United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:26 AM
Fat Al

OK. I have a question for the BBC.

What have you done with the real Alan Shearer & Ian Wright?

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:27 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I really don’t think they will. They’ll just see hands on the neck and say violent conduct. They don’t do context or nuance very well. And we run the risk of it being extended.
Well then why haven't they reviewed Ayew on Fred?

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:28 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
United shouldn’t have to appeal that, it should be overturned as an error. Poor and unfair use of VAR.
It’s the way they show the footage to the ref too. Let him watch the clip play out organically. They always do that ‘gif’ style loop of the offending act. It’s always going to look worse that way.

It’s like it intended to make them change their mind

“There! There! There! There!…”

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:29 AM
History

VAR was always going to do a shitty soft sending off after they did nothing for a spate of bad challenges in recent weeks.

They can never just find a nice middle ground of common sense decisions. 'Well this is what you wanted? Careful what you wish for' reeks of arrogance from fat failed morons.

Have to over correct constantly. Absolute idiots. It was so much easier to live with a refs on field decision tbh least you can argue genuine human error, instead we get this constantly for 3 years. Joy vacuums

They show a half a second moment from something that took place over 10 15 seconds with no further context. Literally creating their own narrative to decide violent conduct. Becoming no better than those losers who post screenshots of tackles on twitter.

Games gone etc...

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:30 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well then why haven't they reviewed Ayew on Fred?
Because his hands are on his neck for a longer amount of time. That’s what’s caught their eye.

It’s wrong, but they won’t overturn it. They won’t undermine the ref’s decision.

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
It’s the way they show the footage to the ref too. Let him watch the clip play out organically. They always do that ‘gif’ style loop of the offending act. It’s always going to look worse that way.

It’s like it intended to make them change their mind

“There! There! There! There!…”
That’s what I mean by poor and unfair use. The ref is seeing and judging based on what the VAR ref wants them to see, not a fair reflection of the incident. Similar to the problem with showing everything in slow mo. Just doesn’t tell the truth of a split second of play.

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:34 AM
armchair

What's happened to Isak? Is he just a tall Martial?

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:36 AM
andyroo

They didn't even show the Sabitzer one which was laughably given as a Crystal Palace free kick

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:37 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
That’s what I mean by poor and unfair use. The ref is seeing and judging based on what the VAR ref wants them to see, not a fair reflection of the incident. Similar to the problem with showing everything in slow mo. Just doesn’t tell the truth of a split second of play.
Yep. I don’t actually blame the ref based on what he’s shown. He’s just misled. Yet another one in the ‘cons’ column for VAR.

Having said that, it’s still stupid from Casemiro. Don’t put your hands anywhere near an opponents face ffs.

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
They didn't even show the Sabitzer one which was laughably given as a Crystal Palace free kick
That was £#%&!ing annoying.

Quote:
Yep. I don’t actually blame the ref based on what he’s shown. He’s just misled. Yet another one in the ‘cons’ column for VAR.

Having said that, it’s still stupid from Casemiro. Don’t put your hands anywhere near an opponents face ffs.
Why not? Palace @#%&!ted Martinez at their place, Johnson slapped Garnacho and even today Ayew slapped and grabbed Fred by the throat?

Oh, hang on.. yeah, sorry, you can only do it to United…

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:43 AM
ZiggyStardust

That Southampton manager is a proper weirdo

What an odd thing to say

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:45 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
That was £#%&!ing annoying.

Why not? Palace @#%&!ted Martinez at their place, Johnson slapped Garnacho and even today Ayew slapped and grabbed Fred by the throat?

Oh, hang on.. yeah, sorry, you can only do it to United…
Refs are clearly on pins with us. I don’t believe they’re deliberately out to get us, but they’re not daft. They see the reaction of moments like the ‘offside’ Bruno goal and they want to appear ‘fair’. They love overcorrection and covering their arse.

We know that. We can see it. I’m sure Erik can too….so don’t give them any reason to do it. I expect someone of Casemiro’s experience to not fall into a trap like that.

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:47 AM
Denis Irwell

Makes you wonder what will happen at Leeds

Erik saying earlier in the season it’s no good complaining about refs. Wondered how long it would take him to speak up

Becoming farcical now. After last week’s assault on Eriksen and not even a yellow. Just lost count now… and that’s leaving aside ignored penalties

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:50 AM
avocado

Quote:
Because his hands are on his neck for a longer amount of time. That’s what’s caught their eye.

It’s wrong, but they won’t overturn it. They won’t undermine the ref’s decision.
But that’s the thing. It was not the referee’s decision. It was VAR’s.

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:52 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Makes you wonder what will happen at Leeds

Erik saying earlier in the season it’s no good complaining about refs. Wondered how long it would take him to speak up

Becoming farcical now. After last week’s assault on Eriksen and not even a yellow. Just lost count now… and that’s leaving aside ignored penalties
Eriksen injury
Weghorst non-penalty week
The Scottish Player non-penalty at Palace

Three ridiculous decisions.

And now the red. All since the Bruno goal v city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Even more reason they won’t change it. It undermines VAR and the ref. They’ll have to admit that they were wrong to send him to the screen and then the ref made the wrong call. That’s a big climb down.

Unread 05-02-2023, 12:58 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
VAR is run by refs int it?

Unread 05-02-2023, 01:00 AM
dunk

Even before the City goal.. 2 blatant pens v Newcastle, ridiculous disallowed goals, opposition allowed to assault us with impunity.

We could and should be at least 4 points closer to Arsenal right now had VAR done it’s job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That Southampton manager is a proper weirdo

What an odd thing to say
That was extremely strange. Sacked by March.

Unread 05-02-2023, 01:04 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Even before the City goal.. 2 blatant pens v Newcastle, ridiculous disallowed goals, opposition allowed to assault us with impunity.

We could and should be at least 4 points closer to Arsenal right now had VAR done it’s job.

That was extremely strange. Sacked by March.
Southampton and Bournemouth are going down.

Unread 05-02-2023, 01:35 AM
Sparky***

Is it any wonder Southampton lost that semi final the other night. Their manager, whoever the £#%&! he is, sounds well out of his depth.

Unread 05-02-2023, 02:16 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by united_1878
shearer talking sense
Can’t remember which game it was but there was a game recently and his commentary was really, really good and … he came across really likeable.

I yield to no man in my hatred of him 25 years ago but got to keep an open mind on everything …..
Closed Thread