United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2019, 06:54 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I bloody love, revisionism. Well yes he’d get in the team now but he wasn’t good enough then. Went to sleep far too often.
brilliant player

Unread 06-10-2019, 07:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
brilliant player
Don’t recall clamour to get him in the side at all when he was frozen out.

Brilliant is a massive stretch, he was never “brilliant” for us.

Unread 06-10-2019, 09:02 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Don’t recall clamour to get him in the side at all when he was frozen out.

Brilliant is a massive stretch, he was never “brilliant” for us.
Exactly, especially all this praise for him at centreback. Slow and ball watched far too often.

Unread 06-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Clownbones

We've sold a lot of crap in the last few years.

He's one I wished we hadn't.

Unread 06-10-2019, 09:27 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
We've sold a lot of crap in the last few years.

He's one I wished we hadn't.
I bet you weren’t really bothered at the time though....

Unread 06-10-2019, 09:32 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
I bet you weren’t really bothered at the time though....
Depends what you mean by 'bothered'

Did I volley the cat across the living room? No.

Did I think we should have kept him? Yes.

I dont think any one example of t#@&%! the squad is going to met with mad panic, but what some people call 'revisionism' could also simply be perspective.

When you consider where we are now and what we want to be: short in midfield, short at left back and with a manager who likes his players to pass and be comfortable on the ball, Blind could be useful now.

Unread 06-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Stickman

my point is he’s become better in hindsight as were even worse than when he was here.

Unread 06-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
my point is he’s become better in hindsight as were even worse than when he was here.
Yes, and I'm saying I dont really agree.

You're coming from the perspective of someone who didn't like him.

People that did are obviously going to think otherwise.

The so-called revisionist attitude could simply be a different assessment of the player.

Dont get me wrong, I wasn't losing any sleep over him leaving, but at the time, he wasnt one I wanted to see go and nothing has happened since to change that.

Unread 06-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Yes, and I'm saying I dont really agree.

You're coming from the perspective of someone who didn't like him.

People that did are obviously going to think otherwise.

The so-called revisionist attitude could simply be a different assessment of the player.

Dont get me wrong, I wasn't losing any sleep over him leaving, but at the time, he wasnt one I wanted to see go and nothing has happened since to change that.
To clarify, I liked the guy, seemed a great pro and good sort of bloke I just didn’t think he was a United player. Obviously the bar has again lowered since and If we had him now he definitely wouldn’t be one id be looking to move on. Our recruitment has been a shambles, I’d have kept Fellaini knowing what I know now.

Unread 06-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
To clarify, I liked the guy, seemed a great pro and good sort of bloke I just didn’t think he was a United player. Obviously the bar has again lowered since and If we had him now he definitely wouldn’t be one id be looking to move on. Our recruitment has been a shambles, I’d have kept Fellaini knowing what I know now.
Why would you...?

I mean, we've all moved on...

Unread 06-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Why would you...?

I mean, we've all moved on...
As awful as he was and probably still is on the eye, he would certainly be of use just now.

Unread 06-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
When he played a full season at centre back we had the best defence in the league ?

It isn't hindsight....

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:03 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
When he played a full season at centre back we had the best defence in the league ?

It isn't hindsight....
You mean that season we spend most games with ten men behind the ball very rarely getting out of our own half?

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Stickman

Ffs

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
As awful as he was and probably still is on the eye, he would certainly be of use just now.
Isnt that part of the problem though?

As long as we find a use for players like him, it stops us moving in the right direction in terms of style.

A big issue with many of the shit@#%&!s is that they make themselves just about useful enough to keep around.

We can't complain that the team has no discernable style or identity, but then keep players on just because they're occasionally useful.

That game at Southampton for example was crying out for a Lukaku or Fellaini, but that doesn't mean we should have kept them.

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You mean that season we spend most games with ten men behind the ball very rarely getting out of our own half?
Yep

He's gone on to win the league and cups and almost reach the champions League final aging every minute along the way..
He's probably in the top 5 centre backs in world football....

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:18 PM
utd99

Twice the left back Luke Shaw is.

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:19 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Never actually happened tbf.

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

It isn't hindsight....
Tbf we had an even better defence the season after without him at CB.

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Bunker Buster

If you don't rate Daley Blind you actually can't be helped....

Your opinion isn't to be trusted and you've probably not watched it played much football...
Closed Thread