United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 14-06-2022, 10:06 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Fried eggs, poached eggs, boiled, scrambled… they’re all immense.

Avocado is horrible and I don’t believe in “superfoods”.
Deep love for boiled (done right) overlooked in the egg world imo ...

Maybe helps jem and his "slime' issues ...

But then the guy isn't the one cooking so what he doesn't like really is what people are serving him

Unread 14-06-2022, 10:27 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Deep love for boiled (done right) overlooked in the egg world imo ...

Maybe helps jem and his "slime' issues ...

But then the guy isn't the one cooking so what he doesn't like really is what people are serving him
just to be clear, this isn't about the right way to cook eggs. I like eggs. I like them fried, scrambled, boiled, omelettes... just not poached. and it's not purely about slime (that is why I like my fried eggs flipped, but it's not the root of the poaching issue).

the issue is that eggs don't go with avocado. even done the way I like them.

Unread 14-06-2022, 11:03 AM
Bunker Buster

Wink

Ah right the answer for me, is no....

Because I don't like Avvos...

Just done a fried egg actually, on a bagel with bacon and cream cheese, jetlagged, built it upside down...

There's no need to flip though, you spoon hot oil over the yolk to seal....

Unread 14-06-2022, 11:07 AM
jem

Quote:
There's no need to flip though, you spoon hot oil over the yolk to seal....
this is true.

don't get me started on cream cheese.

Unread 14-06-2022, 11:08 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Advocados are the worst thing to happen to breakfasts in history ...

Green cardboard, yum.

The Pogba of the food world.
This. Awful stuff.

Scrambled eggs with a large helping of black pepper are my go to eggs.

Unread 14-06-2022, 11:12 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this is true.

don't get me started on cream cheese.
The fresh hell is wrong with cream cheese ?

Crossiants with ham and cream cheese..... Oh may DAIZE

Unread 14-06-2022, 11:19 AM
jem

Quote:
nothing, I guess, if you make it yourself. otherwise... who knows? it just seems unhealthy and dangerous. I expect it is made of ground up hooves. which wouldn't bother you.

Unread 14-06-2022, 04:55 PM
believe

You’d need a good runny egg to wash down that piece of charcoal tbf

Unread 14-06-2022, 04:56 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Crossiants with ham and cream cheese..... Oh may DAIZE
Little sandwich place near me does cream cheese and bacon bagels and they’re f***ing lovely.

Unread 14-06-2022, 04:58 PM
dunk

A good poached egg is the king of eggs

Good poached egg on top of smashed and seasoned avocado and toast is superb

Unread 14-06-2022, 05:45 PM
Finport Red

The soft runny yolk of an egg, poached or fried, oozing over any food tastes delicious.

Except avocado. Only placed there because it leads a pointless existence otherwise.

“What’ll I do with this tasteless pulp, throw it out?”

“Nah, just fire it in with the poached eggs and toast. Be funny if people start pretending they like it.”

Unread 14-06-2022, 10:35 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
The soft runny yolk of an egg, poached or fried, oozing over any food tastes delicious.

Except avocado. Only placed there because it leads a pointless existence otherwise.

“What’ll I do with this tasteless pulp, throw it out?”

“Nah, just fire it in with the poached eggs and toast. Be funny if people start pretending they like it.”
Never understood those with multiple usernames on here before. But now tempted to reinvent myself as Egg.

Unread 14-06-2022, 11:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Never understood those with multiple usernames on here before. But now tempted to reinvent myself as Egg.
must admit, it has made my heart a little sad at how many people don't like avocado.

Unread 14-06-2022, 11:49 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
must admit, it has made my heart a little sad at how many people don't like avocado.
Avocado is infinitely more preferential to chicken period/ovulatory product......

Or, tbf, you.

Unread 14-06-2022, 11:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Avocado is infinitely more preferential to chicken period/ovulatory product......

Or, tbf, you.
so unnecessary.

Unread 15-06-2022, 12:01 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
so unnecessary.
First or second sentence?

Unread 15-06-2022, 04:58 AM
shenwen

Starving atm. Would demolish Bunks’ bagel

And that’s not a euphemism

Unread 15-06-2022, 11:29 AM
Sharders

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark

Or, tbf, you.
As a scientist you must surely be in awe of how chicken eggs are produced pretty much daily?

Apart from the fact they literally contain everything required to create a fully formed chicken from scratch, the process of taking calcium from the blood and layer by layer creating a completely seamless case for it that's 99.99% resistant to infection but permeable to the required gas exchange is evolutionary perfection.

3 weeks to create a chicken from an egg. 4 months for that chicken to start creating its own eggs and the process continues. Beautiful.

I'm not the walrus, I'm the egg man.

Unread 15-06-2022, 11:38 AM
Whip Hubley

Eggs and avocado are both excellent foods done right...

But i'm confused as I genuinely thought Jem was full blown militant captial V vegan

Unread 15-06-2022, 11:44 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharders
As a scientist you must surely be in awe of how chicken eggs are produced pretty much daily?

Apart from the fact they literally contain everything required to create a fully formed chicken from scratch, the process of taking calcium from the blood and layer by layer creating a completely seamless case for it that's 99.99% resistant to infection but permeable to the required gas exchange is evolutionary perfection.

3 weeks to create a chicken from an egg. 4 months for that chicken to start creating its own eggs and the process continues. Beautiful.

I'm not the walrus, I'm the egg man.
It's a decent shout for them being the animal goat. Not much to them but can more thanlook after themslves, batting way above average against bigger foes. Can bully dogs all accros the yard. Not concerned if its hot or cold they just get things done. Can turn waste into food. The c**k a doodle do thing ghastly and a huge vote turnoff though I guess