United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Closed Thread

Unread 31-10-2021, 04:50 PM
redhegemony

Go by region.

Greek/Turkish mezze with falafel, salad, humous olives, red cabbage etc.

Indian - vegetable curry with some Dahl and poppadoms.

All the mince dishes are dead easy but I would try to do some meat replacement and on other days cook dishes that are naturally vegetarian.

BBC has some great ideas.

Unread 31-10-2021, 04:53 PM
Medlock

Richmond are the best vegan sausages imo.
Tinned green lentils are very cheap, healthy (i think) and a good substitute for quorn mince (although the mince is ok).

Unread 31-10-2021, 04:57 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Tinned green lentils are very cheap, healthy (i think) and a good substitute for quorn mince (although the mince is ok).
Not a big fan of Quorn has always given me the shits.

Unread 31-10-2021, 04:58 PM
FraUtd

Not veggie by any stretch, but go through phases of trying some of the substitute stuff, Quorn ruins me for some reason

Got vegan falafel things from lidl to cater for a friend, really surprisingly nice

Unread 31-10-2021, 05:04 PM
jem

I'm soooo hungry.

Unread 31-10-2021, 05:22 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Go by region.

Greek/Turkish mezze with falafel, salad, humous olives, red cabbage etc.

Indian - vegetable curry with some Dahl and poppadoms.

All the mince dishes are dead easy but I would try to do some meat replacement and on other days cook dishes that are naturally vegetarian.

BBC has some great ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Nice.

Some of the fake meat here is amazing, although thatís probably because I canít remember what meat tastes like

Unread 31-10-2021, 05:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
My only beef* with veggies is that if you are becoming a veggie cos of the mistreatment of animals, unless you go vegan, you're a hypocrite.

* See what I did there?
yes. you just repeated some irrelevant balls we've all heard before.

Unread 31-10-2021, 05:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Nice.

Some of the fake meat here is amazing, although thatís probably because I canít remember what meat tastes like

Did some buffalo Cauliflower íwingsí the other day, it was nice but it just wasnít chicken

Unread 31-10-2021, 05:54 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Did some buffalo Cauliflower íwingsí the other day, it was nice but it just wasnít chicken
try what the cluck.

Unread 31-10-2021, 05:56 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Iíve had a look at the vegetarian mince, couldnít bring myself to buy it though.

Never had tofu either.

The red onion Linda McCartney Ďsausagesí are decent tbf.
Paul McCartney.....kids Iíve got some good news and some bad news

Kids....give us the bad news first

Macca....your mums dead

Kids....oh my god, whatís the good news?

Macca....itís steak for tea tonight

Unread 31-10-2021, 06:03 PM
wiganste

My missus is a vegetarian and she makes some nice stuff. I donít mind eating it all

Obvs Iím having a roast beef dinner tonight but have found myself eating less meat than usual

Unread 31-10-2021, 06:14 PM
Patty_b

We eat a lot less meat, but can't cut it out altogether.

The Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers are immense. I'd rather have them than any meat burger now.

Unread 31-10-2021, 06:17 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yes. you just repeated some irrelevant balls we've all heard before.
Struck a nerve did I?

If you're a veggie, you're neither fish nor fowl.

Unread 31-10-2021, 06:33 PM
Jethro

Had the mock duck pancakes from YeoPans in Chorlton last night. Chinese food I'll always stick to veggie. They've got it down right.

Unread 31-10-2021, 06:48 PM
Spock

go and spend some time in south india if you want good vegetarian, good lord those boys can cook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Had the mock duck pancakes from YeoPans in Chorlton last night. Chinese food I'll always stick to veggie. They've got it down right.
probably the most un-veggie place on the planet tbh. (China not Chorlton) lived in hk years ago and travelled in china a lot. they would pick the meat out of things and then say its vegetarian. not that i was, used to make me laugh though

Unread 31-10-2021, 07:29 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
go and spend some time in south india if you want good vegetarian, good lord those boys can cook!

probably the most un-veggie place on the planet tbh. (China not Chorlton) lived in hk years ago and travelled in china a lot. they would pick the meat out of things and then say its vegetarian. not that i was, used to make me laugh though
Bang on Mr Spock.cant beat the Indians for veggie food imo.

Was plotted up in Kerala for a while and eat like a veggie for over 6months and didnt miss the meat one bit

Some of the steet food in the North is pretty good too

Love a dosa me

Unread 31-10-2021, 07:51 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Struck a nerve did I?

If you're a veggie, you're neither fish nor fowl.
Don't make things better if you can't make them perfect?

I'm not veggie but wtf are you talking about? One, why do you care, two, surely less animals are killed/mistreated if there's less meat eaters on the planet. So three, you're talking out of your arse.

I like meat but try to and do eat less of it. By your rational, unless I go vegan I should just slaughter dogs I pass in the street.

Unread 31-10-2021, 07:55 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Don't make things better if you can't make them perfect?

I'm not veggie but wtf are you talking about? One, why do you care, two, surely less animals are killed/mistreated if there's less meat eaters on the planet. So three, you're talking out of your arse.

I like meat but try to and do eat less of it. By your rational, unless I go vegan I should just slaughter dogs I pass in the street.
One, I'm winding Jem up as he likes to bite, two, why do YOU give a f*** & three, wind yer f***ing neck in.

Unread 31-10-2021, 08:00 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
One, I'm winding Jem up as he likes to bite, two, why do YOU give a f*** & three, wind yer f***ing neck in.
Dude you didn't even make it past round one. Weak as a tofu sausage.

Anyway, back on track. I probably eat meat 4/5 times a week at the minute. Would be a lot less if the kid liked more veg.

Unread 31-10-2021, 08:59 PM
otbarney

I had vegetarian stir fry for tea, with diced chicken breast.
Closed Thread