United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The reason coaching is brought up is that it’s become more and more important in the modern game and watching us play it’s clear not enough work is being done on this side in training
patty b is out of his depth.

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:10 PM
utd99

Poor execution, poor form and lack of effort is 100% on the player. Poor organisation and positioning is coaching. Sorry, but it just is.

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:12 PM
dragflick

Anyone would think city looked a bit off the pace with not having much of a preseason like United...

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Poor execution, poor form and lack of effort is 100% on the player. Poor organisation and positioning is coaching. Sorry, but it just is.
Disorganisation and being caught out of position can be symptoms of lack of fitness tbh.

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:19 PM
Ethers

Quote:
£#%&! me, what utter drivel.

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:19 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Anyone would think city looked a bit off the pace with not having much of a preseason like United...
Just don't tell Sparky.

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:38 PM
Cream

If we had poor coaches we wouldn’t have had so many good results against better teams.

The tactical genius notion is a myth.

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger
Can definitely see Ole finishing ahead of both Klopp and Pep this season or next.
Pep at least is likely to have £#%&!ed off by mid-2022.

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:54 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
If we had poor coaches we wouldn’t have had so many good results against better teams.

Correct.

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger
Can definitely see Ole finishing ahead of both Klopp and Pep this season or next.
£#%&!ing hell.

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:09 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
It’s not. A lot of what goes wrong is basic stuff - tracking your man, looking behind you to check who’s unmarked etc. That’s not coaching, that’s concentration, fitness, mental awareness etc.

Our lot look off the pace - as did city today. A lack of physical and mental match fitness. Now I think there’s a valid question why we’re so behind a team like Brighton who looked brighter than us in every department.

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:14 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
£#%&! me, what utter drivel.
Oh £#%&!ing hell, look what’s crawled out from under its rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
It’s not. A lot of what goes wrong is basic stuff - tracking your man, looking behind you to check who’s unmarked etc. That’s not coaching, that’s concentration, fitness, mental awareness etc.

Our lot look off the pace - as did city today. A lack of physical and mental match fitness. Now I think there’s a valid question why we’re so behind a team like Brighton who looked brighter than us in every department.
How often do you see a new manager come into a struggling team and the first thing he does is sort them out defensively - take care of the organisational side? Same players, same team, look completely different? Nothing is black and white of course and I’ll never make excuses for a player switching off or a captain not taking control, but all game? Something has to change. We got battered.

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:25 PM
Ethers

Under its rock

Have you had a knock on the head or something? You only used to make a complete tit out of yourself every couple of weeks, you seem to be doing it on every football thread going at the moment, it’s weird.

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:28 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Under its rock

Have you had a knock on the head or something? You only used to make a complete tit out of yourself every couple of weeks, you seem to be doing it on every football thread going at the moment, it’s weird.
I did actually. Going up for a corner last week. Better get that checked out. Covered my man though.

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Or struggle against any team who stick 10 men behind the ball.

oh, hang on a minute...

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:49 PM
armchair

If we can get through the next few games I think we'll flourish.

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:53 PM
ScarFace

Seeing Jose today has boosted Ole 10x in my mind. Thank god it's not him we've got.

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
the forum or united?

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:55 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Seeing Jose today has boosted Ole 10x in my mind. Thank god it's not him we've got.
Weren't you slagging him off last week you £#%&!ing turncoat?

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:57 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
This. Just got to grind it out until we get up to speed. 2 or 3 new faces this week would be a huge filip
Closed Thread