United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 01-07-2022, 08:30 AM
believe

Default Booziní 2022

What we all up to these days apart from drinking expensive single malt whiskeys?

Iíve had a few this week after a three month hiatus. Birthday week so been given a pass for a few more next week before another three months of it

Happy weekend

Unread 01-07-2022, 08:33 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
What we all up to these days apart from drinking expensive single malt whiskeys?

Iíve had a few this week after a three month hiatus. Birthday week so been given a pass for a few more next week before another three months of it

Happy weekend

3 months off the sauce feeling the benefits?

Iíve got three kegs of Jaipur for my perfect pour in the garage which Iím not touching as trying to fit into my shirts again

Unread 01-07-2022, 08:36 AM
believe

Do I balls bit easier on the waistline I suppose but itís a killer not being able to drink for me.

I have actually realized itís the social aspect I miss rather than the drink but itís pretty shit drinking fresh orange while everyone is necking pints and thereís only so much fresh orange you can drink.

Unread 01-07-2022, 08:54 AM
Chorlton74

Just had a week in Crete. Only second time in 9 months i've had a drink on consecutive days. Back on the j20's again. Can take or leave booze now. Not arsed about the social element anymore either. 4.7 stone lighter for it.

Unread 01-07-2022, 08:55 AM
silv

Quote:
Do I balls bit easier on the waistline I suppose but itís a killer not being able to drink for me.

I have actually realized itís the social aspect I miss rather than the drink but itís pretty shit drinking fresh orange while everyone is necking pints and thereís only so much fresh orange you can drink.
You doing it to give the old swimmers a better chance?

Unread 01-07-2022, 08:58 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
You doing it to give the old swimmers a better chance?
Yup. Got an operation on the 12th too to have a varicose vein snipped from my balls :wince:

Iíve got a load of work travel in the next two months which will be a killer because I canít imagine being in an airport and not drinking.

Unread 01-07-2022, 09:00 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Yup. Got an operation on the 12th too to have a varicose vein snipped from my balls :wince:
Hopefully there will be a thread?

Unread 01-07-2022, 09:03 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Havenít done a ďpost a pictureĒ thread for a while. Hopefully it will swell up.

Unread 01-07-2022, 09:04 AM
Drexl

I too have long breaks from the ale, and have just started a dry period.

In fact, a neighbour who's recently had a hernia op gave me a can of 0% alcohol Guinness a few days ago.

Even ice cold I couldn't finish it. It was like a snide version of Guinness. Almost Guinness but not quite, with a strange aftertaste

Ice cold fizzy water trumps all

Unread 01-07-2022, 09:10 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
I too have long breaks from the ale, and have just started a dry period.

In fact, a neighbour who's recently had a hernia op gave me a can of 0% alcohol Guinness a few days ago.

Even ice cold I couldn't finish it. It was like a snide version of Guinness. Almost Guinness but not quite, with a strange aftertaste

Ice cold fizzy water trumps all
Yeah, Iíve been trying Heineken 0 and even though the taste is similar I know Iím being had. Price of a pint here is averagely 6-10 quid and the 0 stuff is the same price

Unread 01-07-2022, 09:18 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Yeah, Iíve been trying Heineken 0 and even though the taste is similar I know Iím being had. Price of a pint here is averagely 6-10 quid and the 0 stuff is the same price
That's a disgrace

Tax alcohol... yeah okay. But part of the "justification" for that is apparently to stop us all become alcoholics. The same price gig is just taking the piss

Confession time:

I was prescribed a pain killer... pregabalin or something (long boring story)

Well d***head here forgot he was taking it and drank alcohol. Numerous times. Honestly, it's like looking into one of these things every five minutes:

I've stopped it now, but a few times in the morning, I'd say "morning!" to the missus, and she'd be all "you don't remember last night do you?"

Unread 01-07-2022, 01:04 PM
TravellingRed

Bitter or Guinness if I'm out, at home the same but with the addition of wine and spirits.

Just been to London on a work/union trip and spent two days on the sauce. Got home last night and popped in the local for a swift one on my way home, ended up in there till closing time absolutely bongoed.

Unread 01-07-2022, 01:26 PM
Baron

Had a glass of this with my steak last night - absolutely magnificent.

Trying to avoid the beers for a bit & stay on the rum or red wine but it's just too hard.

Unread 01-07-2022, 01:49 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Outstanding :.

I love a glass of red with dinner, or a couple of pints if Iím out with the ladsÖbut thatís it.

The days Iíve wasted with terrible hangovers plus all the weight that needs shifting in the gym when I used to really drink.

Guys who used to moan about me not drinking very much are now going the same way.

If thereís anyone in their 20ís reading thisÖgive up drinkingÖyouíll thank yourself in the future.

Unread 22-07-2022, 06:11 AM
believe

Nearly five months now that I've been "off"* the booze. However, missus leaves on Sunday for a month so can see that going out of the window. Actually worries me slightly thinking about the after effects.

* had a one or two maybe once a fortnight.

Unread 22-07-2022, 09:54 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Nearly five months now that I've been "off"* the booze. However, missus leaves on Sunday for a month so can see that going out of the window. Actually worries me slightly thinking about the after effects.

* had a one or two maybe once a fortnight.
Great going that mate. I have cut down a lot this year too. Going to go September to Christmas without, Mainly to see how it affects my weight and running times.

On it this weekend though

Unread 22-07-2022, 09:58 AM
wiganste

Cut down massively since the football season ended.
Rarely drink in the house now (however, I did have 12 bottles of Staropramen the other night)

Had a bottle of Glenfiddich sat there for months and I haven't cracked it open yet. Normally would do it in within a couple of nights.

Unread 22-07-2022, 10:12 AM
Chopper

Heading to Dublin today for some good Guinness.

Unread 22-07-2022, 11:51 AM
armchair

I've had a solid month of drinking after 8 months dry. Took to it like a duck to water. I'll have a couple of bottles of white wine tonight then I think I'll quit again.

Unread 22-07-2022, 11:54 AM
My Name is Heath

Health reasons - no booze.

Do I miss it? Of course at times but I think I'd miss being alive more.

Some of my happiest moments had booze at the heart of them.