United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2023, 08:42 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He's still absolutely nowhere near Kane. And likely never will be.

Picking him over Kane would be mental. Don't really need stats quoting at me, as I've seen them both play countless times.
Absolutely nowhere near? Fair to say I disagree.

I don't know how exactly good he will be in five years time. I do know he will be much better than Kane will be though.

Unread 21-01-2023, 08:51 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins

I don't know how exactly good he will be in five years time. I do know he will be much better than Kane will be though.
Quite frankly, I've been sick of waiting 7 years for Martial to fulfill his 'potential'. So if Kane becomes available, be it you only get his peak for 2 or 3 years. GET HIM

Sick of having strikers either with potential or 36 year olds. Proven goalscorer with miles left please

Unread 21-01-2023, 08:56 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Levels.

Kane is one of the top strikers in World football. Vlahovic isn't. I acutally think he has been pretty disapointing at Juve and hasn't really kicked on tbh.

Unread 21-01-2023, 09:18 PM
Stickman

Quote:

Not every signing has to be with 5 years time in mind. 5 years from now Casemiro is probably in the MLS.

Kane would do better for us the next 2-3 seasons than almost any other forward in world football imo.

It’s a no brainer if he is interested.

Unread 21-01-2023, 10:03 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Levels.

Kane is one of the top strikers in World football. Vlahovic isn't. I acutally think he has been pretty disapointing at Juve and hasn't really kicked on tbh.
You don't want stats quoted but 24 goals in Serie A last season (and six and ten this in a team that hardly scores), and been disappointing .

Great finisher and works really hard, easily one of the top strikers in Europe and young enough to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Not every signing has to be with 5 years time in mind. 5 years from now Casemiro is probably in the MLS.

Kane would do better for us the next 2-3 seasons than almost any other forward in world football imo.

It’s a no brainer if he is interested.
Sounds like Osimhen is the top option because ten Hag wants pace.

Unread 21-01-2023, 10:18 PM
Coracao

Quote:
You don't want stats quoted but 24 goals in Serie A last season (and six and ten this in a team that hardly scores), and been disappointing .
Did you even read what I wrote?

Since he moved to Juventus.

Maybe try watching him a bit more rather than looking at his Wiki stats section.

FWIW, I thought he was very good at Fiorentina. However, under no circumstances should he be bought if we can get Kane.

Unread 21-01-2023, 10:26 PM
92ToBury

Given we’re in line for new owners, could we get a better option with them? Would they suddenly get Erik whoever he wants?

Unread 21-01-2023, 10:29 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Given we’re in line for new owners, could we get a better option with them? Would they suddenly get Erik whoever he wants?
I really don't think there are many who are at the level required who are attainable.

Kane and Osimhen are likely the top two with a huge drop off after that.

Unread 21-01-2023, 11:08 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
I really don't think there are many who are at the level required who are attainable.

Kane and Osimhen are likely the top two with a huge drop off after that.
That's kind of where I'm going. If new owners are sportwashers who want to ramp up the area like city's lot have done round Eastlands, we could be getting a lot of non-FFP investment (stadium, etc.) that will help with FFP if they increase capacity to 100,000 for example. The new owners might just go, yeah, we'll get you Bellingham, Mbappe, whoever you want.

Unread 21-01-2023, 11:09 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Did you even read what I wrote?

Since he moved to Juventus.

Maybe try watching him a bit more rather than looking at his Wiki stats section.

FWIW, I thought he was very good at Fiorentina. However, under no circumstances should he be bought if we can get Kane.
Ffs what a load of shite

Reads like something written by Biden.

Unread 21-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Ffs what a load of shite

Reads like something written by Biden.
You're the one advocating signing him over Kane.

Yet, I am the one talking shite.

Unread 21-01-2023, 11:20 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
You're the one advocating signing him over Kane.

Yet, I am the one talking shite.
Thank £#%&! our manager won't be taking your advice.

Imagine not rating what a fit Vlahovic has done at Juve

Unread 21-01-2023, 11:22 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Thank f*** our manager won't be taking your advice.

Imagine not rating what a fit Vlahovic has done at Juve
Imagine picking Vlahovic over Kane.

Clown.

Unread 21-01-2023, 11:29 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Imagine picking Vlahovic over Kane.

Clown.
Dismissing one of the very best young strikers in Europe

Unread 21-01-2023, 11:52 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Woah there, let’s put the brakes on before you do yourself some serious and irreversible damage. Coracao is a time served red. You can’t just come on here, throwing gifs of Doofy at him and acting like Charlie big potatoes. You’ve got to give respect to get respect.

I’m going to chalk this up to you being relatively new to these parts, but a word of advice, son: pick your battles wisely. You’re veering dangerously close to me calling the boys on and trust me, you don’t want that kind of heat.

Consider yourself warned.

Unread 22-01-2023, 12:19 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He’s incredibly underrated, would be extraordinary here as a goal scorer and a creator. Can you imagine this squad starting 3/4’s of games knowing you’ll score? He’s the best no.9 & no.10 in the league, £80m or so? It’s buying a title with this coach.
i mostly think you're right, but "incredibly underrated"? he's been the most talked about english player for the past 8 years or so.

Unread 22-01-2023, 12:23 AM
Coracao

Quote:
I have dismissed him if Kane is available, as he isn't on the same level.

Hard getting this through to you tbh.

If we can't get Kane or Osimhen, then we will have to drop down to the next level of player, which would include the likes of Vlahovic.

Unread 22-01-2023, 12:31 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Woah there, let’s put the brakes on before you do yourself some serious and irreversible damage. Coracao is a time served red. You can’t just come on here, throwing gifs of Doofy at him and acting like Charlie big potatoes. You’ve got to give respect to get respect.

I’m going to chalk this up to you being relatively new to these parts, but a word of advice, son: pick your battles wisely. You’re veering dangerously close to me calling the boys on and trust me, you don’t want that kind of heat.

Consider yourself warned.
Sometimes the new blood has got to come out swinging

It's OK though, I'm sure he'll change his mind on Vlahovic in three months like he did with Osimhen .

Unread 22-01-2023, 12:41 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Sometimes the new blood has got to come out swinging

It's OK though, I'm sure he'll change his mind on Vlahovic in three months like he did with Osimhen .
Imagine being able to change your mind as things develop

Unread 22-01-2023, 12:54 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Imagine being able to change your mind as things develop
Will come back in three months to see if you've seen sense
Closed Thread