United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Closed Thread

Unread 31-10-2021, 09:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Struck a nerve did I?
nope. I don't care that much about your stupidity. :0)

Unread 31-10-2021, 09:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Richmond are the best vegan sausages imo.
I've heard this from others too, genuinely intriguing given how crap most of their "meat" offerings are.

Unread 31-10-2021, 11:48 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I've heard this from others too, genuinely intriguing given how crap most of their "meat" offerings are.
I must say I thought Medlock was being sarcastic. Yet to find any meat in any Richmond sausage.

Unread 01-11-2021, 04:14 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

Love a dosa me
Is that why you moved to Thailand?

Dunk, this is probably my favourite non meat meal to make.

https://hellochef.me/recipes/sri-lan...mati-rice-2031

Unread 01-11-2021, 09:02 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Is that why you moved to Thailand?

Dunk, this is probably my favourite non meat meal to make.

https://hellochef.me/recipes/sri-lan...mati-rice-2031
Cheers bellers.

Unread 01-11-2021, 09:10 AM
Coracao

Had to turn that tv show off after 30 mins.

Perhaps the worst thing about veggies if their insistence on telling you that they are one.

Unread 01-11-2021, 09:12 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Had to turn that tv show off after 30 mins.

Perhaps the worst thing about veggies if their insistence on telling you that they are one.
Yep, this is another one you'll hear time and time (and time) again

Unread 01-11-2021, 09:12 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Yep, this is another one you'll hear time and time (and time) again
Probably cause it's true, ffs

Like some of the lesbians and gays I know who have to make it clear at regular intervals.

Nobody f***in' cares mate...

Unread 01-11-2021, 09:19 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Probably cause it's true, ffs

Like some of the lesbians and gays I know who have to make it clear at regular intervals.

Nobody f***in' cares mate...
Yeah, we never shut up about it in the vegetarianism thread!

But, it's the exact opposite in my experience. Non-vegetarians trying to provoke a conversation about it as if what you choose to eat is a personal attack on them.

Unread 01-11-2021, 09:21 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Yeah, we never shut up about it in the vegetarianism thread!

But, it's the exact opposite in my experience. Non-vegetarians trying to provoke a conversation about it as if what you choose to eat is a personal attack on them.
I was clearly talking in general terms, you wally.

Unread 01-11-2021, 09:24 AM
shenwen

The only time I have ever hear a vegetarian mention it is when we are ordering food. Which kind of makes sense no?

Unread 01-11-2021, 09:30 AM
Medlock

Quote:
I was clearly talking in general terms, you wally.
I know you're one the good guys but a tiny bit of me can't help thinking that you clicked on this thread in order to get angry at vegetarians talking about vegetarianism.
But, anyway, now your here, have you ever thought that maybe "meat is murder"? Or the environmental and health benefits of a vegetarian diet?
Never too late to change your ways. Happy to send links.

Unread 01-11-2021, 09:38 AM
Sapien

Quote:
I know you're one the good guys but a tiny bit of me can't help thinking that you clicked on this thread in order to get angry at vegetarians talking about vegetarianism.
But, anyway, now your here, have you ever thought that maybe "meat is murder"? Or the environmental and health benefits of a vegetarian diet?
Never too late to change your ways. Happy to send links.
It's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder.

Although thinking about it, that is a deeply flawed definition of murder.

Unread 01-11-2021, 09:55 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
It's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder.

Although thinking about it, that is a deeply flawed definition of murder.
it's also applying a human construct (the definition of murder) to a natural cycle. There are no murder trials for Lions or Bears iirc.

we're not separate from the rest of the animals. We're the champions of the food chain.
Imagine liverpool and city giving up top spot because they're above us all now? would be insulting.

Unread 01-11-2021, 10:06 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
it's also applying a human construct (the definition of murder) to a natural cycle. There are no murder trials for Lions or Bears iirc.

we're not separate from the rest of the animals. We're the champions of the food chain.
Imagine liverpool and city giving up top spot because they're above us all now? would be insulting.
Champions based on what?

Unread 01-11-2021, 10:08 AM
AK14

It all kind of makes sense now seeing a few posters come out as veggie…

Anyway, good for you dunk. I’ve thought about giving it a go before, not because I think meat is murder and all that balls but more to see if it improved my health etc. I’d miss beef and chicken too much though tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Did some buffalo Cauliflower ’wings’ the other day, it was nice but it just wasn’t chicken
Buffalo cauliflower wings…

Unread 01-11-2021, 10:15 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Champions based on what?
top of the food chain and we're having a laugh.

Regarding vegetarian options; I'm not a hater of tofu. but the cauliflower substitutes are a disgrace. absolutely destroys the intestines with very aggressive chain farts.

Unread 01-11-2021, 10:16 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Champions based on what?
This.

Always grimace when I see Hank Cheeseburger bragging he is at the top of the food chain when it is purely the result of a small number of smart people inventing stuff and distributing it amongst the masses.

1-1 with Hank vs a bear, Bear will win every time.

Lazzers does make a good point though - there should be trials every time a bear eats a person.

Would love to see a bear in a suit and tie being defended by one of the forum lawyers. Would be good entertainment.

Anyway, if you want to imagine hell - just look at what we do to animals and pray aliens never treat us like that.

Unread 01-11-2021, 10:18 AM
Bobda

Smashed the 1st rule of vegetarianism, make sure everyone knows about it!
Best of luck with it though Dunk. My experience is that its tough sustaining it over a long period of time.

Whilst Game Changers is a good, wouldn't change my lifestyle around it.
Make sure you listen/watch James Wilks getting his absolute arse handed to him by an expert on a Joe Rogan podcast.

Unread 01-11-2021, 10:19 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
This.

Always grimace when I see Hank Cheeseburger bragging he is at the top of the food chain when it is purely the result of a small number of smart people inventing stuff and distributing it amongst the masses.

1-1 with Hank vs a bear, Bear will win every time.

Lazzers does make a good point though - there should be trials every time a bear eats a person.

Would love to see a bear in a suit and tie being defended by one of the forum lawyers. Would be good entertainment.

Anyway, if you want to imagine hell - just look at what we do to animals and pray aliens never treat us like that.
Who the f*** eats bear meat?

90% sure I could take a cow on, so steak it is.
Closed Thread