United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 23-06-2022, 07:02 PM
Finport Red

Default Your favourite supermarket-bought ice cream.

You get home after a stressful day, have decided what to have for your tea. Youíre having egg and vinegar sarnies (obvs) with chips and gravy, with a sausage to act as a boom to stop one leaking on to the other (because that would be awful). You go to the fridge to ensure your red sauce is there, along with a king size Mars bar to break your teeth on later, when you spy your favourite ice cream in the freezer.

What make and flavour, and what will you be adding to it?

Unread 23-06-2022, 07:05 PM
armchair

lidl do a bourbon vanilla that is better than any of the brand vanilla ice creams available here. I don't really eat ice cream but have tasted it and always get it requested when doing a shop.

Unread 23-06-2022, 07:07 PM
AK14

Halo top gooey brownie lolly

Unread 23-06-2022, 07:09 PM
Finport Red

Tesco do Mullins vanilla here. Itís superb. Not mad keen on the exotic flavours or ones with cookies or marshmallows in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Halo top gooey brownie lolly
Sounds good. Donít mind a bit of that.

Haagen dazs salted caramel is pretty tasty too.

Unread 23-06-2022, 07:12 PM
armchair

Used to love that Ben and Jerry's flavour, caramel triple choc or something but they kept on making the flavours more and more complicated so I gave them up. I f***ing hate brownies getting involved in any way and they seemed to want to get them involved in everything. Pretty much gave up ice cream after that. Brownies are like dust in ice cream.

Unread 23-06-2022, 07:15 PM
Drexl

Very rarely eat ice cream, but fond of a pistachio, or black cherry, or mint-choc-chip.

But rather than get a tub and it be left in the freezer for yonks, I'd probs just have a magnum

Unread 23-06-2022, 07:15 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Used to love that Ben and Jerry's flavour, caramel triple choc or something but they kept on making the flavours more and more complicated so I gave them up. I f***ing hate brownies getting involved in any way and they seemed to want to get them involved in everything. Pretty much gave up ice cream after that. Brownies are like dust in ice cream.
Itís an American land whale thing, isnít it? ďHey! This ice cream isnít sweet and fat enough.Ē

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Very rarely eat ice cream, but fond of a pistachio, or black cherry, or mint-choc-chip.

But rather than get a tub and it be left in the freezer for yonks, I'd probs just have a magnum
Always wanted pistachio because Iíd seen it on Sesame Street as a kid.

Unread 23-06-2022, 07:20 PM
Arnold Muhren

Had this at Christmas. Different level

Unread 23-06-2022, 07:21 PM
redhegemony

Unread 23-06-2022, 07:23 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Had this at Christmas. Different level
Yeah, that looks class. Christmas only though.