United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 27-10-2023, 01:20 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
its 2023 guys you can't use gorilla emojis unless it's in relation to a white man

12 game ban coming, which is fair considering previous 1 game ban for bernardo silva
It’ll be a 3 matcher, same as Cavani got.

Nuts to think that Suarez only got an extra 5 games on top of that for actual racist abuse

Unread 27-10-2023, 01:36 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It wasn't a monkey.emoji ?

It was a huge silver back.gorilla....how do you not know they banter in training ? It's between them two...used to know a lad from Nigeria and they called him "Silver" it Was to do with his huge back.... I:ea Gorilla... He was black...

If it offended Onana he'd just keep quiet, maybe give the reaction, let the club deal.with it...

He's backed his lad, reposted, explained, said he's not offended, posted an embrace shot....

It's £#%&!ing ridiculous the state of this current world that we have to FIND offence.....

Friends give shit too each other all day....was banned in here once for using the F bomb, I'd JUST finished the same joke with a mate ...

Words aren't offensive...
Erm I never said that I was offended mate.

Unread 27-10-2023, 12:45 PM
RedNick80

It’s either acceptable or it isn’t - regardless if Onana is offended.

Ignorance is a major part of racism, and using monkey/gorilla emojis isn’t wise, especially as a public figure. Kids then think it’s ok to do the same to black kids or hide behind Garnacho doing it so it’s ok…

Garnacho obviously meant no racist connotation but it’s still not right. Would be a great opportunity to highlight why it was wrong and very little harm done but they (the FA) can’t ignore it due to him not being offended, that’s not how it works.

Completely agree re Suarez by the way, that was a long time ago though and you would have thought today he’d have got a far heavier ban for blatant and direct racism.

Unread 27-10-2023, 01:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80

Ignorance is a major part of racism, and using monkey/gorilla emojis isn’t wise, especially as a public figure. Kids then think it’s ok to do the same to black kids or hide behind Garnacho doing it so it’s ok…

Garnacho obviously meant no racist connotation but it’s still not right. Would be a great opportunity to highlight why it was wrong and very little harm done but they (the FA) can’t ignore it due to him not being offended, that’s not how it works.

Completely agree re Suarez by the way, that was a long time ago though and you would have thought today he’d have got a far heavier ban for blatant and direct racism.
But how can a governing body charge you ? The Fella it was sent to has said it goes no further, he then has zero bodily autonomy....

That would be like forcing people to take an untested jab to go the cinema or the Beac....

Oh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Erm I never said that I was offended mate.
Ok mate...

Unread 27-10-2023, 01:03 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80

Kind of agree with this. No hate to Garnacho, I don't think there was any intent or maliciousness behind it. Just a bit of a silly thing to do really. Especially at our club, any excuse for outrage people are on it.

Just punishing him won't really help too much, if the FA want to help with issues like this in the future then they should look into how young lads from abroad are brought into the country through academies and what sort of assistance they get to better help them understand the culture they find themselves in now.

Unread 27-10-2023, 01:09 PM
AK14

A bit of social media training/education is what’s needed here, not a ban of any kind.

Unread 27-10-2023, 01:14 PM
Bunker Buster

.....or everyone could just keep it moving, go about their normal life.

Unread 27-10-2023, 01:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
.....or everyone could just keep it moving, go about their normal life.
That’s just not going to happen, there’ll be some sort of blow back surely? (it’s a United player) and a bit of education is how it should be dealt with, but I’m guessing a ban will be incoming.

Unread 27-10-2023, 01:20 PM
puressence

Quote:
My goal keeper
Aren’t you in your 40s ffs

Unread 07-11-2023, 07:10 PM
Chris Quayd

Warned but no ban, glad he's got that monkey off his back

Unread 07-11-2023, 07:14 PM
larry

thank £#%&! maguire isn't black
only way he got off

Unread 07-11-2023, 07:18 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Warned but no ban

Unread 26-11-2023, 07:47 PM
westcoastvan

F)ck! That goal....pure talent.

I don't mind starting Rashford as a playmaker on the right if it means Garnacho starts every game.

First game I've really enjoyed all season., fingers crossed for Newcastle.

Unread 27-11-2023, 04:18 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
F)ck! That goal....pure talent.

I don't mind starting Rashford as a playmaker on the right if it means Garnacho starts every game.

First game I've really enjoyed all season., fingers crossed for Newcastle.

Would like to see his stats on misplaced passes, losing the ball, etc.

Garnacho was surprisingly quiet - hard to get going again after a goal of that quality.

Unread 27-11-2023, 05:55 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Would like to see his stats on misplaced passes, losing the ball, etc.

Garnacho was surprisingly quiet - hard to get going again after a goal of that quality.
I'd just play him. He's shaping up to be a wonder kid, and he's not going to get any better sitting on the bench.

I get the concern with stats..... but sometimes you just have to roll the dice with the young ones.

Unread 27-11-2023, 07:40 AM
shenwen

Quote:
I'd just play him. He's shaping up to be a wonder kid, and he's not going to get any better sitting on the bench.

I get the concern with stats..... but sometimes you just have to roll the dice with the young ones.
To clarify - I meant Rashford. We are well past rolling the dice this season. Should be dropped for Pellistri

Unread 27-11-2023, 08:22 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
To clarify - I meant Rashford. We are well past rolling the dice this season. Should be dropped for Pellistri
I like Pellistri, but....

I think Garnacho, Hojlund & Pellistri would be too much of an inexperienced front line.

You need Rashford in the mix, Martial to, if he can stay uninjured for once, and start banging goals in again like he did under Ole.

Unread 27-11-2023, 09:24 AM
the heathen

Quote:
You need Rashford in the mix, Martial to, if he can stay uninjured for once, and start banging goals in again like he did under Ole.
😁
There's always someone that comes out with this.

Unread 27-11-2023, 09:57 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
😁
There's always someone that comes out with this.
jem alts
no one else could be that stupid