very one tiered league. Easily in the top 10 sought after managers in the world.

More weird if you didn't admire him tbh.

It's obviously gone to shit so far which is very nice - but I'm sure the scouse are saying the same thing about van gaal yet people on here continue to defend him regardless. You did until Christmas.

So by all means please don't forget you perma hindsight celebrating waz.
Yeah, bit ott to suggest wanting Klopp was wrong. I'd have been buzzing about the potential had he taken over United, but there were also always plenty of reasons why it could go wrong for him in England and his struggles don't surprise me in the slightest.

English football right now is taking these intellectual, technical football managers and giving them a counter-attacking punch in the face.

Unread 10-02-2016, 01:00 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah, bit ott to suggest wanting Klopp was wrong. I'd have been buzzing about the potential had he taken over United, but there were also always plenty of reasons why it could go wrong for him in England and his struggles don't surprise me in the slightest.

English football right now is taking these intellectual, technical football managers and giving them a counter-attacking punch in the face.

Unread 10-02-2016, 01:02 AM
utd99

So Klopp hasn't turned Liverpool around in six months which means he's shit? C'mon now.

The cycle of judgement gets ever shorter.

Unread 10-02-2016, 01:04 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

You're right - pep might well struggle to adapt as well as has been pointed out by people far more informed than I am. Lvg clearly has. Klopp is doing too.

Genuinely makes you think.

Just glad that ric is so on the ball.

Unread 10-02-2016, 01:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
You're right - pep might well struggle to adapt as well as has been pointed out by people far more informed than I am. Lvg clearly has. Klopp is doing too.

Genuinely makes you think.

Just glad that ric is so on the ball.
Pep is in for a big shock. He's got defenders who aren't good at playing out from the back and a midfield that is nothing like what he wants. If his whole style can come together quickly it will be a hell of an achievement, even if he does spend big. Needs 4/5 top players imo.

Unread 10-02-2016, 01:17 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Needs 4/5 top players imo.
So do we pal.

Unread 10-02-2016, 01:23 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
So do we pal.
True. Very easy to forget a new goalkeeper to replace our best player will likely be on that list

Unread 10-02-2016, 03:36 AM
Stickman

Quote:
I did - not sure why you wouldn't. Had a great track record, played exciting aggressive football, was successful in challenging Bayern in a very one tiered league. Easily in the top 10 sought after managers in the world.

More weird if you didn't admire him tbh.

It's obviously gone to shit so far which is very nice - but I'm sure the scouse are saying the same thing about van gaal yet people on here continue to defend him regardless. You did until Christmas.

So by all means please don't forget you perma hindsight celebrating waz.
Advantage Keith

Unread 10-02-2016, 05:04 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Just clocked it this second. Had forgot it was on.

Paul Le Guen part deux..

Quote:
Pep is in for a big shock. He's got defenders who aren't good at playing out from the back and a midfield that is nothing like what he wants. If his whole style can come together quickly it will be a hell of an achievement, even if he does spend big. Needs 4/5 top players imo.
This, if you think our players struggled to adapt to LVG's style of play watching City could be pretty £#%&!ing hilarious. Bar De Buyne, Silva, Aguero and possibly Nasri they could do with a gut and a rebuild. They will fall foul of FFP nqat, not that they'll do owt particularly bad to them again.

Unread 10-02-2016, 07:10 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Unread 10-02-2016, 07:56 AM
puressence

ranting at moose on ts aswell

Unread 10-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
I could never warm to him. That £#%&!ing grin gets to me. Looks like someone who showed up drunk to the audition for an ABBA tribute band

Bunks was on the money about him

Yep, about 3 years ago

Unread 10-02-2016, 08:46 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Yep, about 3 years ago
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=17

Unread 10-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Sorry thought the discussion was about a bat shit loon, who would take the hero worship of the Kop and it utterley destroy him..

Unread 10-02-2016, 09:01 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Sorry thought the discussion was about a bat shit loon, who would take the hero worship of the Kop and it utterley destroy him..
Apology accepted.

Unread 10-02-2016, 09:08 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Was never my intention to touch a nerve pal. Just wanted to hear your side of things.

Unread 10-02-2016, 09:20 AM
believe

Quote:
Was never my intention to touch a nerve pal. Just wanted to hear your side of things.
All the cardie crew are at it. If they're not careful they'll be known as the backtracking crew before the season is out.

Unread 10-02-2016, 09:21 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Apology accepted.

Unread 10-02-2016, 04:38 PM
red in cumbria

Oh dear, I really have rattled the Klopp fanboyz on here
Closed Thread