United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Closed Thread

Unread 18-07-2021, 07:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
f***, fell just short back to square one.

Cheers pal!
How do you feel now, though.

Unread 18-07-2021, 08:06 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Still one Hell of an achievement, sir

I read it takes 12 months for a person's liver to fully repair and regenerate: you might have just given yourself the best present you ever had
I had to Google this. Thank f*** it's not true

Unread 18-07-2021, 08:33 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I had to Google this. Thank f*** it's not true
maybe not for a healthy active lad who eats a good diet like yourself, but caveat emptor

I cannot remember where I read it... one of the medical docs my mrs sent me

but this random google for instance gave it as a rule of thumb

https://www.aspenridgerecoverycenter...-repair-liver/

Quote: Severe drinking may require three months to a year to fully regenerate the liver to its original capacity and functionality.

Sure, a casual drinker who has a sherry with their sunday dinner need not worry, and sure a moderate to semi heavy drinker will see much benefit after quitting for a month. But (not including proper alkies) us bingers are advised to have a full year off. I did 14 months (and regularly have 3 to 4 month breaks) best thing I ever did

Anywho, you aren't daft, good luck

EDIT link asking the semi-relevant question; does the human body really renew itself every 7 years? Just fyi

https://science.howstuffworks.com/li...even-years.htm

Unread 18-07-2021, 09:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
How do you feel now, though.
Decent. Worst nights sleep Iíve had in a year though. Alcohol coupled with the heat wasnít a winning combination in that respect.

Unread 18-07-2021, 11:16 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
maybe not for a healthy active lad who eats a good diet like yourself, but caveat emptor

I cannot remember where I read it... one of the medical docs my mrs sent me

but this random google for instance gave it as a rule of thumb

https://www.aspenridgerecoverycenter...-repair-liver/

Quote: Severe drinking may require three months to a year to fully regenerate the liver to its original capacity and functionality.

Sure, a casual drinker who has a sherry with their sunday dinner need not worry, and sure a moderate to semi heavy drinker will see much benefit after quitting for a month. But (not including proper alkies) us bingers are advised to have a full year off. I did 14 months (and regularly have 3 to 4 month breaks) best thing I ever did

Anywho, you aren't daft, good luck

EDIT link asking the semi-relevant question; does the human body really renew itself every 7 years? Just fyi

https://science.howstuffworks.com/li...even-years.htm
i'm going to do 3 months off it from sept-december. possibly.

Unread 19-07-2021, 08:14 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i'm going to do 3 months off it from sept-december. possibly.
Get on it pal. It is a gift to yourself

I started like that tbh.. 2 weeks here, then a month...

TBH, I'm only doing it so i can get right back on it in later life

Unread 19-07-2021, 08:40 AM
Arnold Muhren

Well done to all sticking it out. Iíve just done a week booze free and although Iím sleeping better already (heat notwithstanding) I really did miss having a few at the weekend. Massive well done to dunk, nearly a year? Bloody hell.

Unread 06-03-2022, 02:17 PM
Neo

This weekend marked 2 years for me being alcohol-free. (And smoke-free, as I only ever smoked when I drank).

Might get c***ed after the Derby.
Closed Thread